Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love this gay disaster dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I must commend her for her farming enthusiasm. That's forward thinking planning! Developing an inherently useful skill, a generally very labour intensive one (for a noble, anyway) and really sticking with it! No complaints about it at all! What a go getter. I like that she isn't lazy or an entitled brat, like so many protagonists are.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I also got rapey vibes from that scene. I just rewatched it to confirm my kneejerk reaction, but I can see the other side of it as well. This was my thought process:

1. "I have no intention of breaking off our engagement" -> Catarina saying she's chill with him marrying someone else -> "It might be faster for me to come up with a fait accompli right now. You might be another year older, but you're still as defenseless as ever. With you like this, I could easily take you at any time." He then kisses her neck, this puts a bwuh?? face on Catarina. "I'll leave it at that for today, but someday, I'll help myself to all of you". Pretty creepy lines!

2. Keith rushes over and quickly wipes Catarina's neck. This snaps Catarina out of her bwah? face. Keith is suddenly very serious. Oh snap, does the Prince have some sort of creepy mind control magic or something?

3. Next, grey hair guy whose name I can never remember, comments on the neck. Oh dear. Is he aware of his brother's magical powers and perverse proclivities? Hmm!

4. This is the end of the episode, and also seems to be the end of Act 1, so this must be setting up something! Hrmm!!

Now, this was based on a lot of assumptions that are not true. I made a bunch of snap judgements in the span of ~15 seconds. As a woman you do have to have these thoughts, unfortunately. But!

1. He's clearly speaking very forward because he's trying to pierce through Catarina's dumbassery.
2. Keith wipes off the Prince's kiss because he's a jealous loser, not saving her from weird rape magic powder or something.
3. Keith's wipes just messed up her makeup, which is what Grey Hair is commenting on.
4. I could be wrong, but now that we're a few more episodes in this doesn't strike me as a "plot" show. It's a goofy slice of life comedy with a gimmick.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"Please, you can call me... your main babe."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

drat, that was a rude opening! Blindsiding me with tears in my goofy comedy show! Hmph!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hmm, I'm torn. I feel like Kaguya and President should be #1 because of how wonderful that relationship is, but I also like having a gay couple #1.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Eh, Master and Lord can get iffy. For example:

In one of my favorite games of all time, during the prologue we get this exchange between our MC and one of the Kingdom's nobles that's ranked way above him, and yet the redhead is nothing if not courteous towards our MC. So as long as it conveys the sufficient amount of respect it seems like fair game.

Did that get an official translation?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I believe in you, Mary! Make yourself number one!!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I kinda like that Geordo's thing is he wants to gently caress. It's very blunt, usually in anime sexual desire is a big no no and just vague "gosh gee whizz" will they won't they crap.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I understand not wanting to abandon a moneypot, but sometimes a story is as long as it is for a reason! There's beauty in a proper ending.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A very cute episode, as usual. I'm looking forward to the next one, the basic model bitches form a union I guess? Sounds juicy.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That guy did give me an off vibe...

Dark episode aside, I loved the opening. "She can't be mean, she's a loving idiot!"

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I am such a drat crybaby, this episode really got to me. My silly isekai anime made me cry. Rude!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gotta say, feel kind of bad for beard ghost. His family was held hostage! Now, instead of going through with the dark ritual, he could have used mind control on the lady herself, but like, whatever.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Evil Bakarina was a delight.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very joke light episode, focused on building plot. The butler did it! Classic.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Burst out laughing at that ending.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

What a cute episode! What an adorable, feel good show. Simply delightful.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Geordo's war against Catarina's chastity continues to be blocked by Keith and Alan, oddly enough. I'm a sucker for fireworks and ghosts episodes so this was a treat for me even if it was otherwise a filler-ish episode.

This show barely has a plot, I don't think anything counts as a filler episode. It's more antics with this cast! That's what I'm here for!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

I can't help noticing that all the girls in this series get serious glow-ups when they get timeskipped, but all four of the guys have worse character designs than they did when they were ten.

The old adage "girls rule boys drool" is eternal!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I thought Catarina might dream about her old life, and that might become A Thing, but no she obviously is too stupid to understand the prompt and just imagines her current existence. Good attitude.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Getting kidnapped is standard stuff for nobility.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like I say this every time, but what an adorable episode! Rescued Keith, got an adorable shadow demon puppy, wasn't murdered by a witch, everything is coming up Bakarina!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

KillHour posted:

Keith is a rapey motherfucker with bad ideas about consent.

Was just about to post this. wtf, dude

Baring that obnoxious moment, very charming finale! Cute next season hook, a new game where she doesn't have a "cheat sheet" so to speak. Unless she keeps having dreams of friend playing it, I guess.

Sankara fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 19, 2021