Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I just finished this game for myself. Apart from obvious new content, they made a ton of localization fixes to some of the more ridiculously translated lines, which I hope you show off.

Also, you're absolutely goddamned insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Arist posted:

Warning you now, I’m gonna mark out hard like a fuckin’ idiot every time they hide a future Confidant in an early scene :haw:

Wrestling fans are easy to find in the wild based off the language they use :P

Also, really good job with pointing out the dialogue changes so far. It'll also be good to have as a reference, because when I say that they fixed a lot of the badly localised lines for Royal, people always ask for examples.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

The conversation with the principal is different in Royal too. In the old one he says something almost totally nonsensical and it got cleaned up a lot and re-recorded here.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Robbie Daymond is still my favourite, but Max Mittelman wins for sheer amount of lines that made me stop and say "drat, that was a great delivery."

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I genuinely think Last Surprise is one of the weakest battle themes in the series. It beats Persona 2 for sure but I'd take nearly any other battle theme over it.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Well it's good that they're pronounced the same way in the anime for the sake of consistency. They're in too deep now, they have to keep doubling down.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

rannum posted:

Think you missed the mark a little

No no, this is indeed the series where you summon the various crazy creatures to fight for you, each with different moves, stats, strengths and weaknesses.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I think Abby Trott sounds significantly better. She sounds more like an actual person to me than the prior artificial-sounding deep voice. The old VA sounded like she was in her 30s or 40s, whereas I think Abby sounds late 20s or so, which fits a lot more.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I think I got my money's worth from the Persona DLC pack when I heard Xander Mobus try to say "Izanagi-no-Okami Picaro" within a second.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

StolenTeeth posted:

You know what new Shiho content I would've appreciated? If she was a party member instead of Ann.

I just wanted her to have a confidant. I like her, she's neat.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Tycoon is great. Every time you get a new party member, ending their existence in Tycoon is a rite of passage.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

The P3 MC is a loving dork who runs with his hands in his pockets. He sucks.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

how do i get cowboy paint off a dog .

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

'Student Called Yoshizawa' still annoys me as Kasumi's identifier for most of this section. I don't get it, if you know what she's called, how is her name not just Yoshizawa until you get better acquainted with her?

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

TheKirbs posted:

To be perfectly fair most online fans in the past decase don't believe anyone can be platonic friends.

Or platonic enemies. Or platonic family members. Or platonic accuatencies. or even platonic stangers who have never met and have nothing in common.

I see the way Morgana looks at Yoshida. You can't convince me there isn't a spark there.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Your dialogue is really funny, man. I could see it in a high-quality Abridged series or something.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

TheKirbs posted:

How did you manage to use the same option twice?

Anytime I repeated any type I was guaranteed to get an accident.

Same

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Personally Joker's personas talking in his head reminds me of embarrassing Naruto fanfics where the nine tailed fox comments on everything he does

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Hwurmp posted:

why does Kawakami change into the maid outfit if it's her day off

In case she's spotted it's less problematic for them for some maid (possible sex worker) to be coming to a student's house after hours than their own teacher.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

How could you replace Morgana saying "poo poo"?! By far the most shocking change for Royal.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I wasn't interested in Q2 because it didn't get dubbed.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I love that the universal reaction to it is "...What??? The gently caress did this come from?"

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think they're supposed to be the same girls who apologize for judging Ann once Shido confesses, though I certainly can't be assed to check.

Fairly sure they are, they have, iirc, the same voice actor. The dead giveaway is that one of the girls is the only person in the game who pronounces Takamaki correctly.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Tanaka is more powerful than even Nyx and hanging out with him can avert the apocalypse.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Arist posted:

In Haru’s Rank 4 event, the option “Kthx.” when Haru tells you she’ll pay for your cup is now “Cheers.” Boo! Boo I say!

I noticed this when I played the first time too. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

You can lose your homunculus in the loving challenge battles? Ain't that some poo poo?

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Big fan of Yusuke's link. And dammit I want a full-size print of Desire and Hope on my wall.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Yeah, and it should make the sound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Arist posted:

Um, what I’m trying to say is, even if your life is full of worries, it’s best for you not to obsess over them.

I’ll keep on rooting for all of you to have the best lives possible, even after I’m long gone.

This speech hits so loving different since Billy Kametz died. Rest in peace, you legend.