Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sign me up to replace after whoever you get for a 13th person just decides to quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Make sure you list me as a replacement with a cool cat-based name tia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys I have to read all these posts!

I will get caught up soon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

I'm waiting for Hal to tell me whether ETR was Scum, obviously.

Oh sorry, no, ETR was not scum, you may carry on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

hey hal are you going to get really high today

lol yeah 420 stay high play mafia live life

I mean that would be my answer any day of the year

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am still catching up, halfway there and not much is happening I hope it picks up

The scum claim thing is funny I am reminded of grandi's old ~*~Power Role~*~ gambit he did for a while except even more ridiculous. Town feels so far for that although the "I am invincible" thing would be funny to do if he were scum. I don't think grandi is fun that way though. (no offense you are fun other ways)

Tommu's vote on sandwolf with the joke logic kind of bothered me

I have no idea why YPM is being voted yet they have barely spoken

I see from this page we are all sure b- is town, but the vote on Jed is bad. Probably just bee not paying attention.

I have to do some stuff but I will continue later

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Carole's Husband is Incatdenza

Also I missed this when it first happened, bravo Opop that is hilarious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have finished reading and I can now say the following:

Jed is a cool guy

This game was a very interesting and cool vibe and I am getting some delicious beers for tomorrow's deadline

AA needs to unban his account

Scum is xopods I think? He is definitely waaaaaay more passive and reserved than I've seen since he's been back.

Toal/grandi seem town

Everyone else seems chill ATM and I don't really see how YPM is scummy right now

##vote xopods

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Tommu

Yeah this might be my second choice

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm kind of tired and mafia'd out so I probably won't have much more to say today but I'm pretty free tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

If I unban my AA account, what lesson will I have learned from failing toxxes? Maybe after a while. Besides I've got extra lives.

I dont' get the xopod vote. People were on ETR, but you replaced ETR and people moved away.

I however let fate decide my vote and have no problem voting you out given the circumstances of replacement and fate selection.

Orokos has bizarre powers.

Hmmm maybe tomorrow I can interpret this post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

First of all, there hasn't been anything in this game for me to latch on to yet.

Secondly, a lot of my attention was devoted somewhere else. If you think really hard you can probably figure out where.

Well at least you got your snark back! That’s fine, I look forward to you becoming the xopods I can agree with again.

I will grant you there isn’t a lot to work with but that generally hasn’t stopped you before.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

this is maybe a weird place to say this but I’ve read some of yours and AA’s and the couple other mafia goons who’s named I’ve recognized short stories on here recently and honestly you guys are impressive as hell writers, nothing but respect

Agreed 100% and I’ve told NLKAA that before. Nice to see lost mafia players like Uranium Phoenix in there too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

lol.

I used a dice roller to decide to vote you.

Also I keep making toxxes and narrowly failing them. Heads don't roll enough in thunderdome. I'm letting myself be punished and Naga Liu Kang is a metaphysical piece of perfection. An artifact of an underground bedroom legend that probably got a high paying job and had to delete their sordid wannabe 90s WCW WWE nickelodeon infused raps. I like the account, but it's no AA.

I still don't get the xopod vote or why people think xopod is being weird.

Orokos still has magic powers.

Xopod vote is because he feels like he’s reacting to content more than making it. He’s playing mafia like I do and I don’t like it. Probably at least as valid a reason to vote as a random dice roll imo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I'll be here all day presumably, I'd vote jumpking hurr

Wait why, just for xopods reasons?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will be around, I don't know that xopods making one real effort post today has swayed me away from him but I am fresher today than yesterday so I will look at things once more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

this post

Well they are the only two people that anyone has put any real effort into casing so far (if you can call it that). But you are right, there are 9 hours so there is still time for someone else to come up and then after that for us to all change again in the last 30 minutes and JK could have tried to case someone instead of making this some binary thing. Hmmmm, chill time is over I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

what do you know about xopods and ypm?

alphabetically they are last in most games that zzyzx or yuming are not playing in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Cool, it's been a while since I have been confirmed town.

Sorry was just reading back on what happened with YPM and this is hilarious to read back on now (grandi knows why)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

##vote ypm

Hey now you haven't really even mentioned ypm have you? That last post really scummy for you?

Having read back I still am not clear what started the YPM thing. Grandi accuses them of not really engaging with the toal-grandi whatever where toal is acting like they are confirmed which I guess sorta but not much to really go with there. I guess YPM could have committed harder to saying if it was scummy

YPM gets kind of hung up defending themselves instead of casing for a while but the defense seems solid, then finally the xopods vote but still not a lot of casing. Which, yeah, they should be doing more but so should everyone else in the game lets be real. I feel neutral on ypm, but at least he'd be informational. I think xopods still looks scummier. Sandwolf has moved his vote around a lot lately too, that's sort of pinging me.

NLK is playing their reckless townie game (at least AA's town game), everyone else is still chill

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hal what is this post there’s approximately a billion hedge terms

well now that is a blatant misrepresentation. I did said "I guess" three times though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

No I forgot caps.

Your Personal Muse SCUM

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I did not get that either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We need a gardner for all this hedge

Well that's just how I talk man

At least I can spell gardener

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was referring to the senator

As a Coloradan I will admit that reference does work

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

we'd have to wait until the heat death of the universe for binus' reads

Funny because it's true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

B- do not pick on Jed!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MisterJed posted:

What does everyone think of the case on Jump King

Your case? It ok, but why do you think JK couldn't vote xopods? I don't think someone like JK would panic vote YPM there. It looks more like JK really thought YPM was the scummier one.

I'd look at JK more tomorrow maybe but not really feeling it now. Keep making cases though!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MisterJed posted:

I meant the broader case, mine plus xopods.

JK would be reluctant to vote for xopods because it would look like retaliation, plus a YPM vote would more effectively take pressure off him.

Yeah same general idea. I didn't like when JK said it but their reaction after seemed fine. I think they fit in with YPM "at least it's informative"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

I'm really trying to convince myself to vote xopods so the day will end, but I'm just having trouble doing it. Why would a scum xopods do what he's done so far basically?

As in the not claiming part? Or more the not really efforting part?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I don't think anyone needs to think up claiming doc or cop just to try and draw a CC.

I think xopods is pretty confident though and I could see scum xopods believing he could avoid having to claim

But now I'm wavering because I'm not sure that makes sense either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

scum has a hard time lying, idk

i feel like ur both going like "xopods isnt playing like perfect scum so he cant be scum"

honestly, xopods has been giving me uncomfortable scum vibes. sure, i havent played with xopods much so maybe thats not meta of him, but i get the vibes where he doesnt rly know what to do and is just trying his best to post the easiest things he can to make it look like he's involved in hopes it makes him look somewhat decently

Yeah that's how I felt when I replaced in and most of today, I'm just letting JK get to my natural reservation about every lunch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is all this jump king voting just left over from that "false dichotomy" thing yesterday?

I am probably more interested in ##vote Sandwolf right now, he's been ~too chill~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

I've got no Intel, but it's beyond day 1. flerp is probably scum this game, I feel more strongly than the cases against JK

Hmmmm this is very persuasive, tell me more

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

NAGA LIU KANG posted:

How do you feel about flerp

I remember he very nicely greeted me when I got to the thread and I never acknowledged it and I feel bad. Otherwise I guess I can go back and look at him because I have no other opinion at this time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AA how did you lose another thunderdome already, smh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

i am scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

The only people I feel townie about are Grandi and Hal

Hey that's my list too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

He admits it folks. I've been saying it all day, and he comes out and just claims it. My pressure campaign worked.

This is why I feel good about grandi, he is feeling the pulse of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

Btw I still like flerp, I recall last time I played a game flerp was in it and I liked him the whole time and he turned out to be scum so I’m trying to stay suspicious of him but I really just can’t read his posts with getting a town vibe.

Agreed, I look back over flerp and I am getting a flerp-vibe. I don't think scum really get into coming in and drunk posting random poo poo either. Nothing pinging me as scummy at least.