Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better announcer
This poll is closed.
Cody 3 3.49%
Kenny 4 4.65%
Chris 79 91.86%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jonny Nox posted:

also Shawn Spears is the best audience member.

The wrestler peanut gallery has made the matches so much more enjoyable compared to a solely empty arena like they did for a few of the Daily's ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

iospace posted:

The wrestler peanut gallery has made the matches so much more enjoyable compared to a solely empty arena like they did for a few of the Daily's ones.

The picture in a picture crowd and the dude with a "who farted" sign was the worst thing AEW has done.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really enjoy these shows with little storylines and just fun matches. The big brawls and storylines ruled but casual AEW is cool.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
These smaller shows act like a barometer for the health of indie wrestling, where those who wouldn't normally get shine on national tv do, so they're heartwarming to watch :3:

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I loved the wrestler crowd doing the boo/yay's during the women's match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

seeing what the fans pop for is pretty interesting, Ropey and his idiot dad are the "best" fans imo. They're very large and rowdy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought Hardy's comments about Proud & Powerful were very low-hanging fruit. "I'd eat them because I love Puerto Rican food! :haw:"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who doesn't love Puerto Rican food? I'd recommend heading on over to the WWE thread from now on if that is the case.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All I could think of after I heard that line is Kevin nash bragging about eating a little Korean and now I have to assume Matt was bragging about eating out his wife.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I really don't have a handle on what Matt Hardy is supposed to be as a character outside of his support of the Elite, both as people and as a vaguely defined ideological presence in wrestling. At least with the TNA Matt there was his resentment of his brother to act as a guidepost, but with this Demascus (not sure why it's spelled that way) thing it really comes off as a schtick rather than a character, and not a particularly funny schtick.

Vanguard 1 and Jericho though, they're a comedic duo for the ages.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Welp, Shawn Spears is buried.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kirios posted:

passing out from cody breaking your kneecaps is hardly a burial.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Neither is kicking out after getting hit with two consecutive Cross Rhodes

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kirios posted:

i'm expecting a lot jokes about him being unable to lift his shoulders on various aew-related social media

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kirios posted:

Shawn Spears has been so much fun in the audience for the empty arena shows and on Dark in general, I'm actually perfectly fine if they give him a ceiling of "King of Dark"

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

*sigh*

I am expecting an Inner Circle run-in and beatdown after Moxley beats the stupid out Hagar. Followed shortly thereafter by me finding something else to do on Wednesdays. If you're going to ape WWE, if you can't just have clean pinfall victories, if the Inner Circle is going to do this poo poo every time they lose, then gentlemen I am done. I started watching AEW because you did not do that kind of stupid poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

*sigh*

I am expecting an Inner Circle run-in and beatdown after Moxley beats the stupid out Hagar. Followed shortly thereafter by me finding something else to do on Wednesdays. If you're going to ape WWE, if you can't just have clean pinfall victories, if the Inner Circle is going to do this poo poo every time they lose, then gentlemen I am done. I started watching AEW because you did not do that kind of stupid poo poo.

can you also give me next weeks lotto numbers

e: like half the inner circle wasn't even available at the taping

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goodbye.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rndmnmbr posted:

*sigh*

When exactly has this happened because when Mox won it didn't happen and when Scorpio pinned Jericho it didn't happen.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

rndmnmbr posted:

*sigh*

You might as well throw the whole account away and start over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't say that stuff. say goodbye

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who doesn't love Puerto Rican food? I'd recommend heading on over to the WWE thread from now on if that is the case.

But...but what if I've never had Puerto Rican food? :ohdear:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

goodbye

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I just remembered that OC has backup sunglasses

I love AEW.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

When exactly has this happened because when Mox won it didn't happen and when Scorpio pinned Jericho it didn't happen.

You know, I had to stop and ask myself that question too after I posted and, huh, maybe I'm dumb. They did it to Mox and Darby, then they did it to Matt Jackson (which I acknowledge was just kayfabe giving him time off for a newborn), but haven't done it since. Maybe I'm just conflating what they did before Revolution with what they did after, and it really sticks out because I absolutely detest it for cheap heat.

e. the NWO always did that poo poo back in late WCW and that's where I learned to despise it.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 9, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Best Friends vs Kenny/Nakazawa was such a treat

AEW's agility with content is super impressive and i think its gonna pay off huge for them as they reignite pro wrestling as a phenomenon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well, maybe I was the one who was wrong.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Cavauro posted:

well, maybe I was the one who was wrong.

Maybe I was. I don't always reason poo poo out before I speak, sometimes I just shove my foot straight in my mouth.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i haven't been watching wrestling at all because no crowd is too much, has AEW been good? Matt Hardy seems kinda hit or miss for me so far

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hefty Leftist posted:

i haven't been watching wrestling at all because no crowd is too much, has AEW been good? Matt Hardy seems kinda hit or miss for me so far

they only had one really bad show where the emptiness was real detrimental, other than that they've crushed it with small crowds of wrestlers

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
they put on an intermediate-level comedy match on national television

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Coaaab posted:

they put on an intermediate-level comedy match on national television

and it owned

tony said got to say “hentai slide” on TNT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Everyone Was wrong.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Way late here, but that Baker/Shida match was fantastic. Not in the graded on a sliding scale way based on Britt's past work, but just straight up compelling.

Britt smiling like a lunatic with her busted up nose was something else. Whoever compared it to a crazed hockey enforcer was spot on.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts:

There is something wonderfully Twin Peaks about Jake Roberts right now.

Oh hey, that's Suge D in the audience, hi Suge!

Archer's intensity works even better in a small arena. There's a real "you're all trapped in here with me" vibe.

Baker has got so much better at character work. So much more interesting than Bland Secret Heel Britt.

Jericho shaking babies and kissing hands is great.

Britt's in ring is getting better too. Giving lots of opportunities for Shida to really shine. The fameasser into Gunn taunt was a great spot. "Tony, I know you're back there...". She also does one of my favourite heel moves in wrestling: the slow kick where she just rubs her boot against your face. Shida is great as always. Overall a great match,and that bloody ending was amazing.

Orange Cassidy hiding in Omega's trailer was superb.

I still don't care about Jake Hager, but this was a good package. His wife seems like a psychopath. Mox continues to look great. God, Revolution feels like a long time ago.

Chris Jericho just said "I'll pull out a fork and cut a bitch"

Baby oil chops are superb. Best Friends / Better Best Friends was loads of fun. Lots of delightful goofs.

Jericho on commentary is good because he can't and won't hide how much he is enjoying the show.

Brodie's Vince bit this week: shirts and ties. And the absolutely unacknowledged attractive female assistant.

I didn't need a second Hager package

I absolutely needed a Hardy package. JAKENSTEIN. DUMPSTER FIYA. THE ELITE DELETION.

Hottie Lee Johnson from Dark is back. Brodie is having so much fun. One of my other favourite Dynamite things: super athletic big guys.

Shawn Spears has been so much better since they stopped the loving dumb blackout entrance. Glad they kept Tully home.

Jericho complaining about Aubrey telling him what to do is great.

Spears / Cody sure was A Cody Rhodes Match. I like Cody, and he is very good at doing a territory babyface singles match, but it is kind of the same match each time. The figure four pin was GREAT though.

Sign Pineapple Pete, coward Tony.

This was a fun show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Deleted a hasty mean post. And I'll replace it with the observation that what works about these Dynamite tapings so far is that they're like seeing a big band do a secret gig. Everyone's relaxed and a little loose, everyone's having fun with how weird it is. They'll do the stadium show another night, but right now they've got some fun covers and rare b sides for you.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 9, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

smarxist posted:

they only had one really bad show where the emptiness was real detrimental, other than that they've crushed it with small crowds of wrestlers
I don't understand why WWE doesn't do their empty shows with a small crowd of their talent in the audience (outside of the obvious answer)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

*sigh*

Don't sign your posts

Goodbye

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rndmnmbr posted:

Maybe I was. I don't always reason poo poo out before I speak, sometimes I just shove my foot straight in my mouth.

well that's wrestling in general so imo :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

rndmnmbr posted:

*sigh*

later tater