Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no ok... its time for me to get nervous for the first time today...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't buy into the "Pod would end the game immediately" theory at all btw, but Foo just doing a little sad face instead of blowing up about how stupid we are is a drat good sign imo

##vote Hal

not that it matters much at all, but pod definitely would have ended the game instantly if we lunched a townie here. its just like a normal game of mafia. (assuming no 3p for clarity of the analogy) once it becomes impossible for town to win, the game ends immediately.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

rn I care about being right about Pod and the drama nearly as much as I care about being right about the scums

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

rn I care about being right about Pod and the drama nearly as much as I care about being right about the scums

well, if i was scum that just won i'd 100% be gloating right now

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

Your AV always makes me think you are gloating.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Steak posted:

Is this you under the radar gloating?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we are all but sinners in the hands of an angry mod

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##force the hall issue

Let's end this like we began

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
God drat it

#forcethehalissue

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:ughh:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote hal

I give up I am the worst mafia player on the internet

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

##force the hall issue

Let's end this like we began

Moatillata posted:

God drat it

#forcethehalissue

:cheers: Neither of these are a valid action. The day continues. :cheers:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Omg don't

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm occupied for several more hours but jeez. I dont have any great read on the last scum but I haven't gone back to look over things because I'm having a much tougher day than I thought

If it's just going to be me then go ahead so I don't waste time later but I'm just as invested in this as you guys and this would be a lovely way to lose

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Don't worry I can't

you are still -2

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be really lovely to lose at this point, which is why im so nervous!!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

it would be really lovely to lose at this point, which is why im so nervous!!

I've been riding that adrenaline high for too long now, I need to come down. I feel like all of the talking and debating occurred already, we are either right or wrong at this point. And we pretty much agreed to execute Hal at this point. No turning back now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandicap posted:

I've been riding that adrenaline high for too long now, I need to come down. I feel like all of the talking and debating occurred already, we are either right or wrong at this point. And we pretty much agreed to execute Hal at this point. No turning back now.

yeah thats basically what i've come around on.

i thought it through and if someone else is scum, i'd be able to live with that, but if we swerve here and hal is scum, i wouldn't be able to handle the regret. plus there's really nothing else to be dredged up that hasnt been discussed at length already. I trust in y'all confirmed town's reads, and i feel like hal has gotten to say as much as he's going to say. so ##vote hal

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Grandicap posted:

Nah, but steak and murmur gloating now that we were sunk would be a thing.

:slick:

lol hopefully at this point people believe I'm town? I just woke up, I also kinda think it's Hal but want to re-read stuff.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, ##umvote for mmt to reread stuff

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##uNvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tho i still believe everything i just said, theres no reason to rush the day closed (other than our nerves)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, ##umvote for mmt to reread stuff

The fact that Hal was at -1 for awhile and no one quick-hammered is a good sign

What were Hal's action claims, can someone re-summarize that quick? I remember thinking it made 0 sense

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, I remember GK claiming an action and Bif declaring him a liar for it - was that ever resolved?

Sorry if this is known stuff but I feel like it's easier to just ask than to go combing through histories

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, I remember GK claiming an action and Bif declaring him a liar for it - was that ever resolved?

Sorry if this is known stuff but I feel like it's easier to just ask than to go combing through histories

GK claimed I had no visitors night 3, when Bif says she empowered me.
But this falls apart because I was blocked, and therefore not empowered.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So there is something there, but it might be a ICR bus situation, or a foo redirect. Or a Hal thing too I guess? Or whatever merk is?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh come on

There is also the fact I said I rodded GK that day and so he actually watched me

I know you might not believe it but that was also an explanation

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal, who'd you target on the last day and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

FWIW I think I've hit the point where I think it's Hal and would be ready to vote.

Mainly I'm just trying to be careful because I've eaten a bunch of humble pie this game in re: feeling sure about something and getting proven wrong

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Hal, who'd you target on the last day and why?

I already said this but I targeted merk and steak.

I couldn't do the same people two nights in a row so I did merk since he was confirmed scum and steak because if I rodded him I could see of he really was trying to mason or if he was actually blocking, etc. He was the only one where I would be able to actually check their claim

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Your AV always makes me think you are gloating.

Surely my AV reinforces that I'm town though? :ohdearsass:

yes i am trolling bif lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

The fact that Hal was at -1 for awhile and no one quick-hammered is a good sign

What were Hal's action claims, can someone re-summarize that quick? I remember thinking it made 0 sense

Also N2 I did merk and ICR
N3 was foo and GK

I think those were pretty sensible choices

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I already said this but I targeted merk and steak.

I couldn't do the same people two nights in a row so I did merk since he was confirmed scum and steak because if I rodded him I could see of he really was trying to mason or if he was actually blocking, etc. He was the only one where I would be able to actually check their claim

If I'm being honest, I don't understand what a "double lightning rod" is. Like to my understanding a lightning rod makes all abilities target that player, no?

Like let's say you double LR Merk and Steak and it works, and then I use my snoop ability on Bif. What would happen to my ability?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

GK claimed I had no visitors night 3, when Bif says she empowered me.
But this falls apart because I was blocked, and therefore not empowered.

Not for nothing but you being blocked wouldn't stop GK from seeing bif try to empower you

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also N2 I did merk and ICR
N3 was foo and GK

I think those were pretty sensible choices

What was the strategy behind said sensible choices? Like what were you going for?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

If I'm being honest, I don't understand what a "double lightning rod" is. Like to my understanding a lightning rod makes all abilities target that player, no?

Like let's say you double LR Merk and Steak and it works, and then I use my snoop ability on Bif. What would happen to my ability?

Normal lightning rod makes every action in the game go to the rod, mine was just pick two people

I stated repeatedly early on that my role seemed to have very little utility for a reason, it's hard to make it useful without any claims

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Normal lightning rod makes every action in the game go to the rod, mine was just pick two people

I stated repeatedly early on that my role seemed to have very little utility for a reason, it's hard to make it useful without any claims

So in my example, I would snoop Merk and Steak? Or one of them chosen at random?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not for nothing but you being blocked wouldn't stop GK from seeing bif try to empower you

It wouldn't stop GK from seeing me, but Bif empowering me should have made it so I couldn't be blocked. So, since I was blocked, Bif didn't empower me, so GK's watch was right maybe?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

What was the strategy behind said sensible choices? Like what were you going for?

Umm well N2 we had just flipped 3 town during the day and merk and ICR seemed scummiest at the end of that so they seemed like the right people to stop from doing whatever and N3 foo was just in a group of 3 scum, I couldn't do merk or ICR and I thought steak was the most likely town of the lot at that point. GK was an unknown to me and I figured if we were claiming the next day I could maybe catch him in a lie.

Which is funny because I ended up at least temporarily clearing up when bif thought he was lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

So in my example, I would snoop Merk and Steak? Or one of them chosen at random?

No it's the opposite, I would have whatever actions merk and steak did happen to me instead of their target