Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
if someone asked me who the richest man on earth was, i would 100% say some peabrained poo poo like "the Godfather "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
: "Are The Phantom Thieves Libertarians" the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

the opinions I express here are solely my own and may not reflect those of my employer, The Church of Scientology

Surprise, it's @dril_gpt2 again!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

how do we ensure children never become criminals? free toy handcuffs with all jarred baby food

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

to any potential girlfriend who will have me: im very sweet and loving and like to make masks out of everyone i meet

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
delta variant? wake me up when theres a WINE varirant

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

S.D. posted:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

mcgruff the crime dogs Crime Tip #888853: if a criminal makes you play a game of darts to save a hostage's life throw the darts at his Dick

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Lighting up my Bad Thoughts with a machine gun from the bed of a Toyota pickup, screaming at my allies that ‘There’s too many of them!’

uncomfortably accurate tweet by @TheWrongStation, a horror anthology podcast.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

to any potential girlfriend who will have me: im very sweet and loving and like to make masks out of everyone i meet

Pic should be Joker for this specifically because it's his persona gimmick

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I considered it, but I liked the slasher vibe more.

ive got a bone to pick with capitalism

e3 press conferences are essentially religious services during which nerds worship shining rectangles that give them orgasms

i made a deal with the devil and he reneged on it so i guess i just murdered some dude

three wolf moon t-shirt is only for winners. not for nerds who think they're winners because they're too chicken poo poo to commit to anything

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
heavens pray that the goofster, the gagmeister, and the stoogelord don't join forces and create a slapstick squad more powerful than the CIA

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Bipuretasubipu means "Your eyes are stars" in Japanese and i think thats beautiful

ok. ive been lied to

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
guy trying to tell me im using the elliptical cross trainer backwards; gently caress you man. . This is my journey

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
guys who get off on being humiliated used to expose themselves at the grocery store or something. now they pretend to be journalists on here

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
holy gently caress I’m freaking out a member of the CDC just called me personally & told me I need to isolate myself immediately bc they found out one of the new symptoms of the virus is being hot, having a great personality, & a big juicy rear end.

Send this to 5 hoes u think might b infected

Not a dril tweet, but a copypasta from March 2020 that I keep thinking and laughing about.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

my favorite feature of this site is absolutely no consequences for my opinions sucking ffucking rear end and me being 100% wrong about everything

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

if i could have any type of wealth i would pick vast.

the best way to solve problems is to create more problems until you are dead

the idea was simple, which was good for me because that is the easiest type of idea to understand.

yeah i looked both ways before crossing the street, i looked both 'handsome' and 'radiant',

too bad i got hit by that car

wolfpupy!

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

should go without saying but, if they show j. bezos penis on the news i will postpone the showing of my penis, to avoid confusing followers

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
i will be typing the words "rock 'N' roll" over and over in a note pad document until my computer makes targeted content more relevant to me

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
(pointing at some bull poo poo on the news) You see that?? Theyre from reddit

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The Fact Remains That Your A Guy From Reddit, And Im A Guy Who Posts On A Website Thats Somewhat More Prestigious Than Reddit

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter 51: 6/11: Backstory Blues

This update contains content from Part 47 of the original LP.

Anon: don’t even bother with this

New question courtesy of Mishima.

Early Morning

Music: Beneath the Mask (Instrumental Version)

(Loud Lady) Ah, on that talk show? It was simply dreadful.

Once again, this line is accompanied by the canned “THE PHANTOM THIEVES ARE SUPER LAME” bark.

How can anyone seriously suggest supernatural beings are stealing people’s hearts? That… child is a phony. There’s simply no way that the Phantom Thieves exist.
(Heavily Made-Up Woman) Unfortunately, my precious children all think they’re real—and worse, that this detective is amazing… Children are far too impressionable to see such vulgar content on TV.
Looks like people still don’t think we’re real…

I can’t believe a high schooler moonlights as a detective. He’s just like the Detective Prince. He’s smart AND handsome. He’s almost TOO perfect!
(Excited Girl) We had front row seats. I could practically reach out and touch Akechi-kun! I was so nervous!

Yeah… don’t actually do that. He doesn’t like that.

He was really working that uniform, and without seeming like a snob. He’s a natural at public speaking. I hear he’s an orphan who grew up poor. It’s part of what makes him so amazing! He wants his last high school memory to be capturing the Phantom Thieves. This isn’t a game to him!
See, I heard his dad’s the head of some big financial conglomerate. I will say, I love that he hates the media. Makes me believe that he doesn’t do this for the fame.

In what respect does he “hate the media”? He apparently goes on these shows a lot, right?

People say he’s so good that he’s made enemies in the police force… Oh, yeah—apparently yesterday’s interview was so popular, they’re going to air it again tonight.

Early Morning → Lunchtime

Music: Wicked Plan

Let’s see him do it, then!

The Phantom Thieves are the only ones who can help these people! That’s right, us!
Karate… chop!

*while eating* You’re being way too loud.
Who cares? Everybody’s talkin’ about this stuff anyways. It’d just be more suspicious if we were whisperin’.

I’m not sure that whispering would actually be less suspicious than yelling incriminating statements out loud in public, but what do I know, right?
Anyway, what are you eating? Gimme some.
*immediately starts snarfing them down four at a time* *cough* *cough* Sorry, there’s no more.

You guys are too laid-back. The police are getting involved now, you know.
So you think it’s true? We’ll be okay if we keep doing this… right?
We can’t let the cops scare us outta bein’ phantom thieves.

I don’t give a gently caress about the cops. Screw ‘em.
Yeah, we know, you say that a lot.

But… what about that weird guy from Madarame’s Palace? Isn’t there a lot we don’t know?

Music: Disquiet

Maaku, weren’t you looking in that direction? How did you not see her?
Who’s “her”? Is there someone in front of us? To be honest, I need a new pair of glasses, I can’t see poo poo right now.

You three seem to be having so much fun. I’m a little jealous.
Are you snoopin’ on us again? We said before, we don’t know nothin’.
Why do you think I’m here to question you? Could it be that you’re hiding something? My ears are always open to the troubles of my peers, you know.

Are we just going to dance around the fact that there’s no way she didn’t hear us just now?
You say you’re here to help, but you’re just the principal’s lapdog, right? So desperate for a good recommendation…
You guys know she’s been following me around, right?
What are you getting at, Takamaki?
Not much. It just seems to me like you, more than anyone, should have known about Kamoshida… or am I wrong?
Okay, no one’s listening to me, awesome.
You don’t know what you’re talking about! Until then, I had no idea…

Oh, but you always take the teacher’s side. That’s what a good council president does, right?
Then… how about you? What did you do for your friend? You were much closer to her than I was, so how did you help?
There wasn’t any way to help! By myself… I couldn’t do anything for her!
There’s no need to shout.

To be fair, we were shouting long before you showed up.

If those Phantom Thieves are out there helpin’ people… I’d root for ‘em, no questions asked. They’ve gotta be more dependable than some people I know.
…Just make sure you show up to your classes, all right?

I’d be ashamed to let it end now…
Hell yeah. It’s about time we find our next target too.

Lunchtime → After School

“Brainwashing is uncool, yo.” “I heard some lady yelling ‘THE PHANTOM THIEVES ARE SUPER LAME’ on the train today, and hell, I agree with her!” Huh…
That drat Akechi’s got people bad-mouthin’ us…

He’s free to deny our actions, but being cursed by his influence is another thing entirely.
Just when we were starting to get people to believe in us too…

Yeah, but if we take down another big target people’ll have to change their minds, right?
Like who?
…I withdraw my suggestion.

By the way, what’s up with that luggage?

Music: My Homie

Oh, I decided to leave the school dorms.

It was stifling my creativity, being disrupted by such noise and filth.

Yusuke’s complaints about filth are made much funnier when you play Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight and go into his room and learn that he bunks alone.

What’re you gonna do then? You can’t go back to that shack, right?

Well, Ann, I was hoping to—
NO.
Inconceivable… I already bought these Japanese sweets with the last of my money as a thank you present as well…
I mean, I’ll still take those, but you’re not staying at my place.

Seriously though… what’re we gonna do about him?

Have fun living on the street, Yusuke! I know a kind vagrant who’ll probably help you out. Just don’t interact with him at night. And especially don’t make eye contact then, either. He’ll definitely stab you.
Oh, this won’t do! Yusuke, you should just come stay with us!
WHAT
Intriguing… I did mention requiring a clean space with minimal noise, however. Can you provide such?
Not at all! In fact, it’s probably even worse than your current situation!
Sounds good. Let’s head right over.

Don’t you two live in a café? I’ve been wondering about that for a while. Yongen’s not too far, is it?
Nope! And the café’s only a minute walk from the station.
How about we go there now? We can have a party to celebrate Madarame’s change of heart!
Ooh, good idea! We can make it a welcome party for Yusuke too!
All right, it’s decided!

This is my punishment for defying God and ripping off that mattress tag.

By the way… I prefer sleeping on a futon.

I sleep on a mattress stacked on milk crates, my dude. You’ll get the couch and like it.

*shakes bag*

AAAAAAAAA

Music: Break it Down

This place looks so outdated… I can’t say I hate it though.
People refer to that as “retro.”

Eh? Who’re these kids insulting my store? *I’m* the only one who’s allowed to do any roasting in here!

Hello!

Huh, so the girls don’t all hate you. I’ve taught you well.
No you didn’t!

Maaku has really helped us a lot lately.
Heh, I bet you’re the ones doing all the helping.
No, really, he’s been great.
Huh… Sit down. This round’ll be on the house. (to Maaku) You’re helping though.

Sure thing.
Hey, why does the indigo one have luggage?
Because life is pain.

Indeed, there’s great depth to its acidity.

Wait, I feel like I’ve seen this place mentioned in a magazine before…
It’s been a long time since then.
What, this dump?
You don’t like it, find somewhere else.

For real? Gimme a taste.

*chugging soda* It’s so bitter! This has gotta be cruel and unusual punishment!

If you don’t like coffee, why did you try it?

Eh, I didn’t drink coffee when I was a kid either.

(to Maaku) Go on, show your friends your room. Not like I need the company down here.

Ooh, I wanna see!
It’s only an attic.
Man, that bitter taste just won’t leave my mouth…

Up these stairs? Oh, and thanks for the soda!

So you’re, uhh…
Ann. Ann Takamaki.
Ann-chan, huh… That’s a nice name.

This Sojiro interaction will never not be super weird to me.

(yelling from upstairs) Ann, is he hitting on you?
Nah, it’s fine!

You got a boyfriend?

Case in point!

Nope. Never have, either.

(yelling from upstairs) You *sure* he’s not?
Relax!

Hey, you gotta get up here! This place’s freakin’ insane!
Go on.
Oh, right. Thank you for the coffee!

Sheesh. They had to leave the Mona bag down here?

Huh, sweet girl.

It seems quite ordinary to me.
For real?

I’ve been thinking about putting a Rise Kujikawa poster on the wall by the plant, but I haven’t had time to go find one.

See? Ain’t this crazy?

How can you live like this? I’m getting depressed just looking at it.

It’s cleaner than I thought it would be.

Thanks.

What!?
Well, sit wherever you’d like.

Even those who previously believed in us have been influenced by the comments made on TV.
This is all that effin’ Akechi’s fault!

Stop yelling up there!

At this rate we’re just going to worry everyone instead of give them courage…

We need to prove our righteousness. We were going to discuss how to move forward today, right?
We need a new target first, but it’s not like we’re just gonna happen across one…
We’re not likely to find a new target by searching the Phan-Site or the media. This is quite the difficult situation…

Dammit… We’re never gonna prove Akechi wrong at this rate!

Please stop shouting before Sojiro decides to start charging me rent.

What the…

Oh god, there’s a bear loose in Leblanc! Quickly, jump out the window while it mauls Sojiro to death!

Sorry… I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday…
And you spent all your money on that box of sweets!?
Dude, how much did you have?
Anyway, we’ll just have to sit tight until we can find another target. So…

Music: New Beginning

How about that welcome party?
Someone’s excited.

I think I found a portable stove over there! Let’s set things on fire!
Eh, let’s make hot pot first and see where the night takes us. I’m hankerin’ for some meat!
Sounds delectable. We’ll be finishing it with porridge, obviously.
Sounds good.
Then we’ll take care of the shopping. Your job will be to find a pot downstairs.

We should go grab that pot and set up the portable stove too.

But let’s forget about him for now and just focus on having fun. Come on, we need to prepare.

Your friend’s growling stomach shook the building off its foundation, by the way.

Don’t you know how busy I am? You guys go have fun.

*looks around at empty restaurant*
Stop that.

Her name was Ann, right? She’s a nice girl.

Seriously, did you hit on her? Because if so the only eating happening will be you and this knuckle sandwich.

Oh, I just had a chat with her. She said your friend doesn’t have anywhere to go. Asked if I could take him in for a bit. I guess she thought it’d be too pitiful for you to ask, since you’re already freeloading.

She thought correctly! But, wait, why are you cool with this!? You were supposed to be my shield here!

Hmm… Where did I put that pot? Try looking around.

It’s almost time for the others to get back from their shopping trip, so I’ll leave you be. I’ll be down here for a while though… Just be careful with the fire, okay?

After School → Evening

Music: Days of Sisters

(TV) After his last appearance was so well-received, we decided to bring back this fine gentleman today. It’s the high school detective, Goro Akechi!

As mentioned earlier by those Shujin students, they’re replaying Akechi’s interview tonight to motivate this scene with Makoto and Sae.

Hmm, soup is bland. Hopefully you’re putting more effort into your studies than you have in this cooking, Makoto.

School’s been going fine. I’m more worried about you, Sis. Are you tired? You’re probably lacking sodium.

That’s a slanderous lie! Don’t doubt me! I’ve got more sodium than any human should!
I meant… too much?
Huh, really? I’ll look into it…
(TV) Blah blah blah Phantom Thieves blah blah blah no justice blah blah blah wrong to change hearts

…Is it a crime to manipulate someone’s heart?

Yes. Dumb question. Next.

Even if it makes someone admit their evil deeds and helps make them pay for their crimes?

What’s this all of a sudden? This is some crime-doer talk. I thought you knew better than this? Do you really believe they really even exist?

…Of course not.
You don’t need to think about such unnecessary things. …You understand what I’m trying to say, right?
Study hard and go to a prestigious college…

Listen close, Makoto: the world is bleak and unforgiving, especially for a woman. It’s nearly impossible to climb the ranks, but that’s the only way to gain any power over your life. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. You need to stay focused on your future, understood? Otherwise, you’ll never end up happy like me!
Uhh…
*unhinged, twitchy stare*
…Yeah! Sorry for bringing that up…

…Oh, that case.
What must be done… Justice…
(flashback) If those Phantom Thieves are out there helpin’ people.. I’d root for ‘em, no questions asked.
What do I want to do?

Music: Break it Down

That was delicious, Lady Ann. I’m sure you’ll make a wonderful bride some—

You know what I love? Changing the subject! One of my very favorite things to do!

*yawn* Sorry, I’m gonna have to borrow the sofa.

You know what time it is!

Try-to-look-up-Ann’s-skirt-o’clock!

This beat is so loving weird and I hate it!

What’s wrong, Yusuke?

It’s not real hot pot without porridge or udon… What are we to do without a traditional finish to this meal?

Just leave it for next time, man…

Ann begins to snore.

She’s asleep already!?
It’d be weird if she wasn’t tired. We should let her sleep.

While we’re on the subject… How do you know Ann, Ryuji? You seem slightly more familiar than I would have expected.
We went to middle school together… though even that’s kinda overstatin’ things.

What was Lady Ann like back then?
Not so different from now. Once we got to high school, we ended up in different classes and stopped talkin’… I don’t think she had many friends.

Between growing up overseas and her looks, she just drew too much attention, I guess. The popular kids couldn’t stand her and the quiet ones knew to stay away.

Very strange that Ann’s introduction segment here is delivered by Ryuji instead of, you know, Ann.

I see. So, what about you two?
Us?
This is a great opportunity to get to know each other better. You know every detail of my past at this point. It’s only fair you tell me every detail of yours.
So you got nothin’ to lose, huh? All right, I’ll tell you. It’s just a normal story about a rotten kid though.

Music: Alleycat

I was goin’ for a track scholarship to make things easier for her, but I messed it up. Guess I’m just a bad son, huh? *sad chuckling* During my first year, my mom got called when I raised my hand at Kamoshida. All the teachers just yelled at her non-stop about what I did, but she stayed quiet… That look on her face, though… And when we got in the car… She apologized to *me* for bein’ a single mom.
Wait, but wasn’t—
And then she immediately took me to the hospital because my leg was broken.
There’s the part of that story I was missing.

So that’s what happened… They say at school that everyone is equal, but in reality that’s a gross oversimplification…

Wait, sorry, who says that exactly?

…I understand how you feel.
Well, when it comes to gettin’ labeled, nobody’s got it worse than Maaku.
Is this about his past?
Now that I think about it, we never have heard the details.

Huh? Oh, right, you weren’t there. Well, it went a little something like this…

(Struggling Woman) If you keep this up… Then I’ll report about the money! Is that fine with you!?
All I have to say is that you did it on your own, and it’s over.
But… I just did as I was told…
Who do you think I am?
No…
Hey. Make this statement to the cops. “This kid suddenly attacked me.” Got it?

Music: Desire

Hm, well, this seems bad for me!

If you even try to say anything else, you know what’ll happen to you, right?
Huh? But—

Sir, I believe you are mistaken about the events that have just transpired. You see, I merely—
Shuddup! You’re going to jail, brat!

Uh, yeah, this dude fell over and blamed it on me and then instructed this woman to commit perjury about it?

Hey there, Representative Shido! Looks like you’ve had a little too much fun there, Shido-san!
You! Cops! My bitches! This woman has a story for you!

…… That young man suddenly attacked him… He shoved this gentleman to the ground. And this man… got injured…

Guh???
By “this man” you mean Shido-san, right? Just making sure.

…It’s as she says. Also… make sure you deal with this so my name isn’t mentioned at all. You understand what that means, correct?

Yes sir! Your name will be kept out of this, Representative Masayoshi Shido! Can I call you Masayoshi? No? Shido it is, then!

Hey, cuff him!
U-Understood.

Goddammit!

Music: Confession/Secret

You got an assault on your record just for that?
The woman sounds quite horrible as well. She’s stayed quiet this whole time…

Eh, sounded like she was being threatened.

That man is just the kind of person whose heart we should steal! Who is he, and where can we find him!?

I don’t remember anything about him…

You can’t remember, huh? Well, it was at night, and I ‘m sure you were in shock after getting arrested. I understand all too well the pain of not being able to remember important details of your life.
The victim’s personal information is always kept secret. Identifying that man will prove difficult…

Yusuke, it’s generally a *good* thing that victims aren’t public in cases like this.
You seem weirdly chill about this, dude.
Eh, it’s in the past, right?

Besides, the courts already made their ruling, didn’t they? Even if we manage to get revenge, Maaku’s past record won’t go away.
I can’t stand it… This world is so messed up! The weak’re left to fight for themselves, while rotten adults get away with whatever they want!
And those in power don’t do anything to help the situation.
Can’t we fix this though? Nobody would even know… We just need to show the world what true justice is. We’ll make them come to their senses.

We are totally going to go too far one of these days.

You’re right, Yusuke! That’s gotta be what our powers’re for!
Sounds good to me. The flashier our missions are, the cooler we end up looking!
You’ve all taught me so much.

Oh, sorry… Did we wake you up?
Nah, not really. I’ve been up for a while now. Still, this weird feeling came over me while I was listening to you guys… It almost feels like I’ve known you all forever… Do you think it’s because our backgrounds are so similar?
Well… it sure ain’t ‘cause of anything good.
Similar, huh… I’m the only one who doesn’t fit in…
Hm?
I don’t have any past to look back on… No memories…
Whaddya mean? We could search the whole world and we wouldn’t find a bigger misfit than you.

I feel like I should be insulted here, but it’s oddly helpful…

And the reason we’re goin’ to Mementos is to get your memories back, right?
I’m sure your past will be just as troubled as ours.
No doubt.

Hmph, well, let’s just get stronger so we can investigate Mementos! I’m helping you guys out for myself, after all!
That aside, let’s take this seriously and do whatever we can to help the people only we can reach.

Ha! You can say that again!
Being a member of the Phantom Thieves will surely help me grow, both as an artist and as a person.
Of course. You’re under my tutelage, after all. There’s nothing we can’t accomplish!

I mean, if you guys wanna keep going, that’s fine by me. I’d prefer the extra napping time, but whatever.

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

It’s getting late. Let’s call it here for tonight. By the way, the owner said you’re free to stay here, Yusuke.
GAH

You convinced him, didn’t you? You go, Miss Older-Dude-Charmer!
What kind of nickname is that!?

Wait, Ann was the one hitting on Sojiro all along!?

Hm, I won’t be able to sleep unless I take a bath…

There’s a bathhouse right across the street.
Ooh, I’ll come too!
You guys go ahead, I need to get going. Good night!

Dammit… I need to turn back into a human soon. I can’t let her get taken by someone else!

Gross.

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

That old man keeps adding more heat though…
I’ve been wondering, Maaku… what do you think about Ann?
Not poking that hornet’s nest, no thank you.
…Eh, fair. You guys got any ideas about what to do next, though?
No, I have no ideas for targets. That has not changed in the last hour.
Why are we talking about this in front of this old man?
Eh, he doesn’t care about anything other than this godDAMN HEAT!

…I can’t stand it anymore! Anyways, let’s meet up again early next week. I’ll contact everyone!

Music: Beneath the Mask

New message in the groupchat.

Not bad, right?
The steam fogged up his glasses… Another of the many charms of eating hot pot, I suppose.
Oh man… I keep looking back at this picture, and Maaku’s face is STILL hilarious…
Oh yeah—Yusuke is still at Maaku’s place, right?
Don’t go making any trouble for him, okay?
Of course. I’d like to think I’m not THAT socially graceless. All I can ask is a warm futon and a traditional Japanese breakfast.
That’s askin’ a lot!

Still an amazing dialogue option.

I’m not talking about you! Wait… Don’t eavesdrop on me!

If there’s one phantom thief creed you should remember, it’s that you need to protect the ones you love.

I will be fine here. I sleep in my studio on occasion, so this is luxurious in comparison.

Music: Aria of the Soul

You’re in the presence of our master. Stand up straight!

You’ve made quite a few bonds at this point. All unfairly labeled by society, rejecting their fates. Your heart inspires theirs. How picaresque, you outcasts. They will become your strength as you deepen your bonds with them.
Yeah, yeah, when do I get the extra Persona slots? I’m getting sick of visiting Old Nutball and the Shifty Twins in here every time I need to switch out.
He knows he’s talking about the people right in front of him, right?
So impatient. Fine, take your reward.

Now go, devote yourself to your rehabilitation or whatever.

It’s almost time…

Line Changes!!!!

When Ann asks what to do about Yusuke’s living situation, you can reply, “What about Ryuji’s place?”, resulting in Ryuji replying, “It’s way too small. Plus, my folks’d never agree to it.” This has been changed to, “It’s way too small. Plus, my mom’d never agree to it.” This is a perfectly natural change because the original line was actually an error that I pointed out in the original LP—Ryuji’s mom is single, after all. As such, I’ll be taking full credit for this dialogue change. I expect payment from Atlus West shortly, thank you.

In the bathhouse, Ryuji’s line, “I’m more like the charge commander… and Morgana’s a specialist of that world…” is now “But I’m on offense duty, y’know? And Morgana specializes in stuff about that world, so…” Marginally less awkward now.

In the Velvet Room scene, Igor's line, "Have you noticed? Your heart seems to inspire theirs." is now "Have you noticed? They seem to have influenced you." Exactly the opposite meaning on that one!

Then, the following line, "*chuckle* Outcasts of society… In other words, you’re picaresque. Deepen your bonds with them." is now "*chuckle* These picaresque dissidents of society... Deepen your bonds with them." Better, I suppose.

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 11, 2023

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

If only Sae had been a 'Murican, then she could've become a twitter bluecheck whining about how criticizing Amy Klobuchar makes you a sexist Berniebro instead of becoming a jack-booted police state thug. Sad. :911:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I read that scene as Sojiro trying to piece together if she's Maaku's girlfriend/potential future girlfriend.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That does make a lot more sense, but my initial weird read of that scene is funny/gross enough that I decided to run with it here.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Arist posted:

So that’s what happened… They say at school that everyone is equal, but in reality that’s a gross oversimplification…

Wait, sorry, who says that exactly?

Maybe Yusuke is drawing from an anecdote heard when he was in primary school.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter 52: 6/12: Sketchy Man Wants Protein (New)

This update covers content from Part 48 of the original LP.

Daytime

At a university… some words I can’t read! (The context suggests it’s visiting day for high school students or something like that)

Music: Disquiet

May I talk to you for a moment?

Let me guess… it’s about the Phantom Thieves, correct?
Ding ding ding! Correct! Am I that obvious?
You were on live national television talking about this two days ago.
Well, it’s no problem. I was just wondering if you could help me a bit. Are there any similarities between Kamoshida’s and Madarame’s… incidents? The Phantom Thieves need to be caught, after all. For the sake of their victims. Yeah, their victims. Let’s go with that.
How would I know anything about Madarame’s case? Anyway, it seems like you do believe in them after all.
Yes, as illogical as it may seem… I have a *very* good reason for believing in them.
…… …Are you doing this because my sister told you to?
No, I would be doing this anyway. Just a… coincidence, that.

Why do I get the feeling that you’re enjoying this?

Which, chasing the Phantom Thieves, or loving with you?
……
Ah, real-life phantom thieves, writing calling cards and stealing hearts… As the “Charismatic Detective,” they’re naturally my rivals.
That’s not even your nickname! No one calls you that! And besides, you’re the arbiter of good and evil here?
Evil!? *nervous laugh* No evil people around here! Just me, a good guy!
……
Oh, wait, I see what you’re saying.

Compared to people who manipulate others’ hearts as they see fit, I believe I’m on the side of justice.

Besides, I’m just doing what I’m best at for the sake of the world. Can’t you say the same?

I—

…Oh, I see. You’re just a pushover, then. The kind of good-girl who’ll roll over when commanded. What a pity.
I don’t—
Struck a nerve, have I? Oh, don’t feel so bad. It was fun, talking with you just now. For me, at least.

See you later. Give Sae-san my regards.

Man, the script for this scene originally was some hot loving nonsense, and part of my workflow this time had to be re-interpreting it in a way that actually kind of makes some sense even through the jokes. Hopefully I succeeded even just a little.

It’s such a delight to enjoy coffee of this quality.
You could stay until you find a place, you know. I can’t promise it’d be comfortable here though.

Thank you, but I’ll be returning to the dorms. After last night, I realized that I need to learn about people to advance as an artist. Also, it turns out I might be allergic to Morgana.

I see. Good on you for realizing that yourself.

Might I come back sometime to enjoy the coffee?

My door’s always open.
Maaku’s been through a lot too, from what I’ve heard… Are you related to him?

…Uh, not quite. We’re not family, no. Barely acquaintances.

I may be overstepping my bounds, but why did you decide to take him in?

My reason…? How about… he reminds me of a me long past. If you buy that, anyway.
Is that really all it was?
Doesn’t take much to help someone when you feel like you already understand them. Sympathy’s funny like that. By the way, your instru—sorry, former instructor… I’m sure he felt something for you. It wasn’t just about stealing your work. Sorry if I’m overstepping here.
To be honest… I’m having a hard time trying to truly hate him. Maybe you’re right… But I should probably get going.

People would only question its authenticity if I kept it around. This is better for it.

Adding a hint of color to an otherwise ordinary day… I’m sure my mother would’ve done the same.
…I see. I’ll hold onto it for you then.
Thank you for the coffee.

Music: Beneath the Mask (Instrumental Version)

I require sustenance.
You’re not even going to ask where Yusuke is? Not that I know, anyway… Maybe he’s downstairs?

What of it, old man? …Wait, poo poo, I’m wasting my day off!

That kid ended up going back to his dorms.

What, did you scare him off? Thanks. I was gonna have to rent a Halloween costume and haunt this place, you saved me a load of trouble there.

It’s unfortunately probably not worth much, before you get any ideas.
Why would I sell it!? It’s beautiful.

And this painting is amazing. Not only is the mother stunning, but the expression on her face… The regulars will probably freak out when they see it in here.

I can see it now: “Why do you have a weird counterfeit of that disgraced artist’s stolen work?”

Still… I feel like I’ve seen it somewhere. It’s a bit different from how I remember it, though… Well… If you’re up for the day, go on and get dressed. I opened shop hours ago, so go take the cat out somewhere.

Apologies for leaving so quietly, but your rest seemed peaceful.

>Yusuke, I sleep on a thin mattress resting on milk crates. I would have welcomed you waking me up.

After a great deal of inner struggle, I have decided to return to the dormitories. Furthermore, I’ve entrusted the “Sayuri” to your protector, Sojiro. That painting should no longer exist in reality… but it it truly what my mother painted. I am simply satisfied that we were able to obtain it. And it was all because of you guys. I cannot thank you enough. PS, I still believe porridge is the best way to end a hot pot.

There’s some burglars or something using the Phantom Thief name and targeting restaurants?
I saw that post too! And another about someone’s brother getting violent after getting caught up with some weird people in Shibuya. Think they could be related?
>That seems like a rather large leap in logic, but eh. Probably.
How should we investigate this? Perhaps we could use Leblanc as a honeypot.
>NO.
Oh, right. I left the “Sayuri” there.
In addition to the other eighty reasons that’s a bad idea…
We might just have to wait for some more information…

More Thieves’ Den stuff. We’ll check that out eventually. Emphasis on “eventually.”

This just shows that many fail to truly understand what is art. Did you see past Madarame’s lies?

Not a Phantom Thief! No sir!

Haha, there’s no need to feel discouraged. We learn and grow through experiences like these. That said, there is no depth to Madarame’s work. It is cheap and base, like instant coffee. Don’t fret if these concepts are difficult to grasp. Art is deep and complex… like this coffee.

Since the year started, scam victims have been on the rise, mainly in the Tokyo metro area. A massive mafia group is rumored to be behind these scam incidents, but…
A mafia group? Huh. I wonder who they might be.

Music: Tokyo Daylight

(Sad Old Man) Oh, my wife’s been feeling depressed ever since she saw the interview with Madarame.
Ah, she’s been his fan for a long time, right? Who would’ve guessed they were all forgeries?
I guess there’s all sorts of things in this world that we’re better off not knowing…

(DJ) How about our listeners? Did you see the interview? We literally saw someone break down in tears. It’s terrible, but I couldn’t help laughing.
What a disgrace. Maybe I’m an old man, but I’d still never want to get humiliated like that.

(Gentle-Looking Mother) Yeah, and he was caught by the police. I thought he was a good person, but…
Well, it’s good that he feels sorry for it, then! Right, Kotaro?
(Lazy Dog) Woof! Woof!

Let’s head down to Kichijoji. There’s a suspicious alcove down there I want to check out.

In that alcove, which has been consistently empty since we first found it, there is currently an incredibly suspicious man trying to talk to us.

I am a chapman collecting rare goods for personal reasons.

Listen, mister, I don’t know all these fancy book-words you been usin’.

…It’s just an old word for “trader.” You know what that is, don’t you? A trader must constantly fulfill his client’s needs, regardless of an item being sold out or worth a premium. But a lone man can only do so much. I’ve been rackin’ my brain over how I’m gonna purchase this item… Then ya came along, man, and I just knew I could talk to ya! Whaddya say? Will ya help a fella collect goods?

What’s in it for me, man?

I’ll have rewards ready for ya, my man. If ya get me what I ask for, we’ll trade. Sound fair? Just buy the item when you can, and bring it to me any time. Unfortunately, consumer demand is always in a constant state of flux. So sometimes an item ya bring to me may no longer be needed. Sorry, man, that’s just how it is.
You know, he looks and talks funny, but depending on the item, this might not be a bad deal. Why don’t you accept the job? It sounds easy enough—you just have to buy him stuff.
Then we have a deal. From now on, please call me Sakai.
Of course, as phantom thieves, we have to be careful about procuring the item and appraising it, all right? I don’t think this guy has any ill intentions, but he’s still a bit suspicious. I don’t want us to get in trouble.
Oh, one thing I need you to remember: I don’t want any trouble. Wouldn’t want to burden the clients. That means no stealin’! Ya gotta buy the item through legitimate channels, all right, my man?

I… think this is saying “don’t give me anything you got from a Shadow negotiation,” but I don’t think he’ll ever ask for anything you can get that way so it’s moot.

Now then, let’s discuss our first deal.

Hey, wasn’t that kid nearby begging his dad for one of tho—oh, I see what’s happening here.

As it turns out, I already have the item we need (because I’ve played this game before so I paid attention to the begging kid and knew we would need it)! Let’s turn it in!

So you’re ready to trade, yes? Yes!?

Yes, yes! A wise decision, indeed.

Why does this guy talk like a loving Namazu? If you understood that reference, you’re a good person.

And here you go… Your Decorative Whip.

Ah, so this is whey protein made from pig’s milk… No additives, artificial coloring, or preservatives! Safe for even kids to drink!

What the gently caress?

I knew you would be able to deliver. I’ll be counting on you again!

And the kid and his dad are not currently outside the eyeglasses shop. It’s definitely him, then.

Sakai’s requests can generally be taken care of by paying close attention to the sources of limited-time or rare items from sources like Foodie Girl in Maaku’s classroom or the television at Leblanc. We’ve picked up an item or two for future use here already, like the Yakisoba Pan at Shujin. Sorry Hijiyama, this one is for this weird dad.

We’ll equip that new whip onto Ann because it’s almost twice as powerful as her current weapon.

Aojiru time. Maaku gains Proficiency +1.

Music: Butterfly Kiss

But I’m not an optometrist… Oh, is it because I have an eye test chart on the wall…?

Takemi time.

In that case, my little guinea pig, there’s something I want to test out today…

Death Rank 5: Part 34

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

If you’re feeling okay, you can go home now.

...What? Again? That’s, well… that ship’s already sailed, so...

Remember that girl you oh-so-gallantly volunteered me to take care of last time? Oyamada’s patient? Well… her dad won’t leave me alone now. He keeps bringing her here even after I referred them to another hospital.
I don’t really see the problem. It kinda seems like you could use the business.
It’s a pain. I even told them about that infamous medical error of mine, but they don’t seem to care…
Is it really so bad having people trust you?
Yes, because they really shouldn’t. Newsflash, these medical trials you’re participating in aren’t above-board.
Shocker. What happened, anyway?

The medical error was well documented. Everyone in my field knows about it. I led the development of a new drug for an incurable illness called “Crawford-Ende’s disease.” Although I wasn’t the one who administered the medicine, it was the cause of the error. With Crawford-Ende’s, certain cells indiscriminately attack other cells throughout the body. When it reaches the muscles, the patient slowly begins to die… There hasn’t been much progress made on it—partly because there haven’t been many cases of it. I worked with a pharmaceutical company that had reached the final stage of production, but… One day, I was suddenly removed from my position. That Chief of Staff Oyamada, my superior at the time, took over the entire operation.

And lemme guess, he hosed it up?

Music: Alleycat

I don’t know if he did it for glory or just money, but he rushed completion to use it on a patient named Miwa. When it was administered, there was an adverse reaction, and she went into critical condition. Oyamada panicked and blamed me. Miwa-chan and her family have resented me ever since. I couldn’t change that no matter what I said.
Sorry, what part of that is supposed to be your fault? You kept talking like you had this grave secret and then it turns out it’s got almost nothing to do with you. It’s a little contrived, if I’m being honest. But, uh, sorry that happened anyway.

Well, that doesn’t matter… The development of the medicine was suspended, so I had no reason to stay at that hospital. At least now I can keep working as a general practitioner, on my own terms… with my guinea pig.

Oh gently caress, that’s me!
Haven’t you realized? That’s the medicine I’ve been testing on you. It’s in the final stage. It searches for the offensive cells and destroys them. It’s… probably harmless for people without Crawford-Ende’s. Probably.
If it doesn’t do anything to me, how do you even know if it works? Is this just to make sure I don’t immediately explode or something when I drink it?
Eyes on the prize, my guinea pig. You’ve made it this far, so I’ll increase my selection just for you.

It feels like my bond with Takemi is growing even deeper…

So, we’ve finally unlocked the SP Adhesive 3 catalog. I mentioned it in passing earlier, but… we’re not going to be buying them! Skill accessories are just categorically better, and I really appreciate that instead of removing or nerfing the SP regen accessories in Royal they just gave you so many better options that they’re just obsolete.

Looks like I’ll be renting that Halloween costume after all…

…Oh, sorry, that’s all I wanted to talk to you about. You can go home now.
I feel like cooperating in that shady clinical trial has increased my Guts

Maaku gains Guts +1.

For that event, we chose options 1, 1, 2 (+3).

Also… sorry for the long talk today. I wasn’t planning on telling you all that.

But… it was also a good reminder. This is something I have to do, as the Plague.

If there are no issues with this latest sample, I think we’re right on the edge of finally finishing it…

I have to go. See you later.

Daytime → Evening

Music: Beneath the Mask

After what Akechi said, it’s pissing me off to just do nothing!
I don’t think we should just let him keep bad-mouthing us with no response… Especially if the police are mobilizing…
Let us meet at the hideout tomorrow and discuss things then.

If you got time, you wanna go right now? We could definitely use a break, but it’s also good research for our next target. I just can’t sit still.

We have another message from Ryuji. He apparently wants to go play darts. No thanks though, it’s Yoshida day.

Please know that you can direct your criticism and outrage at me! I, Toranosuke Yoshida, will someday find a way to address your concerns in Nagatacho…

How’s your schoolwork? I’m scheduled to give a speech today, but one thing about it will be different… I could use your help, as usual. Do you mind?

There will be cameras coming today, apparently.

Ooh, publicity!

I don’t feel good about that, but I couldn’t decline… Regardless, we will do as we have always done.

Sun Rank 5: Part 63

Music: What’s Going On?

That is the mindset we politicians must instill in our constituents!

Hm? Oh, the filming, right.

(Director) Okay, we should be able to get a lot of interesting footage. It IS No-Good Tora, after all.
Advocate an overly optimistic policy only to lure in voters during the election season… That’s how No-Good Tora thought and operated twenty years ago, making unachievable pledges.
Hm, this isn’t how I saw this going…
If you make a promise, you must keep it. If you make a mistake, you must atone for it. These are basic human principles that we have all learned from the youngest of ages…
Boring.
He’s making some pretty good points, don’t you think?
That’s why it’s all useless!

Yo, shut up! Tora’s trying to give a speech!
Huh?
Hey, don’t I know you…? Hmm…

Wait, that’s it! You’re the rear end in a top hat who grabbed Kasumi! Mother*fucker*!
What’s this kid talking about?
*sweating* Heh, I dunno. Weird kid, right? Let’s just get outta here and never mention it again.

However, I’ve been distancing myself from that. Do you think I’ve regained my confidence?

What? Oh, yeah, totally. Sorry, Yoshida, but can I go early today? I need to go find that dude and break his camera-slash-face.

Even if I’ve become confident again, I must never forget my disgrace as No-Good Tora. I’d like to tell you a story.
Ah, man, my revenge…

I mentioned this before, but twenty years ago, I was lucky enough to become a Diet member. However, I wanted to be a politician for all the wrong reasons. I wanted to be in a position of power, and I was obsessed with the glamorous lifestyle. I thought only of being popular. I truly was “No-Good Tora”… Learn from me. Don’t let being a member of the Diet be your only goal in life. Voters are much more sensible than we give them credit for.

Not so sure about that one, chief.

Being ambitious and striving to advance in the political world will change your outlook on life.
Yoshida eagerly gave me advice… I feel like my bond with Yoshida is growing deeper...

You’re… Mr. Kuramoto’s grandson?
That’s correct. I’m his grandson, Benzo.
Does he know that you’re here speaking with me now?
I’ m aware that you and my grandfather are on bad terms, but that doesn’t concern me.

You know about him?
My grandfather was recently hospitalized, and you’ve become the topic of our conversations. I’d like to talk with you again sometime. I learned a lot from your speech today.

Matsushita…? Sorry, I have to take care of some business. Let’s wrap this up for today.
I feel like listening to Yoshida’s speech has served to increase my Charm…

Maaku gains Charm +2.

Good job.

Line Changes!!!!!!

When Sojiro and Yusuke are talking about why Sojiro took in Maaku, Sojiro’s line “Doesn’t take much when someone takes consideration on someone else.” is now “You know how it is. Sympathy makes you do stupid things sometimes.” The original line was pretty bad, so this is a marked improvement.

Arist fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 8, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This one's a little short, I know, but I was worried about hitting the character limit if I went to the next natural stopping point.

...I say it's a little short but it's still like 70 images and 30k characters, lmao

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Oh, I never found Sakai when I played Royal. I hope he doesn't offer anything too good

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I love my son, Scared-Namazu-on-a-Horse.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That line change is... the original sounds like bad subtitles from a bootleg.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Arist posted:

I don’t know if he did it for glory or just money, but he rushed completion to use it on a patient named Miwa. When it was administered, there was an adverse reaction, and she went into critical condition. Oyamada panicked and blamed me. Miwa-chan and her family have resented me ever since. I couldn’t change that no matter what I said.
Sorry, what part of that is supposed to be your fault? You kept talking like you had this grave secret and then it turns out it’s got almost nothing to do with you. It’s a little contrived, if I’m being honest. But, uh, sorry that happened anyway.

Losing a job for contrived reasons is definitely realistic, though this situation sounds like she should not be at fault in the modern age of 21st century in a medical setting, and if anything, she should have some legal recourse on what happened (but I am not a lawyer, let alone a lawyer in Japan).

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A running theme is that the law protects those in power, and binds only those out of power. Takemi has no power, and thus is hosed.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Arist posted:

At a university… some words I can’t read! (The context suggests it’s visiting day for high school students or something like that)

It's for mock entrance exams (which is presumably the "it" Akechi says is starting soon) but yeah for the purposes of the scene it doesn't particularly matter besides 'reason students from different schools would be in the same place'.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wait Akechi actually goes to a school? I figured he just brooded in his house and threw darts at the picture of Joker he has on his wall.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
He probably mostly does, but appearances must be kept for the (2nd) Detective Prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

resurgam40 posted:

He probably mostly does, but appearances must be kept for the (2nd) Detective Prince.

It's also possible he knows Makoto will be there from Sae and is there just to poo poo on Makoto for fun/complicated plans to mess with the phantom thieves.

But the outfit he wears is in fact a school uniform.