Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Oh man. I wanted to love this game but found it so awful to play. Looking forward to following it via the LP as well as the rest of the project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Strategic Sage posted:

Why was that out of curiosity?

I'm not quite sure? Part of it was that the camera was not cooperating with the more mountainous terrain of the default game setting resulting in it veering off to random parts of the map, but that was a minor issue.

I think the main problem was that no matter how high I cranked the speed up, everything felt like it was moving slow as molasses. Both in term of physical movement speed and progress. It all seems much better paced when watching someone else play it, but actually playing it felt interminably boring just sitting around waiting for my group to actually do anything especially when it came to hitting new milestones.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Glad to see Inception survived the winter, know it can be pretty brutal especially this early on.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Beefeater1980 posted:

Egypt: Old Kingdom is a lot of fun and would cover the next phase pretty well. TW: Troy picks up around where that drops off.

Old World is great but is too much of a 4X and not enough of an historical simulation to fit the theme IMO.

Seconding the recs for Egypt: Old Kingdom. Maybe Predynastic Egypt as a lead in, but honestly it covers a lot of Dawn of Man's territory, so skippable. Both are pretty short though.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Congratulations on getting through DoM! Looking forward to seeing the next set of projects, since I love them both but never managed to get through them both completely (always got distracted for Emperor after the first two campaigns and the Egypt series suffers a little of "single playthrough's worth of content, then it's all about hyperefficiency.").

Might be inspired to try to join you for a parallel playthrough on Emperor, but we'll see how life goes.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 1, 2020