Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

acksplode posted:

SOR2 Max is sooo much fun

It’s a shame they left out one of his voice clips since he repeats the same one way too much.

Also they gotta patch the retro soundtrack because hearing the Mr X boss theme on the first boss is wack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Some random I was playing with on Mania friended me because he thought I was really good. Little did he know it was only because I was playing the busted SoR3 Blaze :smith:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Switch online is so dead I’m gonna have to double dip on Steam. Plus I’m hoping for mods :pray:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Breetai posted:

Oh, by all means keep the ability to heal the damage back by hitting people. Just make it so that using specials sparingly doesn't all of a sudden make a single errant Galsia jab remove a quarter of your health.

That’s Galsia’s only job, though. How could you do this to him?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Throwing knives do 36 damage instead of 35? They really don’t want this game to have ANY semblance of difficulty, do they?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I didn’t think the Streets of Rage 4 thread would be the place I finally found a bunch of people to commiserate over Windows sucking poo poo with Bluetooth controllers. I can’t use a DualShock 4 without a 10ft long usb cable and it’s terrible.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Apparently I’m in the top 1% of listeners of Yuzo Koshiro this year and I ain’t even mad

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

More SoR2 levels and enemies? You already know

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Frankston posted:

How active is this on Steam? I played the poo poo out of it on the Switch but the online community seemed to die after a month or so. Would consider buying it again on Steam if online is still happening.

It’s on sale now on steam so I bought it for the same reason. Switch owners have greatly disappointed me.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

This game should have an Overwhelmingly Positive on steam but too many beat em up experts are writing academic papers about the sanctity of the franchise :smith:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Panzeh posted:

I found Fight'n'Rage to be pretty fun overall but yes, this has generally been my experience.

Fight n Rage’s critical failure is that it’s extremely repetitive. There’s like 5 enemies and way too many waves of them. Otherwise it would be insanely good.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I tend to think I'm pretty good at SOR4 now that I can S-Rank most stages on Mania on my first try, but themightybill is on a whole other level. He was one half of the team that bodied Arcade Mania in 41 minutes earlier this year, now here he is completely destroying the game solo as Cherry in GDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdk_XOYV7Jg

Yeah that’s next level. I never knew you can special cancel like that, the Max fight was crazy.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Gat drat Spotlight Summersault slaps so hard. How did the soundtrack to this game get even better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXRNq3bhmDk

Lol this is the only song I don’t like because it sounds like one of those NBA pregame anthems, and I am a goon after all.

Also those training combos are way harder than they need to be because I think they messed up jump buffering.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Take the perk that gives your star move all your elementals as Roo and :getin:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Aces High posted:

Roo absolutely destroys with the power-up that takes away your jump, he's so goddamn fast already that (I found) you don't lose much by giving up the jump

You lose jump i-frames though which is tough.

Glass cannon is also worthless, it should be changed to only take additional damage from enemies, as the traps/vials just destroy you.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Any tips for using Blaze's alternate blitz?

EDIT: Also has anyone player SoR4 via Parsec? Is it better or worse than the built-in online multiplayer?
Because the built-in multiplayer is real loving bad, I've got only 30-35ms to my friend but every time we play the input lag is unbearable.

Parsec is miles better.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

How do you beat the fat guy that breathes fire legacy miniboss?

This is a question that hasn’t been answered for 30 years.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Daily Tee Lopes appreciation post

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qJGcryYmtLI

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Shine posted:

Every character is good. No need to do the goony mix-maxing in a game like this. If you're having fun with Shiva, then use Shiva. Let speedrunners worry about tier lists.

Yeah, I mean someone took SoR1 Adam to survival 42 so please no one actually care about “good” and “bad”

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

They’ve already tweeted they’re done with SOR4 :negative:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Finally broke into level 33 only because of busted Roo/Estel combo. It’s such an endurance test, just like 4p Mania Arcade where every enemy probably has 4x health to compensate.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Skate 3 might replace Roo with alt blitz and alt defensive. You can infinite in the corner with blitz which is much safer. Plus weapon use and better grabs.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

It looks like the fire potion, a fitting bullshit way to die

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

You don’t even need an elemental to infinite. The only thing that stops me from winning forever is my hand hurts from inputting blitz for an hour straight.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

JBP posted:

Shiva […] is absolutely hilarious.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Breetai posted:

What I'd really love to know is how to beat a crowd of 6 of those loving robot dudes with the toxic buster swords. Not being able to even make them flinch is a huge problem.

Star moves and blitz through them while they windup

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Breetai posted:

The weekly survival seed is insane this time around: you'll have all three elements in blitz and heavy by level 10.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

This. Olivier Deriviere went into this project with an impossible fuckin' task---matching the insane precedent that Yuzo Koshiro had set---and he rose to the occasion beautifully. Funky HQ, On Fire, and Rising Up are certified classics in this game.

An Expedition is great. I also slept on Chow Time for too long. The last beat drop is great because you can hear the rear end in a top hat Goros at that exact moment.

Let’s be honest though, what can ever match Crazy Train? :cool: