Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah it means nothing now because of how instantly it was overused, and because people are using it to describe different phenomena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't know who needs to hear this, but that's it. That's the tweet.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"WEAR A MASK YOU SELFISH FUCKS"

I wear a mask when I go out and you should do the same. Just quit shouting at me about it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

karen

everyone's a karen now when before, nobody was a karen. is it because we did not yet have the perfect language to express in one word what kind of person the word represents? No, it's because it's a forced overused meme. It's reductionist, lazy language and using it sincerely is actually pure cringe.

"pure cringe" lmfao. begone of this forum

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

If you hate that, you will absolutely detest this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-pZj_cPBvw
Biggest bank in Denmark made an entire PR strategy based on "New Normal" in 2012.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The New Nermal

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Pretty tired of the Ghanaian pallbearers tbh

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
does calling everyone op count as one

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Cancel Culture

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

GalacticAcid posted:

Cancel Culture

oh, you mean “consequences”?:colbert::crossarms:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

whaley posted:

does calling everyone op count as one

I was tired of this the first time I saw it and it doesn't look to be going anywhere ever

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was tired of this the first time I saw it and it doesn't look to be going anywhere ever

I thought it was slightly funny when I first saw it 8 years ago

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
when this all goes away

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
calling stuff phrenology. it started out as a compact, evocative way to make fun of the right-wing tendency to imbue extra meaning into aesthetics. but it was so good lefties would reach for it even in places where it didn't apply until it became absurd/overdone. last week I saw someone say that talking about how skeletal shape affects athletic performance was "limb phrenology"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
hours

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"The [X] has logged on."

Die.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 112 days!
bump

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I agree, this catchphrase is awful.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 112 days!

Weka posted:

I agree, this catchphrase is awful.

turn on your monitor

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
cant wait to accidentally start using all the dumb phrases i read in here even though i hate them

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
ok i think this thread misses a lot of the overused political catchphrases

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
any thought stopping cliche

thought stopping cliche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat