Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Ailments from guns are hella good, especially if they're Shock or maybe Freeze.

The other ones maybe not but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I definitely absolutely adore the changes to Baton Pass, if for no other reason than making it feel like it's actually an element of the battle system they meant to include and not just like... some weird thing they just slapped in.

I also can't overstate how nice it is that Morgana (I think Morgana always does it, as long as he's present? Maybe I'm just misremembering, though) gives hints about the Shadow's personality. Makes it so much easier to remember.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

One of the gross things about Challenge Battles I don't think you mentioned is that all of them besides the Trial set are DLC-only.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I think Kamoshida's my least favorite of the revamped fights in Royal, mostly because it feels like the changes just... are changes. They don't play into the battle system or anything; the closest you get is Cognitive Suzui and that gives you... one extra turn.

The good news is that the next boss does actually do cool stuff with its changes! The bad news is that it's probably the peak for me, at least not counting bosses added wholesale for Royal. :v: