Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Johnny Walker posted:

They've closed the courses here because idiots keep coming in big groups to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

TheAardvark posted:

it's like a tooth grater

I don't know what that means! But yeah!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The_Continental posted:

Chinatown IRL:

i wish

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Taking a page out of Chinatown's, but JFC the OP needs a super swirly

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

look at this freakin badass
i still own my cleats from when i used to play

my special move was being 6'2" and being able to out sprint everyone to the goal line and in the situation that someone was also there my long rear end arms could just snap it above their head

a short skinny gently caress would call me a cherry picker, i also asked his girlfriend out to prom (she said no but went with someone else as well), and in other circumstances he loaned me his parents subaru legacy and i did that reverse J turn thing and a full power 360 stationary donut that only awd cars can do in a gravel parking lot when he asked if anyone knew how to drive stick to pick up more beers. but i digress.

the problem occurs when i sprint full gas downfield and the play gets hosed up, like the throw is off or who knows, and i have to haul my 6'2" rear end back up the other way, im not big but im not like crazy lean either

theres only so much these lungs can handle back and forth with my one special move

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 14, 2020

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

there is a park near where i live with a large area set up for frisbee golf, a nice wooded walk in the hills, and then further down the canyon from there is an area set up for archery which makes me think that frisbee golf archery would also be a cool sport. although youd need a lot more frisbees

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Earwicker posted:

there is a park near where i live with a large area set up for frisbee golf, a nice wooded walk in the hills, and then further down the canyon from there is an area set up for archery which makes me think that frisbee golf archery would also be a cool sport. although youd need a lot more frisbees

Shoot skeet. With a shotgun. Freedom feels good.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

As an archer and person that used to play frisbey golf when I lived in an area with courses, the two should not be mixed in any way, shape, or form.

Even getting hit with a blunt off a stiff bow would hurt like hell. If it's a field point or some dude practicing with actual broadheads you might legit die. A modern broadhead will gently caress your poo poo up bad.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 14, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nooner posted:

drat, didn't know Gibbis was full of STUPID JOCKS.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

In Australia the swirlie goes in the other direction. Fun fact!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

gently caress I miss frisbee golf. I'll have to get some discs and my vape pen together :cool:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

frolf, op

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
frolf looks so dumb

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Honky Dong Country posted:

As an archer and person that used to play frisbey golf when I lived in an area with courses, the two should not be mixed in any way, shape, or form.

Even getting hit with a blunt off a stiff bow would hurt like hell. If it's a field point or some dude practicing with actual broadheads you might legit die. A modern broadhead will gently caress your poo poo up bad.

i was thinking that the targets would be the discs not the players, and only once they were a certain distance from the person who threw it and only at a certain angle. it would be a bit longer distance than normal frisbee golf, and of course would not involve any actual broadheads! a blunt can knock a frisbee down just fine

frisbee golf archery would have to be done on a special range constructed just for frisbee golf archery with the angles and distnaces regulated and so on im not talking about taking up your bow and hunting down some frisbee golfers. once these ranges have been developed and perfected we can think of a fourth sport to add on, hopefully something aquatic

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 14, 2020

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

von Braun posted:

frolf looks so dumb

Well I was gonna invite you to come and play a round but GUESS NOT

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

I live in California and I'm prohibited from frolf because I don't smoke weed. Sorry OP.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Rivethead posted:

I live in California and I'm prohibited from frolf because I don't smoke weed. Sorry OP.

Well you could always be one of those guys in the low rider cars with the plaid shirts. Or be a Hollywood star! It's all part of the California Lifestyle

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna reiterate that I wasn't kidding, Metallica play disc golf

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its probably a good relaxing and fun way to bond and get away from the stresses of the road.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Julius CSAR posted:

Stay inside please

Please do this. Also, I was terrible at frisbee golf in college and really only bothered playing so I could smoke massive amounts of weed and drink beer out of a camelback so maybe I’m biased.

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
The new name of disc golf should be Social Distance.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I tried so hard to make a thread that isn't about COVID-19 but you fucks are like mosquitoes on the disc golf course

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The_Continental posted:

I tried so hard to make a thread that isn't about COVID-19 but you fucks are like mosquitoes on the disc golf course

you should just be happy that i havent decided to DUNK you op

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

HEY CHINATOWN,

You're momma's got sideburns on her titties!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
it sucks because I used to live in the upper midwest and there were fuckin courses everywhere, but the city i live in now has like three and they get loving slammed with groups of like 8 guys that all have stools and carts and hit their vape mods while sitting on their stool in between every shot, and there will be groups like this on every hole and more waiting to tee off.

I used to go play in the woods and see maybe 2-3 other groups but here it's like you need a tee time, and that was before everyone started working from home/lost their job, so I'm staying away from the courses for the time being.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Earwicker posted:

i was thinking that the targets would be the discs not the players, and only once they were a certain distance from the person who threw it and only at a certain angle. it would be a bit longer distance than normal frisbee golf, and of course would not involve any actual broadheads! a blunt can knock a frisbee down just fine

This sounds like a bastardization of Hunter S Thompson's shotgun golf:
http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213&num=0

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are there glow in the dark frisbees so you can play at night

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yeah they make glowing discs but I've never played with them. You would have to light the baskets as well. I know some courses have had night events. I think they also make LED's you can attach to your discs to track them better but I'm not sure how that would affect balance and flight.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAdzhF2QCpM

Here is a short compilation of some amazing golf shots for the uninitiated.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are there glow in the dark frisbees so you can play at night

Yes, but most courses close at sundown so wear your running shoes

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Tape a light up fishing bobber LED to the center of a translucent disc for night rounds.

Put glowsticks in each basket.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The_Continental posted:

I don't know what that means! But yeah!

i was really extremely high the other night and frankly i have no idea what i meant either. it is a horrifying phrase though

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TheAardvark posted:

i was really extremely high the other night and frankly i have no idea what i meant either. it is a horrifying phrase though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HloWBjwcuJQ

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Disc Golf courses allow for a radically differing landscaping than regular Golf, and I much more appreciate a thicket than a lawn or a pit trap

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Randomly on my camera from a church course I used to frequent long ago. This was a dedicated trash can on like hole 7 or something.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I like the idea of drinking wine on the course. Thats very classy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Frolf is an excellent way to spend time with a friend 6ft apart. We have a really excellent DG course in Myrtle Beach on one of the shut down college campuses and there are at least 2-3 people on the course whenever we go but we’re all several hundred feet apart. Like Golf itself, it’s way more about playing the game than finishing the game.

It’s also funny because I thought I was hot poo poo at Ultimate Frisbee when I was a kid, I was even team captain of Ultimate frisbee, but they are very different skill sets and I’m just dogshit at putting.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

The_Continental posted:

That's Sutter Home so technically it's just rubbing alcohol and sulphuric grape juice which gives it a pass.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

The_Continental posted:

Used to see a dude lugging around a jug of wine as he played.

Super classy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

grillster posted:

That's Sutter Home so technically it's just rubbing alcohol and sulphuric grape juice which gives it a pass.

Its wine that says "I stopped at CVS 5 minutes before your dinner party"