Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

You can cheese Mona & Lisa in all their fights by paying attention to where they land after they perform their flying kick and then grabbing them and pounding on them.

They're a lot easier on Stage 5 than at the end of Stage 8, too.

SoR III is actually my favourite game in the series and the music was so ridiculously ahead of its time. It's not a popular opinion but it's one I'm sticking with at least until this comes out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

I loved SOR3 because playing as Shiva was badass. I wish there was a way to play as all the bosses. The Freddy Kreuger from SOR1 and Ultimate Warrior from SOR2 would be so cool.

I just love the names of the bosses in Streets of Rage.

The Ultimate Warrior ripoff is actually called Abadede, lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Panzeh posted:

I don't know if i care too much for fart techno but the remixes from remake make a lot of that music good.

Fart techno lol it's okay if you don't get it but whatever

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

The Music in this game feels more limited, I think it's because it's largely remixes of the first games music and there's less of it overall, but I guess they had to make more room for the bigger sprites.

Whaaaaaa? Sorry but I cannot agree in the slightest that SoR II's soundtrack is largely made up of remixes, that's just not true at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRDKoBfKDLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1ULTDTdiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xC8PnEUmwY

Tell me how any of these iconic tracks are in any way related to tracks from the first game?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Is it wrong opinions day today lol, SoR III's soundtrack is incredible. Yeah sometimes there's so much stuff going on at once it can be confusing to listen to and perhaps jarring in places but hell, how can you not like this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzoXQGO28BQ

(Maybe I just like it because I actually like Techno and Gabber music, either way I think it fits with the atmosphere of the game really well and Yuzo Koshiro was way ahead of his time composing these tracks.)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

I made it two levels in, so far it's complete gibberish, there's no theming, no moods, no hooks, it's just garbled farts, that's the impression I got from the first two levels, I mean, I'll push through if you like but it's really not appealing to me so far. I dunno I think they’re a big step down from the first two games tracks.

They're not as iconic as the first two, and there were definitely mixed opinions when the game first came out.

I wasn't on board either initially. But as my music tastes developed I was able to appreciate what Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima had done with the soundtrack.

Calling it "garbled farts" is missing the point entirely and it's pretty narrow minded, to be honest.

There's a lot of good game in the third installment, it's just a bit too hard. And not hard in a fun, challenging way. More hard in a "gently caress you game" kind of way.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Panzeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3u-kvm7u6k

That's my take on the SOR3 soundtrack as composed.

The gameplay is ehh, it has a more annoying set of enemies than 2 but it isn't that much harder, i just think the characters are not nearly as powerful as 2's, especially Axel and Max. It just has 9-healthbar bosses on mania because that's fun, apparently.

Oh aren't you hilarious.

Like I said, if you don't get it then fine I guess.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Transient People posted:

People hating on SoR3 and its soundtrack, smdh

If it's not to your taste that's one thing, but that soundtrack was groundbreaking, in ways that SoR2 wasn't and neither was SoR1. It's withstood the test of time very, very well because of it, and innovated a bunch of techniques (like the 'curated random' sound). Is it as mainstream as SoR2? No -- it didn't literally ape a massive pop hit, and its sound is much more aggressive on purpose. But what it does, it does to perfection. Super excited to finally get a fifth entry in the series! SoRR was basically as good as a fourth game, but it's been a long time since we saw a proper reinvention of the franchise. These next three days are gonna make for an absolutely eternal wait!

Someone else gets it! I thought I was going mad for a while there with my appreciation for III's soundtrack.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Been playing it

It's excellent

Playing with the retro sprites rules. And the soundtrack. MY GOD the soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bloodly posted:

1? Even Streets of Rage itself gave you 2 continues.

Streets of Rage was also a Coin-op back in the day :)