Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Only played a little so far but the game feels great, the only things that are missing are Practice Mode and/or a complete move list, because I noticed that a lot of characters have hidden moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

Also it took me a while to learn that standard attack doesn't pick up items, and that picking up items is a separate keybind. That was messing me up for a while there.

You can turn on Legacy Mode in the settings.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I seem to be able to parry/block attacks occasionally but I can't figure out how, anyone has an idea? It seems to be either forward or attack when the attack lands but I can't figure it out.

The game needs a training mode, badly.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish I was good at Cheat Engine.
I really want to set both player's health (and time? is there a timer?) to infinite in Battle mode, so I can practice my combos in peace.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

people online are really mad about the lack of dashing and/or dodge rolling

like, to a degree I can't even wrap my head around

Sounds familiar to me.

Maybe they'll fix it by popular demand in the next Streets of Rage game which will be called SoR: Streets of Rage and they'll add not one but TWO separate dodge buttons just so that people never have to learn to jump up to evade.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Steam has a free to use server infrastructure, GOG doesn't. Creating online for the GOG version would require them to host their own servers, at the very least the matchmaking server.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blaze's voice clips for when she's using her specials weird me out because it's not the same voice actor as the lines she says in the character selection screen. I'm assuming those are straight up voice clips from older games?

Her blitz attack specifically doesn't sound like it's being said by her.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

How does one cancel

Press buttan quick-like

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Transient People posted:

I'm jonesing so badly for a new Jet Set Radio you have no idea. Gimme that sweet grinding action and Hideki Naganuma music! At least somebody's working on a possibly neat spiritual successor, though, here. Hopefully it turns out good!

Extremely :same:
Although Hover was pretty good and Hideki Naganuma even wrote music for it.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Give me the stronk boss lady DLC and practice mode.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't know anything about Streets of Rage franchise because SoR4 is my first game in it but I noticed a distinct lack of SPDs and that should be fixed with a DLC IMO.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Funky HQ is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr9uSrzdlzw

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

had a great idea for a crossover Sega character DLC: Sketch Turner from Comix Zone.

YES, bonus points if Roadkill makes an appearance.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

lorechat: why are we fighting both the crooked cops AND the crooks? They clearly don't like each other. Should we not form an alliance with the crooks?

Are you seriously telling me that you want to beat up less people? :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't beat the Y Tower on Normal with anyone other than Floys, I feel like such a failure. :negative:

At least throwing dudes off the elevator feels good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

The new Battletoads looks...well, maybe it is better than it looks if you are actually playing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ncfTmQL8nI

That's Shaq Fu of beat 'em ups.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Asema posted:

if they make dlc and it's not adding Estel as a playable character I swear to god I will just sit in my chair and be really mad about it

:same:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They stopped being a problem for me once I found out that they can't hit me while I'm in the air so they all get jump kicked now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The game autosaves in multiplayer but only the host gets a save file so they should host again when you want to continue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SoR4 feels like a great evolution of the genre, I hope other developers pick up on it too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fight'N'Rage is good and it was definitely a step in the right direction but SoR4 does all the same things way better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The one extremely underrated indie brawler is Aztez. It's really good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SoR4 definitely raises a new bar in quality for beat'em'ups.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy loving poo poo. Playable Estel? Training mode? New moves?
That DLC has everything I wanted!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bloodly posted:

I'm just curious what the inputs will be for these moves, given SOR hasn't gone in for 'select your super' sort of thing.

Pretzel Motion.

It's probably just a Down Down motion.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:hmmyes:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Frankston posted:

How active is this on Steam? I played the poo poo out of it on the Switch but the online community seemed to die after a month or so. Would consider buying it again on Steam if online is still happening.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I thought River City Girls was extremely underwhelming. I got to the second boss and either that game has no combos or the moves required to do anything interesting unlock so loving slowly that I didn't get poo poo by then.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FightNRage did some great steps at bringing 2D beatemups into the modern age and then SoR4 packaged all of that really well into an instant classic. It's the kind of game the whole genre will be compared to from now on.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Same but training mode.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is that TMNT game gonna be same art style as SoR4 or is it gonna be pixelart? The trailer didn't really make that clear.
If it's pixelart then that's kinda lame.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The biggest question is left unanswered.

Do any of the new characters have a run/dash?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Training mode, colors for all the characters and new moves for all the characters too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bloody Palace with extra steps.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Did they like, double the number of moves every character has?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's time for some police brutality.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guillermus posted:

But this time in the correct direction, right?

I've been told "She's a cop but she's on the side of justice."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish the game wouldn't matchmake me with people that have 300ms ping to me, it's unplayable and forces me to kick them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

New Axel Blitz is hilarious especially with a fire buff.