Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh thank god. The Fiance picked up a bag of Collard Greens from Stop And Shop because it was the only green leafy vegetable left. I don't even know how they got here, this is New Jersey. Who eats collards up here? Despite living in the south for ten years, I never got the trick of making good collards (only really tried twice, something was very swampy and sulfurous about them). Do you have to boil them? We really like stir fried greens, mostly cabbage or spinach.
Cut the ribs out, cut into chunks, then pan fry for a bit in some garlic/onion/bacon (if you do meat, otherwise don't worry) then pour in like a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar, some red pepper flakes, then stick a lid on the pan for about 15 minutes. That's how my mother in law here in NC taught me, and it's done me great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

A good pepper too. Best grits are stone-ground, enough butter that you start to get nervous, some gruyere or a decent parm, and a good crack of a good pepper. I don't even meat anymore but you serve me that with some chorizo oil dribbled over it and some garlic butter shrimp and I'm gonna just wreck my week with how much I eat.