Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Honky Dong Country posted:

I like the ent thread. I don't think anybody is taking it seriously and Zippy seems cool with that and is just rolling with it. It's good.

Cool! Link?

Edit- Please?

Edit edit- Thanks!
V V V V V V V V V

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Cool! Link?

Edit- Please?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920045

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
I super suck at making threads. Maybe a good thread can be made about how copy write music sucks and how these lawyers/musicians made 68.7 billion melodies, put it on a hard drive, and are trying make all know music available and screw over copywrite law?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJtm0MoOgiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfXn_ecH5Rw

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
terrible music you like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjQQtF2v54

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thread about how weather affects your life. Like, if it rained and you stepped in a puddle and your shoes and socks got wet and you had to change your socks and use a blowdryer on your shoes.

A thread for like that sorta stuff. :shrug:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

There's a gardening thread somewhere, right? I can't find it and I urgently (not really) need a plant identified.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
Been thinking of about nutting out vampire rules

Like if you lure vampires to a place and sell the land around it like immediately can you trap them?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if youve sold all the land except for the open-air courtyard of a house then yes. its houses not land. doesnt work against batsy or mist vampires

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

gary oldmans diary posted:

if youve sold all the land except for the open-air courtyard of a house then yes. its houses not land. doesnt work against batsy or mist vampires

Sure, but are there any other interesting edge cases? Is kinda the thrust of my thread idea

I mean like hell, what if you do sell the air 10 above the ground to a government owned shell company?

Does that effectively neutralize vampires to an extent?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Is a tent a house? What if I set up a tent around Dracula's coffin, is he gonna shoot out of there and ruin the silpoly?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Jestery posted:

I mean like hell, what if you do sell the air 10 above the ground to a government owned shell company?
air or land doesnt matter its gotta be a house and once youre covering the ceiling with house its hard to make a case that the vampire isnt already in the house you sold which is a different question: is prior invitation still valid if the vampire is already in the house? almost certainly if the house was sold as-is without a clause that covers residing vampires. in fact as a scholar of vampire law id wager its the surest way to transfer that invite to new ownership

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

anatomi posted:

There's a gardening thread somewhere, right? I can't find it and I urgently (not really) need a plant identified.

post the plant and i'll try and id it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anatomi posted:

it's kudzu

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thread idea: what the gently caress was that noise outside im not gonna look

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

gary oldmans diary posted:

air or land doesnt matter its gotta be a house and once youre covering the ceiling with house its hard to make a case that the vampire isnt already in the house you sold which is a different question: is prior invitation still valid if the vampire is already in the house? almost certainly if the house was sold as-is without a clause that covers residing vampires. in fact as a scholar of vampire law id wager its the surest way to transfer that invite to new ownership

What if a mist vampire is floating through controlled airspace? Does the FAA have jurisdiction? Is the mist vampire floating under Visual Flight Rules or Instrument Flight Rules?

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
The vampire rules thread has lots of potential.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A thread where we argue about condiments and their variations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
a thread with some clever funny thing everybody can participate in, also raises money for charity. i dream of making that thread

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Not Another Scat Thread: an evening of free-form jazz

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Ive been meaning to do a thread documenting my interactions with hobos, including photos.

For science, I would also categorize the various species, their habitat and diet.

Mating rituals and things of that nature would be labeled NSFW.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Salty Josh posted:

Ive been meaning to do a thread documenting my interactions with hobos, including photos.

For science, I would also categorize the various species, their habitat and diet.

Mating rituals and things of that nature would be labeled NSFW.

Are you going to ask their permission or is the point to treat homeless people the same as animals?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Are you going to ask their permission or is the point to treat homeless people the same as animals?

Ask permission. The end goal is to get a reality TV show on TLC.

'Hanging with Hobos'

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
New thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920114

Please support the forums

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

As opposed to treating them like plants? Or protists?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Dont Touch ME posted:

As opposed to treating them like plants? Or protists?

Nice try, but the legal definition of animal has contained "other than humans" since the 1750's.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Nice try, but the legal definition of animal has contained "other than humans" since the 1750's.

The hairless ape desperately cries "Noo! I'm not an animal because I said so!!" but at the end of the day it's still a hairless ape.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
a thread where we slow down or speed up songs and then see what they sound like

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

There was a thread years ago that was pretty fun. It was 'ask google image search'. The idea was ask GIS a question then use an image on the first page of results as a reply. I already did one:

Q: Why is burt so sexual?

A:

Huh. Who would have thought?

Anyway, enough thinking let's start doing. Look for this thread in GBS in about 10 minutes.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Jestery posted:

Sure, but are there any other interesting edge cases? Is kinda the thrust of my thread idea

Does that effectively neutralize vampires to an extent?

Government-owned means public and therefore is exempt from the invite rule. It has to be a single private buyer or the invitation is implied. New ownership doesn't nullify an invitation until the new owner physically enters the space. Multi-level office buildings are exempt from invite restrictions as well, even if owned by a single person, as the force that oversees the rule simply assumes the vampire has to see his real estate agent or do some banking.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Never been there but subscribed

Valko posted:

There was a thread years ago that was pretty fun. It was 'ask google image search'. The idea was ask GIS a question then use an image on the first page of results as a reply. I already did one:

Q: Why is burt so sexual?

A:

Huh. Who would have thought?

Anyway, enough thinking let's start doing. Look for this thread in GBS in about 10 minutes.

Lol

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

what about a thread about cars. you could post about types of cars, car repair, your favorite (or LEAST favorite) cars, stuff like that, could be neat

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a thread that is a portal to an alternate reality where everything is going well and we're all happy and getting along

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mozi posted:

a thread that is a portal to an alternate reality where everything is going well and we're all happy and getting along

With no death threats even?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how about a thread where we use the ATTENTION tag, title it 'hello girls', and post goatse?

e: gently caress, someone's beat me to it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how about a thread where we use the ATTENTION tag, title it 'hello girls', and post goatse?

e: gently caress, someone's beat me to it

only works if you reg on the day you post the thread

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

Obsidianheart posted:

Government-owned means public and therefore is exempt from the invite rule. It has to be a single private buyer or the invitation is implied. New ownership doesn't nullify an invitation until the new owner physically enters the space. Multi-level office buildings are exempt from invite restrictions as well, even if owned by a single person, as the force that oversees the rule simply assumes the vampire has to see his real estate agent or do some banking.

I'm sure this is gameable by both the vampires and the humans

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Vampire rules clearly needs to be its own thread.

And I don't buy that the vampire could just fly out of your rezoned courtyard- if that's true then both running water and circle-of-salt methods shouldn't work at all, they'd just fly over them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

With no death threats even?

only the kind that threatens death on one's own bed surrounded by friends and family after having lived a long and happy life

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Play posted:

a thread where we slow down or speed up songs and then see what they sound like

this one is hilarious at .5 speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6le600NWk0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vampire rules clearly needs to be its own thread.

And I don't buy that the vampire could just fly out of your rezoned courtyard- if that's true then both running water and circle-of-salt methods shouldn't work at all, they'd just fly over them.

maybe intent has something to do with it, like there's a lot of salt all over the place and vampires get around ok, does the salt have to be "intended" for table use?
Because otherwise just sea salt becomes an issue unless it's obviously packaged for human consumption.
Or does the intent need to be "ward off vampires" like, if I have salt packets for fries from a fast food place but don't specify that I'm keeping dracula out, does he give a poo poo?

If I'm sweaty when the vampires attack me can I just say "nah I'm warding you off" and they hate that? That'd be one weird trick that vampires hate, right there.