Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Post your ideas you’ve been thinking about doing or that You or others can take and run with. I get a good number of pms asking “would this be ok?”. I’d rather not be the arbitrator on that. :) so post some ideas you’ve thought of but are either too busy, scared, or lack enough knowledge/humor you think is required (none of those are usually true btw).

Spot for rules
* don’t be a dick unless you’re being funny in the replies
* threads should follow gbs rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I wanted to start a thread with literally a person where the concept was that we lost our mind and were asking for advice from others about how to cure our broke brains. I was gonna come up with funny things we did to lose our minds and hope that posts would be funny. But ive been too busy to come up with the whole idea.

Frankly im concerned that no one is more interested in dream pooping!

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
A Meta thread idea thread thread

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’d like to see a GBS fiction free-writing thread. Post stories, post writing prompts, write stories based on writing prompts, even draw illustrations for other peoples stories if you like. Hell, write fan fiction of other peoples stuff if you want. Any genre, hopefully with a natural focus on satire, parody, and general comedy. No expectations of quality or even correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation. Maybe even any format, who says your story has to be a traditional short story and not a dungeons and dragons monster manual entry, or a particularly eccentric retelling of a baseball game? I think goons in general are pretty funny and creative people, GBS in particular.

I do not want to be the OP for this hypothetical thread though, as I dont have any ideas off the top of my head right now. I would likely want to participate within a week or two of it being posted, assuming there were a good writing prompt or two posted. I know this isn’t the creative convention, but I find I tend to regret it when I post outside of GBS. I guess to keep it in line with GBS rules there should be no sexually or racially abusive language used unless it’s artistically appropriate, and no disgusting illustrations without appropriate tags.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I think I caused this so...

Was thinking of making a thread about modern day alchemists. I think alchemy is really neat the old hermetic books and drawings Newton was more alchemist than mathematician. So I joined a Facebook group about alchemy thinking it was about history.

No.

These people are doing experiments with urine and trying to cure corona and making spagyrics.

So I thought I might screenshot the more bizarre and also the obvious grifters and hucksters and document them if there was interest.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

gbs seems to be quarantine horny so someone should make an ms paint thread where we post our (ms paint) nudes. i guess every post would be nws and also it would be gross because the human body is disgusting and shameful

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I had an idea for thread detailing and discussing how Slimer from Ghostbusters started out haunting, feasting, and helping to trash a bougie hotel, then ended up driving a bus to make ends meet, and then ended up being a sales mascot with all the Real Ghostbusters cartoons and Ecto Cooler and poo poo as an example of how capitalism eventually beats down everybody, including ghosts.

I kept putting it off and now as I sit here watching thousands die needlessly as a result of profit driven healthcare and general capitalist corruption and inefficiency the idea isn't fun anymore.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I was going to start a thread with a poll about split-stream pissing in the morning and the way to deal with it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ratjaculation posted:

I was going to start a thread with a poll about split-stream pissing in the morning and the way to deal with it

Would read

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

A Meta thread idea thread thread

ok i get what meta is now

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’d like to see a GBS fiction free-writing thread. Post stories, post writing prompts, write stories based on writing prompts, even draw illustrations for other peoples stories if you like. Hell, write fan fiction of other peoples stuff if you want. Any genre, hopefully with a natural focus on satire, parody, and general comedy. No expectations of quality or even correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation. Maybe even any format, who says your story has to be a traditional short story and not a dungeons and dragons monster manual entry, or a particularly eccentric retelling of a baseball game? I think goons in general are pretty funny and creative people, GBS in particular.

I do not want to be the OP for this hypothetical thread though, as I dont have any ideas off the top of my head right now. I would likely want to participate within a week or two of it being posted, assuming there were a good writing prompt or two posted. I know this isn’t the creative convention, but I find I tend to regret it when I post outside of GBS. I guess to keep it in line with GBS rules there should be no sexually or racially abusive language used unless it’s artistically appropriate, and no disgusting illustrations without appropriate tags.

that is a great idea! i might do this if you dont want to

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pseudanonymous posted:

I think I caused this so...

Was thinking of making a thread about modern day alchemists. I think alchemy is really neat the old hermetic books and drawings Newton was more alchemist than mathematician. So I joined a Facebook group about alchemy thinking it was about history.

No.

These people are doing experiments with urine and trying to cure corona and making spagyrics.

So I thought I might screenshot the more bizarre and also the obvious grifters and hucksters and document them if there was interest.

i would like this. i would likely not participate if it was in the format of an ITT thread though, op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

My Shoes posted:

that is a great idea! i might do this if you dont want to

Go ahead. L'chaim!

nokternl
Jul 24, 2004
WTF?
Happy Velveteen Easter bunny day

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't have a thread idea, just a title: Crack for Kids.

I don't know what to do with it, but it's been on my mind all day.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

- MS Paint ways you've poo poo your pants as a defense mechanism or a way to attract a mate

- GBS CALLS: ITT we track down professional MLB players who'd normally be playing and give them a shout and post their responses, just to catch up with them. (Photos a plus no stalking!).

- WHAT AM I PAINTING, GBS? - A thread wherein the OP get's a paint by number book and describes the act of painting by number vaguely and every one needs to guess what the subject of the painting is based on color, number being painted, and day of the week, etc.

- Post your feet (56k Toes!) - nothing weird, no one has to do this I just think it'd be hillarious and awesome if everyone got some really nice, classy shots of their feet and posted them. Like Glamor Shots, but with your feet, or maybe we could all guess just what those feet are up to while we look at them! It'd be fun! I mean who knows WHERE those feet have been and what they're up to? It doesn't need to be weird and sexual or anything even like that, I mean the feet could be on a bike, or in some really tightly strapped leather sandals with some dripping candles near them, it's really up to the poster and what they're doing, right?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Big Beef City posted:

- Post your feet (56k Toes!) - nothing weird, no one has to do this I just think it'd be hillarious and awesome if everyone got some really nice, classy shots of their feet and posted them. Like Glamor Shots, but with your feet, or maybe we could all guess just what those feet are up to while we look at them! It'd be fun! I mean who knows WHERE those feet have been and what they're up to? It doesn't need to be weird and sexual or anything even like that, I mean the feet could be on a bike, or in some really tightly strapped leather sandals with some dripping candles near them, it's really up to the poster and what they're doing, right?

i have a really hosed up toenail atm, so would post in this

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Go ahead. L'chaim!

thanks!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

- MS Paint ways you've poo poo your pants as a defense mechanism or a way to attract a mate

- GBS CALLS: ITT we track down professional MLB players who'd normally be playing and give them a shout and post their responses, just to catch up with them. (Photos a plus no stalking!).

- WHAT AM I PAINTING, GBS? - A thread wherein the OP get's a paint by number book and describes the act of painting by number vaguely and every one needs to guess what the subject of the painting is based on color, number being painted, and day of the week, etc.

you are reeally reaaly reaalllly foot fetish deficient. dude someone needs to get BBC some foot photos STAT!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Big Beef City posted:

lol hoo yeah!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Who’s dick is bigger?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big beef city's been putting in the time on the foot thing, and frankly, i'm all in favour of it. that's the commitment needed to make it in the big leagues, and this poster has it in spades.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I thought about making a thread called "why do deer exist" with a long winded rant about why deer loving suck rear end and why i hate them and why you should too but i already made a thread like that long ago and i do not know if one would be necessary

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Are there female foot fetishists who like looking at pictures of guys feet? It always seems like it's guys who want to see girl's feet.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Would be nice to have a thread for posting.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

a thread where all the posts are various misspelling's of the president's name, such as trmo, tropm, turmp, etc.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Would be nice to have a thread for posting.

LOL

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
A thread about Lebanon

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a thread for stories of encounters with possums

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
a CYOA about the Ents trying to find the Entwives

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Inverted Icon posted:

A thread about Lebanon

A thread about Labneh

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

a CYOA about the Ents trying to find the Entwives

Would play, though D&D's barely off-brand "Treants", which they had to switch to in 1975 in response to a cease and desist order, have substantially more variety than Tolkienian Ents. Something to think about.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Are there female foot fetishists who like looking at pictures of guys feet? It always seems like it's guys who want to see girl's feet.

There's really only one way to find out if someone made a thread for it, right

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Would play, though D&D's barely off-brand "Treants", which they had to switch to in 1975 in response to a cease and desist order, have substantially more variety than Tolkienian Ents. Something to think about.

lol that birch treants get +6 Charisma, thus exemplifying 'sexy birch'

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'd post a thread about petty crimes I've committed.
It'd be updated often

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Returning to Walden's Pond: an introspective transcendentalist erotica

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

One Week of Helldump: Coronavirus Edition

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The_Continental posted:

One Week of Helldump: Coronavirus Edition

Uh how would that work?

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Or guys who want to see guys' feet? I know I can easily find out. I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Uh how would that work?

It probably wouldn't, hence the one week time limit