Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
This is bullshit and I am super loving angry about it. loving shithead motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That Old Tree posted:

I assume "you must post this on SA" was part of the settlement, which is a perfect representation of how loving dumb and pathetic Zak S is.

I expect that there’s a similar statement and mod resignation from Ettin on rpg.net too. Zak went far enough to make Ettin post it to an OSR Discord server Ettin was never part of - but coincidentally is a place Zak is banned from for being a shitlord that the mod staff criticized.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

Which makes the inclusion of his contribution to 5e in that apology letter all the more bizarre. Wouldn't WotC not want him associated with their products in any way, shape, or form?

He’s the kind of person who thinks that winning lawsuits to prove he’s legally “right” is enough to win people back over to his side. It might work on Wizards of the Coast, MAYBE, if Mearls is still in charge.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That Old Tree posted:

I could definitely get the basic legal argument that someone must disseminate their forced apology in relevant places of relatively high traffic, but :laffo: at Zak telling on himself this hard.

I mean you could maybe argue that it’s a high traffic place because the OSR balkanized HARD after g+ shut down but no it’s just really loving petty.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Len posted:

I only kind of remember Mikans posting but they seemed like good people. It's a shame a pants making GBS threads abusive rapist had to chase them off.

Mikan is a great person and a great designer and we are all much much worse off for not having her around any more.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

moths posted:

As an aside, has anyone who didn't start off rich ever become successful in the world of moody photoshop filtering?

Yes. Larry Ellison.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Loxbourne posted:

Several possibilities, but the most likely is simply that Ettin is not in a financial position to fly over to Canada (or hire a Canadian lawyer) to raise the argument that it has no jurisdiction. Entering a defence costs money; taking a case to trial costs even more money.

If no defence is filed then the court may have no choice but to grant the claimant the eleventy-bazillion dollars he demands as a judgement in default. Presented with that alternative (and with the risk of the Australian courts recognising a Canadian judgement) I cannot blame Ettin for taking a route out that does not leave him bankrupt.

This would have been in Australia where Ettin lives, most likely. Zak is able to sue Mandy in Canada because she's living there now.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is Ettin getting money from the Breakfast Cult collection?

He's the main designer so yes!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

Posting about Zac S the rapist and abuser who to the best of my knowledge has never denied making GBS threads his pants at the gencon Chick-fil-A to remind myself that it's payday and I should donate to some gofundmes.

Also I've only played D&D so what's some of ettins stuff I should check out?

Breakfast Cult is on sale: https://itch.io/s/29604/breakfast-cult-bundle

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

So fun fact, all the smilies have titles that I don't know if there's a way to see them in the forums. When I went in to create the original : zak : i just copy/pasted the : shrek : smilie.

Anyways, turns out the title to that had racism in it. Not like kinda racist, it was the loving n-word.

This happens often enough that "load bearing racism in the code" has become kind of a meme among the mods and admins.

Anyways that's gone now because lol hell no I can change this right now.

I believe those show up as the tooltip if you hover over a smilie on the smilies page. The one for :shrek : is now empty, the one for :zak : is "Zak S, pants shitter and abuser."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That Old Tree posted:

I could've sworn some Kickstarter collaborator of Zak's was like "look, I can't kick him out and I can't just scrap this whole thing, but I wash my hands of this bullshit and I'm sorry." I guess that wasn't this Evans guy, though? Or did he change his mind thanks to Zak's amazing ability to poo poo all over a comments section as if they were his pants?

That was Patrick Stuart who got linked with the false machine stuff earlier I think.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

alnilam posted:

Imo a tabletop RPG is basically a collaborative storytelling exercise, with rules and rolls as a form of creative constraint + a way to throw a wrench in your story and make you adapt

I'm a pretty casual player so forgive me if this is like a touchy subject in TG

this is a good take that simultaneously would get the aforementioned zak s loving pissed at you and shouting that you are an imbecile destroying the hobby

(it's not true for all RPGs, but it's a valid way to play with very good systems that work like that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

This sort of thing is a common tactic in spousal abuse cases, too. Put the abused partner in a position of having to interact with their abuser. Often they'll try to stretch the case out and force face-to-face encounters at trial or in mediation just to get access to their former target's life again.

This was what Zak did to Mandy in this case. The reason she had to fundraise again was that he dragged out mediation as long as he could just to go "nah, let's go to trial" and gently caress with her some more.