Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kinda amazed that all the cast are returning. Was expecting at least Kate and Pete to bounce by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

I donít think anyone wanted home shows to be their last shows.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ask me about my dream Frasier episode where Frasier and Bulldog oil their heads and then rub them together. It's definitely not a fetish of mine, I swear!

They will never recover from that second Trump show and I will never forgive them

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

blunt posted:

Kinda amazed that all the cast are returning. Was expecting at least Kate and Pete to bounce by now.

McKinnon has been somewhat open about being ready to leave, but her movie career has relatively flatlined. With Davison, Lorne loving loves him and essentially sees him as a surrogate son, so he's got a job for life.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

One death is a tragedy, ten deaths is a statistic. Especially if it saves my job.

So Cecily is coming back too? That one sketch at the end of last year felt like a farewell. I guess with the uncertainly in entertainment in general, sticking with the steady paycheck is pretty appealing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Yeah it's the combo of acting jobs being limited and Lorne can be a dick but I don't think he's a fire people in the middle of a pandemic dick.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

Eddie just won his first Emmy for his hosting stint last December!

Tonightís Vintage: Janet Jackson, from April 10 2004. It may be joined in-progress, dependent on the ending time of the NHL game.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

chances of cold opening with mckinnon in RBG's gown playing hallelujah on piano

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I don't think anyone would have wanted their last episode to be a Couch Episode and Lorne may be a cold pragmatist, but he understands optics...

BoosterDuck posted:

chances of cold opening with mckinnon in RBG's gown playing hallelujah on piano

plz no

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I assume there will be a ton of "Twin Sisters" skits with Aidy and Lauren Holt this season.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

mcbexx posted:

I assume there will be a ton of "Twin Sisters" skits with Aidy and Lauren Holt this season.

Uhhhhh, wait. Why did they hire like, the exact same looking person?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Can't have enough white people.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

JazzFlight posted:

I have no idea why this image I grabbed from a site reporting about the three new ensemble members has Lauren Holt twice in it side by side, but I was too lazy to crop it and apparently it helps making my point.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

mcbexx posted:

I have no idea why this image I grabbed from a site reporting about the three new ensemble members has Lauren Holt twice in it side by side, but I was too lazy to crop it and apparently it helps making my point.
Yeah, like itís obvious that those are the same pic, but that seriously just looks like a picture of Aidy Bryant. I know SNL loads up on generic looking white dudes a lot, but this is some doppelgšnger poo poo.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

mcbexx posted:

JazzFlight posted:

[quote="mcbexx" post="508238756"]
[/

Glad to see my reaction was everyone's but Lorne's. Feeling so validated right now.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

ArtVandelay posted:

Is Jason Sudeikis really that busy? His Biden is so good.

Ted Lasso got a second season but I'm not sure when they will actually be able to film it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Still can't believe a rejected SNL character turned 5 min interstitial joke on NBC sports 6 years ago has turned into a, by all reports, decent TV show.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Still can't believe a rejected SNL character turned 5 min interstitial joke on NBC sports 6 years ago has turned into a, by all reports, decent TV show.

It's the first show in a long time that has a Parks and Rec vibe to it where a bunch of characters all have conflicts with each other but are also often kind to each other framed with some decent silly humour. I've seen plenty of acceptable criticisms of it but during a time when 99% of what you see in the media is horrifically bad news, I'm willing to forgive minor issues and go with something that has a positive outlook. If the show had actually started in 2015, maybe I would feel differently.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

InfiniteZero posted:

It's the first show in a long time that has a Parks and Rec vibe to it where a bunch of characters all have conflicts with each other but are also often kind to each other framed with some decent silly humour. I've seen plenty of acceptable criticisms of it but during a time when 99% of what you see in the media is horrifically bad news, I'm willing to forgive minor issues and go with something that has a positive outlook. If the show had actually started in 2015, maybe I would feel differently.

This is a good recommendation I will check it out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!

It's just so joyous, and the writers have proven themselves great at turning characters you don't like around when they want to. Diamond Dogs for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's just so joyous, and the writers have proven themselves great at turning characters you don't like around when they want to. Diamond Dogs for life.

This is how I feel about letterkenny