Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

Jose let me ask you this - what was gained by your claim?

The town doesn't lose the game because they launched the wrong person. PQ confirmed that I told him I was very interested in him living in the RoR and that I gave him a potion to protect himself that same night and that he knew he was a target before I said anything. How is that the action of someone trying to help LIGER kill people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

The town doesn't lose the game because they launched the wrong person. PQ confirmed that I told him I was very interested in him living in the RoR and that I gave him a potion to protect himself that same night and that he knew he was a target before I said anything. How is that the action of someone trying to help LIGER kill people?

Also I did the math and a mislunch today means we almost certainly lose.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Holy poo poo Tom you used your potion didn't you?

You know if we launch a townie you can kill multiple people tonight and win

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Didn’t he claim it was stolen days ago?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I mean obviously that could be a lie but then how did all the double kills happen?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

It is consistent with your claim or with someone trying to protect people on the list, it's also consistent with someone looking to get some townie cred, you were real eager to announce to the thread that you'd given it to someone - at that point I don't think we even knew those were a thing?

Pander announces Liger visited Hal on N2, to which Jose says:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Surprising no one

##vote liger

Should have surprised you you were arguing in his favor all game to that point.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Definitely loling at Tom suddenly being much more active after days of coasting

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I mean obviously that could be a lie but then how did all the double kills happen?

2 S C U M T E A M S

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

I got the message it was gone days ago, night 4 I believe.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

2 S C U M T E A M S

Oh so we completely gave up on the flavor thing huh

I can’t keep up with all of you muddying the waters

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh please.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

It is consistent with your claim or with someone trying to protect people on the list, it's also consistent with someone looking to get some townie cred, you were real eager to announce to the thread that you'd given it to someone - at that point I don't think we even knew those were a thing?
Yes, I was aligned with LIGER and wanted to help him kill PQ by warning PQ and giving him a protection potion. I wanted to help him so much that I shot him as soon as I had the chance. :rolleyes:

Your argument just doesn't make logical sense and you know it. Why would I waste my one shot on the dude that I'm trying to help? If it wasn't one shot why does my kill flavor change? If I am responsible for the double kills how did 3 people die on the night I killed LIGER?

quote:

Pander announces Liger visited Hal on N2, to which Jose says:

Should have surprised you you were arguing in his favor all game to that point.
You ignore the fact that I was in the RoR all day on D3, the first time anyone talked about him beyond stupid "profile clicking" cases. The entirety of my "defense" of LIGER was disagreeing that clicking on someone's profile is a scum tell.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh so we completely gave up on the flavor thing huh

I can’t keep up with all of you muddying the waters

What was the flavor thing? Has anyone denied there being two scum teams since Ecco flipped and we saw that there are definitively two scum teams?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mr. Humalong posted:

Like seriously your whole participation in this game boils down to "shitposting" and "had a hat".

Mr. Humalong posted:

Those are the only two still alive that I used my hat on. I was going to use it on Jose the night he stole it, which he can apparently do in addition to having a 1-shot vig and whatever else he claimed in that giant, elaborate fakeclaim post.

I'm literally agreeing with you that it's a giant fake post and all you're doing is throwing shade at me. It's opportunistic (you and PQ both).

Mr. Humalong posted:

We know of two haste potions that were in the game and we had what appears to be two double-kill nights (actually 3)

You never addressed this - why do you think there were two haste potions? Did I miss something?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

Like seriously your whole participation in this game boils down to "shitposting" and "had a hat".

I'm literally agreeing with you that it's a giant fake post and all you're doing is throwing shade at me. It's opportunistic (you and PQ both).

You never addressed this - why do you think there were two haste potions? Did I miss something?
Jesus Tom you can't even remember what you posted

Tom Tucker posted:

I can actually probably shed some light on this. At one point I had a potion of haste item. I could give it away or use it on someone. I would use it on night X, and then on night X+1 they are able to perform double actions. Notably I was told if they used two potions of haste they would be roleblocked, implying there were more out there. Mine was stolen from me before I could use it on anyone.

I originally went back to find this because if the way you describe the potion is accurate, and this is the explanation for double killing curses/strangles, then why were there two killing curses N1?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

What does this mean?

I can actually probably shed some light on this. At one point I had a potion of haste item. I could give it away or use it on someone. I would use it on night X, and then on night X+1 they are able to perform double actions. Notably I was told if they used two potions of haste they would be roleblocked, implying there were more out there. Mine was stolen from me before I could use it on anyone.

Someone doing a strange or a killing curse would very easily use the potion night X, and that would be their action so no kill, and then the next night there would be two kills. It would also be very possible for a scum member to use their action to give it to someone else, which would result in one strangle the first night and two the night after, assuming they were unblocked / docd / etc.

It was a post you made lol

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

Jesus Tom you can't even remember what you posted

I originally went back to find this because if the way you describe the potion is accurate, and this is the explanation for double killing curses/strangles, then why were there two killing curses N1?

I have no idea what happened night 1 - I think I even mention that in the post where I talk about it but on my phone right now, but if I was the only town who knew about it it was important for everyone to know because otherwise people might try to, oh I don’t know, try to say they are not scum because they were doing something else like Leith with PQs help tried to do.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Mr. Humalong posted:

It was a post you made lol

I suspected there were more because of the description. I didn’t know if there were, and I certainly didn’t say there were two.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ok, I've seen enough, Tom was trying push what he thought was going to be an easy launch to win but forgot that it should make any sense at all

##vote Tom Tucker

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm open to this idea as well, the hat seems like a primarily ghost-hunting tool
Yeah so, stop right there and explain this. How is the hat better at catching ghosts than death eaters?

Pussy Quipped posted:

Also I did the math and a mislunch today means we almost certainly lose.
There's three ghosts and two death eaters down. Even in the absolute worst case scenario -- two DEs and one ghost remain, both teams get off nightkills, both teams hit town -- Day 9 would be a no-lynch and it'd come down to night action bingo. Even then we'd have an outside chance.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
For the record I think Tom's scum but this is very worth being cautious about.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We could no lunch today and force them to decide who they want to clear by killing

But I think it would be better to try and lunch someone we think is scum

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

We could no lunch today and force them to decide who they want to clear by killing
It's a nice idea but that just kicks the can down the road to tomorrow, when we'll definitely be in LYLO.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

or they choose to not kill and we sit here

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Tom Tucker posted:

Someone doing a strange or a killing curse would very easily use the potion night X, and that would be their action so no kill, and then the next night there would be two kills. It would also be very possible for a scum member to use their action to give it to someone else, which would result in one strangle the first night and two the night after, assuming they were unblocked / docd / etc.

Here's the relevant post I made about haste potions. It's for sure possible Hum misinterpreted this, but the way he said this:

Mr. Humalong posted:

We know of two haste potions that were in the game and we had what appears to be two double-kill nights (actually 3)

Emphasis mine means that he had actual knowledge of another haste potion. There was nothing in the world that means we "knew" of two haste potions. I think this is a legit scum slip.

Jose you claim to have a one-shot vig and access to at least one protection potion. Pretty powerful. Do you have access to any other potions?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

or they choose to not kill and we sit here

only a smooth brained coward would withhold a night kill

realtalk they would probably both try to kill me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

Here's the relevant post I made about haste potions. It's for sure possible Hum misinterpreted this, but the way he said this:

Emphasis mine means that he had actual knowledge of another haste potion. There was nothing in the world that means we "knew" of two haste potions. I think this is a legit scum slip.

Jose you claim to have a one-shot vig and access to at least one protection potion. Pretty powerful. Do you have access to any other potions?

you are a goddamn moron lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tom is wildly all over the place. If DE's had 3 people he's def the last one.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Jose Valasquez (2): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (2): Kashuno, Jose Valasquez

Not Voting (3): CapnAndy, Mr. Humalong, Pussy Quipped

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Humalong posted:

No lunch, what a disgusting concept. Would volunteer myself before supporting a no lunch.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

OK my feelings on Jose are not going to be clear without a full claim. As Mad Eye Moody I’m a watcher, I target someone and see whoever targets them, pretty standard. The wrinkle is some added flavor around this where it’s implied with the magical eye I can see through things (I figured this referenced someone having an invisibility cloak), but it’s not infallible. I honestly still don’t know what this means, and it may be there are other ways to get around the watch, but I suspect it has to do with Polyjuice potion. To see why here’s my full list of watches - I haven't had any failed yet:

Night 1: Officer Liger, no results.
Night 2: KCW – I saw Merk enter the room. I also made eye contact with Spoonsy. This is why I flipped on my feelings on KCW Day 3 since I knew Merk was telling the truth about the target. This is also why I was trying to engage with Spoonsy on whether he needed me to claim when he was discussing his power, it would have outed me as at least a power role.
Night 3: Officer Liger, no results.
Night 4: Officer Liger, Dexanth targeted him, figured Dex was a town vig. No other results except my potion was gone.
Night 5: Watched zzyzx, Ecco targeted him. At this point I figured zzyzx would be a magnet for scum actions so I was locked in on him. I Played this result cool in thread and simply said “happy to vote ecco” since it was already clear Ecco was done and there was no need for me to claim to ensure it.
Night 6: Watched zzyzx, Amni targeted him. Assumed Amni was another scum roleblocker so I pushed him really hard that day. The flip really threw me.
Night 7: Watched zzyzx, Leith targeted him.

So this all comes down to Night 6 when I saw Amni target zzyzx when he was roleblocked. I was 100% drat sure Amni was scum, it would explain why Spoonsy saw him target DBD, explain my suspicion, and only one person targeted zzyzx that night and zzyzx was roleblocked. When Amni flipped town it was baffling. I don’t think he was a misguided lying town – I think someone was impersonating him. Seeing Leith target zzyzx as the only person when he was killed would have been a home run, but now I don’t trust any of my night actions.

This changed when Jose claims he killed Liger. I was watching Liger that night, I assumed someone would target him after the launch dodge, which would give me opportunity to confirm things. I suspected Dexanth was a town vig.

Now, though, after Jose’s claim, I know of three failed or inconsistent results of who targeted whom:

1) Spoonsy seeing Amni target DBD night 2 (both flipped town)
2) Me seeing Amni target zzyzx night 6 (Both flipped town)
3) Me only seeing Dexanth target Liger night 4 (when Jose has claimed to have done so)
4) Potential fourth – me seeing Leith target zzyzx, I no longer trust it

I do, however, have at least two successful watches, of Merk targeting KCW and Ecco targeting zzyzx, which I believe because Ecco flipped roleblocker.

Thus the only potential solution to this, from my perspective, is that Polyjuice potion is around, and people are using it to when doing scummy actions. I imagine Ecco didn’t do so because they would be limited and he was already dead.

This would make sense with the idea that my eye would help me see through some things (initially I assumed scum had an invisibility cloak, but when Liger jumped out the window I assumed it had something to do with that and that I’d see him climbing into rooms from the OUTSIDE, since Spoonsy made a point about always watching peoples DOORs) but not all things, and I’m assuming Polyjuice trumps the watching power.

So if that’s the case I have no idea who targeted zzyzx on night 6, and I can doubt my results on Dexanth targeting Liger and Leith targeting zzyzx. But I do know that only one person targeted Liger the night he died – and Jose says he was there. The simplest solution to me is that Jose was using Polyjuice when targeting Liger or is lying about having targeted him.

Personally I think he’s lying about killing Liger. I think one of two things happened:

1) Dex WAS a one-shot vig or had gotten ahold of a gun somehow, and Jose didn’t target Liger that night, and is actually killing with a killing curse or strangle or both, but wants the cred for killing Liger.
2) Jose used a Polyjuice potion to impersonate Dex while killing Liger.

Since all of the “failed” results have resulted in suspicion on town I suspect Polyjuice is mostly confined to scum groups to counteract all of the watching / patronus / who knows what else, and either way Jose is lying by saying he killed Liger or is lying by not saying he used Polyjuice to do it.

That’s why I’m pushing him hard today, and I hope this clarifies my swap onto KCW as well as my push on Amni. It’s been a real pain having unpopular (and ultimately wrong in Amni’s case) opinions but not wanting to say why. I didn't want to give up the ghost on my night 7 result on Leith, which is why I pushed back on this whole roleblock thing, but I'm not confident enough to push it either with everything going around.

Hope this helps I will be back on later!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

:laffo: good job loving up your fake claim, Leith targeted me.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

:laffo: good job loving up your fake claim, Leith targeted me.

I know, I don't fully trust that result. I don't fully DISTRUST it either - that's why I pushed back very hard against people arguing this cleared him and brought up the haste potion as a possible explanation. It's also perfectly possible my night 7 result is 100% correct this time and Leith was haste-boosted and did two things. I think it's more likely someone used polyjuice when killing zzyzx knowing they would draw any tracking or watching.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom’s lying, I’m on my phone, will elaborate.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

OK actually going to be back later now I will stop my f5ing - I would like to hear what people other than Jose think.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

First I killed LIGER to steal his SK powers, then I didn't kill LIGER :thunk:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like there are way less potions in this game than people like TT are saying there are

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also don't buy N5 because Ecco was not a roleblocker, e+ was the roleblocker for that team. I am feeling pretty positive Ecco was the strangler on the DE team and did the kill that night.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

I targeted zzy last night.

I started the game with an invisibility cloak. While wearing it, I could not be watched, tracked, or targeted by most night actions. I had two options every night; I could wear it, which did not use up a night action and was thus very spiffy indeed, or I could give it away. Nights 1 through 6, I hid under my cloak. Last night I gave it to zzy. The plan was that he'd suddenly become immune to roleblocks and nightkills, leaving the town with a confirmed cop that the scum couldn't touch, and we'd win the game because what the gently caress are they gonna do about it.

As to why I didn't give the cloak to zzy on any previous night: I only thought it up on Night 6 and I took a gamble that the roleblock leash the scum had him on meant they wouldn't kill him, and that I was a likelier target, and I wanted to short-circuit a nightkill. After that only partially worked (they didn't kill zzy but they didn't try to get me either) and with us definitively entering the endgame, I wanted to act.

"But wait Andy you got a potion, had one stolen from you, and you said you had the feeling someone messed with your room that one night!": That's true. Like I said, the flavor on my cloak implied there were some things I could be targeted by, and I've developed a theory that in this game, actions targeting your person and and actions targeting your room are separate categories, and I was only protected from things targeting my person.

Incidentally, here is the breadcrumb I put down for if/when I'd ever have to claim this:

CapnAndy posted:

the scum will never kill me.
Get it? Get it??? I thought it was very clever.

Oh, and one more thing. The flavor on my cloak implied very strongly that I should not just go blabbing about my awesome cloak, because if the scum knew I had it, they had powers specifically to counter an invisibility cloak.

Tom Tucker posted:

The wrinkle is some added flavor around this where it’s implied with the magical eye I can see through things (I figured this referenced someone having an invisibility cloak)
Weird you'd mention that unprompted, buddy!

##vote Tom Tucker

he's lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

These fullclaims are loving insane because all I got was a goddamn hat that gives semi-useless results