Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I haven't gotten much done today other than put my trays of seedlings out into some sun but I harvested my first crop of windowsill pea shoots and wanted to post in the veg thread cause they tasted really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Oh hey have a copy pasted bit from my update to this thread I keep posting on about doing farm and woodland stuff

Back at home I cropped a peashoot and lettuce salad- the two peashoot boxes to the left are from pea seed that expired in 2015 and are taking longer to sprout properly, the ones to the right are from the bachelor's brand ones and despite having to cut away vines/creeper bits the leaves were lush and tasty

The outdoor salad is looking good- I added another row of lettuce seeds to each, and I'm going to do a row of peashoots too I think

The flowerbomb project is also seeing results and I think I need to learn to use less seeds because goddamn

The bean machines are getting warmed up

These are the outdoor germination experiment results so far- peas are through nicely and will be ready for a pea machine soon, and the backup beans can go somewhere I guess ukmt crew know where beans go

The pumpkins still desperately need replanting but lol I have to go buy soil, the honesty are doing great and also need repotting and somewhere in the middle keen eyes will spot a lone chilli seeding poking through

Got at least 3 strong seedlings each of the new varieties and at least 6 of my house standard, so when I get some more soil I'm about ready for tomato factory.

The remnant beans are looking a bit sad, but their companion marigolds are going well, and a few tomato twins have been transplanted into empty cells

Here's all the potted plants from the big purchase earlier in the year- doing grand despite the overgrown patio

Come a long way in a month or two from looking like the above

The black lace elderberry has gorgeous leaves, and the berberis flowers are very popular with the bees.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Neglected my snail patrols a few days and two of my beany boys got hit. Bringing up replacements to be ready, war is hell.

Going to try laying some cut bramble stems around the bases

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

With everything I have grown so far, if the new growth is healthy it's fine for now

Crossposting from my thread- the tomatoes looked like this

And even after some work they don't look all that much neater but it will do the trick. Tied them to the frames too. All 20 still alive, and in one patch there are a few strays coming through from last year's crop

Beans and peas doing great

As are both trays of the chilli peppers and peppers

The lavender seeds got forgotten about and ran very dry but most recovered well

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I planted my tomatoes too close together and waited too long to start my windowsill peppers and chillies

And all the other stuff that died or got eaten by stuff that could have maybe gone better too

net work error posted:

Anyone doing their own composting itt?

When stuff dies and falls over and rots that's the same right?