Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

George Kansas posted:

I was genuinely surprised y'all didn't go for me on the last day! Or any day before that. I was trying my best to stay engaged and hunt scum but just kept worrying it would come down to me

Your play seemed very careful. That's part of the reason I voted you last day. Really good game pod thanks for making it because I told you to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My only gripe with the setup is I don't agree with the principle of "punishing" town for lunching towns, when it could be part of a legit elimination strategy fully built on making good reads.

But I think it worked out ok in this instance since we did succeed that day, and did gain a lot of knowledge like we wanted, so the shortened timeframe did work out to keep things still super tense all the way through.

This was a really cool idea and I'd love to see a similar concept run again! I wonder how different things would be when everyone knows the gimmick from the start. It might have a real different D1 vibe and be harder to get a base of traditional scum hunting to kickstart things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

My only gripe with the setup is I don't agree with the principle of "punishing" town for lunching towns, when it could be part of a legit elimination strategy fully built on making good reads.

But I think it worked out ok in this instance since we did succeed that day, and did gain a lot of knowledge like we wanted, so the shortened timeframe did work out to keep things still super tense all the way through.

This was a really cool idea and I'd love to see a similar concept run again! I wonder how different things would be when everyone knows the gimmick from the start. It might have a real different D1 vibe and be harder to get a base of traditional scum hunting to kickstart things.

I think that part made a ton of sense from a flavor perspective. I started to really love the concept of the angry shine ghost pulling out his hair and calling town idiots with every additional town cuddled.

Although it was obviously a great strategy, it also wasn't mafia, right? Trying to cuddle the town? So it made sense from a game perspective to me too.

---

It's interesting, I haven't looked at the setup yet, but I think that means if town did well at mafia, aka, cuddling scum D1 for example, or getting a couple on D2, that means scum doesn't get powered up. FWIW, until we got powered up, morale was super low. It was like, how do we even do this? I tried to cheer lead through it as best I could. :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I don't think I'd have a gripe if it removed the punishment but worked out to the same smaller amount of days in total. If you go into the game knowing you're getting sort of railroaded into only one strategy that bugs me a bit.

Of course, in this game we were right on scum's rear end (except for KB) from early on too, haha. Imagine how easily it could seem lopsided the other way if town actually needed more time to properly figure that much out?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

George Kansas posted:

how many spectators thought it was me (assuming spectators didn't know alignment, idk if they knew)

I definitely did, but was very unsure between you and Hal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My only gripe is that by not knowing how the game worked I was basically compromised after d1.

I did not legit meltdown. When we had a town investigation on ICR, I thought fake melting down might be the last useful thing I could do.

My only good contributions this game were to tie myself strongly to Hal and tell KB not to hammer me so he stayed non-compromised. Besides that, I didn’t have anything to do that could help after d1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, one more thing - if anyone here is interested in another mafia game, DBD's Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a couple of spots left and should be a great time!