Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I'd like to go back 150 to 200 million years and just check poo poo out. Maybe take some pictures. It'd be so different it may as well be an alien planet and also dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Go back to ancient Greece and Sparta kick more assholes into that pit

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The Zombie Guy posted:

Don't be a coward, go back 5 seconds and have sex with yourself.

With that much time I could do twice

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not only can you gently caress yourself but you can also easily convince yourself to take the still unused past time machine and go back in time together to recruit (and gently caress) more yous until there's an infinite orgy

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Probably 1995 Glastonbury and just party out. Everyone around me will be so wasted there's no chance I'll butterfly effect anything. Plus if I end up stuck there I'm not going to die from dysentery like you chumps going back to the 16th century.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Travel into the future where literally all of existence has burned away into nothing and there is only an endless void then I fart into it llooool
Existence crapped by the Last Big Bang?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
If you go back in time 6 hours and a few seconds, could you get stuck in a time loop? That would be pretty neat

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I'd go back with a carefully prepared list of all the stuff I view as having gone wrong with my life and hand them off to 10-year-old me, then I'd scoot a few more years back and head to LA to try to get lucky with a lady I had a crush on as a teenager.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

poverty goat posted:

I'd deliver all of the trump scandal books to the continental congress and tell them they have to do better

It says right in the rules you can’t bring more than what can fit on your person.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’d find my great grandpa and hand him a few bricks of gold, a list of companies to invest in and when to buy and sell, and explicit instructions on where and when to find and kill young hitler, Stalin, and a bunch of other assholes. He better hire some assassins and get cracking. Don’t gently caress this up, gramps.

I’d also have him buy the big island of Hawaii.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna pull a Deadpool and travel back in time to kill Hitler when he's a wee little baby.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
gonna buck the trend here and bit and go back and kill Hitler as an adult.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

id go to bisbee arizona on the morning march 1 of this year and tell myself to wait until i got to tucson to smoke that bowl

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
go back to 1995 and make my fortune from mouse mats

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Management posted:

I’d also have him buy the big island of Hawaii.

you come back to a timeline where great grandpa got done like captain cook and hawaiians took your gold and investment listing and conquered the world

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vietnamwees posted:

I wanna pull a Deadpool and travel back in time to kill Hitler when he's a wee little baby.

Too effin late, I abducted him as a baby to raise as a single dad in order to demonstrate the supremacy of nurture over nature. If he ever started expressing an interest in politics I’d just offer to pay for art school for him.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I'd bring my current PC back to myself just before Bitcoin became a thing. Pretty sure a PC ten years ahead of anything else on the market could mine a bunch of those things early on. Then I'd just instruct myself to never invest, only sell to rubes years later. I guess I'd warn myself about a bunch of other things in the process.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
take gold from present day and use it buy a poo poo load of land during the Manifest Destiny era and buy up plots presently being mined and then, iunno, destroy hitler i guess??? oil too cause gently caress carnegie

maybe save some works of art too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'd bring my current PC back to myself just before Bitcoin became a thing. Pretty sure a PC ten years ahead of anything else on the market could mine a bunch of those things early on. Then I'd just instruct myself to never invest, only sell to rubes years later. I guess I'd warn myself about a bunch of other things in the process.

you return to the future where dominos papa john bought into the scheme and your 500btc is now worth $1 each, and is only redeemable for dominos pizzas papa johns

also i change my wish i don't change anything or bring anything back i just surreptitiously get, read, and dispose of shakespeare's lost plays as happened in history. i really have no interest in them other than what they contained

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 14, 2020

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

OMFG FURRY posted:

take gold from present day and use it buy a poo poo load of land during the Manifest Destiny era and buy up plots presently being mined and then, iunno, destroy hitler i guess??? oil too cause gently caress carnegie

better yet just go back to mesoamerica during la conquista with a gun, shoot some genocidal spaniards and return home with as much gold as you can carry

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Bring an AR15 to the founding fathers and let them weigh in

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Go on a date with Microwave’s mom

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

OMFG FURRY posted:

This is an idea, but wouldn't it be kind of difficult to broker these real estate deals in six hours? You don't have any contacts, you look weird as hell and you don't smell like poo poo, seems very difficult.

What would be the fastest, easiest way to make a ton of money? Lotto via your past self?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Zombie Guy posted:

The one thing I would try and pull off with my 6 hour window, would be to attempt to stop World War I. It might be as simple as stopping Gavrilo Princip from killing Franz Ferdinand, but I'd only get one shot, so I'd have to do a lot more research on the matter before I made an attempt. If you can stop WWI, maybe that stops WWII. Without WWII, maybe the Cold War doesn't happen. It would be very interesting to see how the world would be right now if all those wars didn't go down. At least I could hopefully stop millions of people from getting shot / gassed / starved / etc during all those conflicts.

So, what do you do?

Sorry OP, WW1 was gonna happen regardless of Gavrilo, France was really fuckin upset about the Franco-Prussian war and Britain had a lot of concerns about Germany on the world stage and felt she needed containment. Also the unanswered questions about Poland and the Balkans wrt Austria, Russia and Turkey, etc., there's a reason they called Europe the powder keg.

Either go back to 1871 and kill Bismarck or go to 1918 and get the entente to embrace their European brothers and not gently caress Germany so hard (lol good luck) to prevent WW2.

Anyway I'd do the lame thing and just make myself comfortably rich. I wouldnt want to risk not having my kids and I don't wanna be obscenely powerful or anything. Basically I'd use time travel to win the lottery or something dumb

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
go on the apprentice and call trump a big sally in his boardroom and then i become president instead

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hey guys i had my most authentic and powerful time travel experience last night

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

hey guys i had my most authentic and powerful time travel experience last night

When did you go and what did you do

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Prevent the assassination of archduke Franz Ferninand in 1977.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I'd go back and put in the winning lottery ticket numbers.

Id also go back and stop myself from dating certain people.

Probably pick up a 1970 Friederich and give my grandfather a big hug.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

When did you go and what did you do

'86

i was experiencing time itself

i was trying to reawaken myself but was unable to

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I'm traveling forward in time right now :smug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

Prevent the assassination of archduke Franz Ferninand in 1977.

lol

Good meta-thread call out.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I'm traveling forward in time right now :smug:

No one is traveling anywhere through time. Your brain just creates an illusion of causality. You don't go anywhere.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nurge posted:

No one is traveling anywhere through time. Your brain just creates an illusion of causality. You don't go anywhere.

This thread is going places tho

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Heart Collapse fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 16, 2020

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

I'd go back and murder the person that made this

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

oh look, a guy named uguu whose avatar is an underage anime girl crying is imagining someone traveling back in time to gently caress a 13 year old. How unexpected.

drat lol

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

gonna buck the trend here and bit and go back and kill Hitler as an adult.

pretty sure lowtax said to permaban people for threatening political leaders. mods?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Remember that time when you were invited inside for coffee, but turned it down because you thought it was too late for caffeine?

I'd go back to 20mins after that and punch myself in the balls for my stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How many baby Hitlers do you think you could beat up in hand to hand combat before they overwhelm you?