Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

DeafNote posted:

I still like how Ann allows the conversation to continue in a completely different setting just to make sure the animated cutscene still makes sense.

Also, yes it is a sad day.

Is there any animated cutscene in this game that isn't completely contrived compared to how the rest of the scene is playing out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

The URL for the video of the Kamoshida fight is borked.

But uhhhh, yeah...I do get the intent of including cognitive versions of Mishima and Shiho (have the boss summon cognitive versions of the people they abuse as helpers) since the original only did that with Ann and then never really did anything with that idea, but :wtc: at Cognitive Shiho. It's worse when you realize cognitive Mishima is just his banged up model from earlier recycled, but Atlus went out of their way to make a whole new model for Shiho, and they went with that.

Yeah same. That Shiho is very :catstare:.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I think that the problems with Ann are less problems with her as a character (she’s fine, if a bit boring) and more the mega narrative where the game is constantly drooling over her after having had this introduction.

It’s also weird when Yusuke is all over her because outside of his intro and the weird separate dimension that is the anime cutscenes in this game, he’s not that into her. But it happens right after this arc so it just makes him and the rest of the cast (and by extension the writers) look god awful.