Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

3 flipped house ghosts : Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin

1 house ghost left: Hufflepuff

Sorting hat will tell us their true house.
It will find the hufflepuff.

TT is the only person who hasnt claimed a house, everyone else has claimed something OTHER than hufflepuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

CapnAndy posted:

How would the hat help us find ghosts?

The ghosts are each a different house - a Hufflepuff result would be a strong signal that that's the last house ghost (assuming there are 4 but why wouldn't there be)

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Whoops preview before replying.

I could claim my house flavor if everyone would like me to? Do we have a list of everyone else's claimed houses?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Whoops preview before replying.

I could claim my house flavor if everyone would like me to? Do we have a list of everyone else's claimed houses?

I think it would only help at this point.

CapnAndy - Ravenclaw
Jose Valasquez - Gryffindor
Kashuno - Ravenclaw I think?
Leith Maclaine - Gryffindor
Mr. Humalong - Peaves
Pussy Quipped - Slytherin
Tom Tucker - ???

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Whoops I misspelled Peeves I'm so sorry Humalong.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah I don't think it could hurt. My character's exact house isn't ever discussed. I think my result would be similar to Professor Binns with a "likely" house or two. I feel confident it would not be "likely" Hufflepuff and would be happily hatted if needed, but I feel like if anything I'd be suspected as a death eater since my review of KCW nailed Mikujin, the godfather, which would be a pretty bold bus on my end if I was a ghost.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah I don't think it could hurt. My character's exact house isn't ever discussed. I think my result would be similar to Professor Binns with a "likely" house or two. I feel confident it would not be "likely" Hufflepuff and would be happily hatted if needed, but I feel like if anything I'd be suspected as a death eater since my review of KCW nailed Mikujin, the godfather, which would be a pretty bold bus on my end if I was a ghost.

You did go to hogwarts though? You wouldnt get a result like merk?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

who are you then

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Just got home, I've got to get some actual work done but I'll have a full explanation of my actions in the game later today.

Tom Tucker posted:

For what it's worth I can confirm this is accurate for who he was given as a fake claim if he is scum (or his real character if he is town). His character would probably return as "Gryffindor, maybe Ravenclaw" or something like that.

Tom can you hold off claiming your character until I have a chance to write my post?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Tom can you hold off claiming your character until I have a chance to write my post?

Also do you have any concerns if I reveal your character?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I'm not sure how you know my character? I'm not wild about it but honestly don't see how it could hurt so go ahead.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Kashuno posted:

who are you then

This raises my haunches.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There is literally no benefit to being cagey at this point

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As we can clearly see becauselook where Jose being cagey got him

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Kashuno posted:

As we can clearly see becauselook where Jose being cagey got him

Jose wasn't cagey he literally stole and delayed an investigative item. I'm not into full claims for full claims sake. This game isn't "solved" yet and it certainly isn't going to be by night actions and flavor claims.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

Jose wasn't cagey he literally stole and delayed an investigative item. I'm not into full claims for full claims sake. This game isn't "solved" yet and it certainly isn't going to be by night actions and flavor claims.

He was being cagey by not coming forward saying he took it yesterday especially when others were getting accused. Also, no one is saying the game will be solved by you coming forward but your refusal to at this stage of the game is real weird.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Kashuno posted:

He was being cagey by not coming forward saying he took it yesterday especially when others were getting accused. Also, no one is saying the game will be solved by you coming forward but your refusal to at this stage of the game is real weird.

Strong disagree.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Pussy Quipped posted:

loving amni.

Alright y’all I solved the game. You can thank me later.
##vote Jose

Jose is ghost and either leith/TT or both are death eaters.

I agree on Jose, I roleblocked him last night and only one kill.

##vote Jose

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I’m Percy Weasley, while working at the Ministry of Magic I came across a list of 5 people that the ministry was planning to kill because they are suspected death eaters. I had been a good employee up until then, but I couldn’t just let them kill these people so I defected. My goal was to stop the killer before they finished the list, and once that was accomplished, assist the town in rooting out any remaining anti-town parties. PQ was on the list and that’s why while we were in the RoR I hinted very strongly that I knew he was a target and why I gave him a protection potion as we were exiting the RoR.

The list of people I needed to protect was
Flitwick
Hagrid
Neville
Snape
Ginny

Based on the flavor of the Flitwick kill I was very confident that OFFICER LIGER was the killer (I took a muggle gun from the ministry when I left, I suspected he did the same), so when he escaped execution I used my 1 shot vig to take him out and fulfill the first portion of my win condition.

Notably absent from my list is Dumbledore, which is what first set off my suspicions of Leith. He is the only person that has claimed to be a target that was not on my list. On D2 when he first claimed I thought for sure he was either the actual launcher, or scum pretending to be a launcher target. Once Kash claimed Leith was 100% town I took a step back, I thought Kash was soft-claiming something stronger than “I saw him roleblock Sci” so I backed off, after rereading my flavor I realized that it is hinted at that there could be additional targets. I’m a notorious flavor not-carer because it usually doesn’t matter, so I only skimmed it the first time. This is when I also realized it was ambiguous whether or not the people on the list were town. Once kcw flipped I knew that the list was not an indication of alignment.

I’ve got the ability to find out someone’s flavor character, which is how I knew Kash was a ghost but not a house ghost. (He’s Moaning Myrtle)

Jose Valasquez posted:

Kashuno is a ghost

Jose Valasquez posted:

Not one of the house ghosts though, I missed that part :ohdear:

I thought I had hosed up and made myself a target without even catching scum, but I honestly don’t think anyone except Kash noticed that I soft-claimed the ability to know who is who. I know at least the fakeclaim of everyone remaining in the game due to a combo of RoR and my ability. Tom is Mad Eye Moody, he’s the only other person who hadn’t claimed that wasn't in the RoR with me. For flavor reasons Kash being a ghost but not a house ghost more or less clears him for me (Same for Humalong). I don’t think either of them are a house ghost or a death eater based on their flavor (death eaters pretending to be ghosts would be odd). I guess there is a possibility that a house ghost would pretend to be another ghost, but I think it is unlikely.

This ability only tells me their fake claim character though, Mikujin came back as Neville Longbottom (I suspected this ever since kcw flipped since his alignment didn’t matter to me until after LIGER was dead)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Leith Maclaine posted:

I agree on Jose, I roleblocked him last night and only one kill.

##vote Jose

Thank you for confirming that I did not kill zzyzx.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

For the record, I had the "You have the feeling something is wrong" flavor when I woke up again today. It specifically said that I've had this feeling before followed by saying my wand is in the corner of the room.

I think Leith is scum. I think that maybe Aurors (and I guess ghosts since Humalong says he got it too) can sense when an action was performed by scum. Tom have you gotten any flavor along those lines?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hm. I think Leith might be a ghost role blocker and used their RB to set up Jose to die today

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I know at least the fakeclaim of everyone remaining in the game due to a combo of RoR and my ability.
I'd very much like to hear this list.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Hm. I think Leith might be a ghost role blocker and used their RB to set up Jose to die today

I think this is exactly what happened

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I'd very much like to hear this list.

Is anyone against me posting this list?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jose are you self aligned like liger ?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also I can confirm everything Jose said about me is true and he did give me a protection potion which is why I was suspicious he stole it yesterday.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

Jose are you self aligned like liger ?

I am town aligned but could only win if LIGER was stopped before completing his list.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Everyone can already infer who I am from your post so just spill the beans imo

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I can confirm that is my flavor and I can't think of any other way Jose would know about it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Actually I can do it I think?
Jose -Percy
Andy- cho
Humalong - peeves
Kashuno - moaner
Me - snape
Leith - dumbledore
TT - moody

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Confirm that I am Dumbledore.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I already mentioned Kash and Tom's characters, PQ is right about him being outed by the list, Leith has been dying for the moment when everyone would know who he is, and Andy/Humalong have already claimed so here's the full list:

CapnAndy - Cho Chang
Kashuno - Moaning Myrtle
Leith Maclaine - Dumbledore
Mr. Humalong - Peeves
Pussy Quipped - Snape
Tom Tucker - Mad Eye Moody

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I actually find this highly believable - the only pieces that give me pause is not noticing that it said there might be scum on the list, that seems like a pretty big thing to miss, even if you skip flavor. I'm also wondering about the win condition itself - you're invested in protecting several people, but apparently there were some that weren't even on your list - Jose can you confirm now that you stopped Liger if everyone else who was on Liger's list dies, but the town still wins, do you win?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The fact that you had scum on your list to protect makes me cautious to believe you are town-aligned

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
All right, who wants to play backseat mod with me? Here's Jose's list, with my additions:

Jose Valasquez posted:

The list of people I needed to protect was
Flitwick - flipped town
Hagrid - flipped town
Neville - flipped fakeclaim (ghost)
Snape - claimed by PQ
Ginny - flipped fakeclaim (ghost)
Half scum, half town. As a list of targets for a 3P killer, which we already knew Liger was, it's good game design... except it's only targeting one of the two scumgroups. There's three options here:
  • Believe a 3P killer would not be required to get a kill from at least one of each alignment
  • Decide Jose is lying
  • Decide PQ is a Death Eater
Two of these three options basically mandate an execution.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

I actually find this highly believable - the only pieces that give me pause is not noticing that it said there might be scum on the list
The things I missed were in the backstory of the character, I skimmed over it the first time through because it never matters (lesson learned). I always skip to my win condition and abilities.

quote:

I'm also wondering about the win condition itself - you're invested in protecting several people, but apparently there were some that weren't even on your list - Jose can you confirm now that you stopped Liger if everyone else who was on Liger's list dies, but the town still wins, do you win?

I had a win condition and a lose condition,
My lose condition was (paraphrasing to avoid quoting mod communications): the ministry official complete's their kill list before you can stop them
My win condition is: all of the anti-Hogwarts forces are stopped

Once LIGER was dead the list didn't matter since there are scum pretending to be people on the list

Pussy Quipped posted:

The fact that you had scum on your list to protect makes me cautious to believe you are town-aligned

Not to get too meta-meta-gamey, but Token knows I like interesting/difficult roles and I've been bugging her to run this game for literally years, so I think this might have been artisanally crafted to mess with me because it has actually been quite stressful! I was very lucky that LIGER was a moron because going into day 4 I thought I was mega-boned

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I’m getting a migraine, so I’m going to nap for a few hours. I’m happy to answer questions later today

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hum, did you ever hat Leith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Hum, did you ever hat Leith?

Yeah, he’s a Gryffindor.