Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The video linked in this article is really worth watching, he worked with a video producer so you've got him narrating the actual clip from a security camera. gently caress the police, black lives matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

tarlibone posted:

I'd like to know what legal grounds the cops have for detaining someone who meets a very vague description.

I mean I feel like at least 50% of black men being held for no reason have heard "you fit the description" so I dunno what the exact legal justification is but obviously it's one of the most used tools in the cop's toolkit. Honestly it's ever so slightly harder in LA because there's enough black people that you have to be a little more specific (not that it stops them), in smaller towns "you fit the description" just means "we're gonna hold all the black people we can find". An example that recently resurfaced was a letter the police chief of Clive, IA (a suburb of Des Moines, so definitely not small town, out in the sticks Iowa) wrote in the late 80s encouraging citizens to report any black men you see in your neighborhood at night to the police.