Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

These fullclaims are loving insane because all I got was a goddamn hat that gives semi-useless results
I actually have a theory on that too. Check it out:

Ghosts
KCW - Gryffindor/Gryffindor
Sand - Slytherin/Ravenclaw
Miku - Gryffindor/Slytherin
??? - ???/Hufflepuff

Death Eaters
E+ - Hufflepuff/Syltherin
Ecco - Gryffindor/Gryffindor
??? - ???/???
??? - ???/???

One member of each team, and only one, has a fakeclaim whose House matches their actual identity, and especially notably, neither one is that team's godfather. I think they're hat-godfathers and any other discrepencies found by the hat will indicate scum. (Well, obviously they would, because end all liars, but they were vulnerable to it all game is the point.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Ahahaha Andy what the HELL. You expect us to believe zzyzx was nailing scum from day 4 and you didn't think to give him your bulletproof untrackable item until night 7?!

How many times do I have to name drop the invisibility cloak in my post, and straight up say I don't trust night 7 results, before you realize I'm trying to protect you? I saw you go in under the cloak, but unlike Leith, you didn't claim to have been doing anything else that night, so Leith was either hasted up, lying, or impersonated, any 3 of which would make the "Leith" who targeted zzyzx the killer. I thus assumed you were some sort of town protective role and was trying as hard as I possibly could to signal INVISIBILITY CLOAK I CAN SEE THROUGH THEM and NIGHT 7 I TARGETED ZZYZX AGAIN so that I wouldn't have to out you as a town power role but you just barged right through it.

And now based on the fact you could have given the bulletproof roleblock proof cloak to our claimed cop at any time and only tried to do the night he just happened to die I'm kicking myself for putting myself on the line for that - because I firmly believe launch all liars and I DID leave this out so you can't trust me, but now it was pointless.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Well if you are town and either / both of Jose and PQ (and anyone else who can steal) who are scum are going to accio the hell out of that cloak, but don't worry, it won't be like we have a town watcher to keep them honest about it!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Weird how you "watched" two people visit the cop who died and it's me you're after

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Christ, that’s at least semi-plausible. Let me think about it.

##unvote

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

Weird how you "watched" two people visit the cop who died and it's me you're after

I'm voting for you honestly I'm suspicious of everyone. Just on my night actions it's:

Capn Andy for not giving the cloak up to zzyzx and targeting zzyzx (I didn't know that he had that option)
Leith for being seen visiting zzyzx
You for claiming you killed Liger but me only seeing Dexanth go in

And based on his posting style / scum slip (maybe) I'd go Hum, I'd go PQ for coasting and trying to push the Leith theory, hell I'd almost vote Kash just because I don't know wtf is going on with that role and posting and I don't like it. Hell I'd vote just about anyone. You were the one my initial logic pointed to.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Well if you are town and either / both of Jose and PQ (and anyone else who can steal) who are scum are going to accio the hell out of that cloak, but don't worry, it won't be like we have a town watcher to keep them honest about it!
The cloak is gone. I specifically asked TF what would happen if I gave it to zzy and he was nightkilled and/or roleblocked that night. I wouldn't have been nearly as forthcoming if it was still in the game.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

CapnAndy posted:

The cloak is gone. I specifically asked TF what would happen if I gave it to zzy and he was nightkilled and/or roleblocked that night. I wouldn't have been nearly as forthcoming if it was still in the game.

OK that makes me feel a LOT better about your claim actually.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If I'm the SK that you seem to think I am (or am I scum with PQ now? It's hard to keep it straight). Why haven't I been serial killing?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
TT I get youd vote everyone, and you’re pretty sure on Jose, but who else is scum

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

If I'm the SK that you seem to think I am (or am I scum with PQ now? It's hard to keep it straight). Why haven't I been serial killing?
There's no way you're scum with PQ. The only scum group with potentially two members remaining is the death eaters. You, PQ, and E+ all entered the RoR together. It absolutely beggars belief that an organized scumgroup would send three (potentially all they have) members into the room together.

Does anyone want to help me make sense of the nightkill flavors? If we assume flavor is specific to faction, then ghosts strangle and DEs use the killing curse, since miku ate an avada kedavra and the ghosts obviously wouldn't be killing their own dudes. The nightkills look like this:

Night 1: Two AKs
Night 2: AK, shot
Night 3: Strangle
Night 4: Strangle, AK, shot
Night 5: Two strangles
Night 6: Two AKs
Night 7: AK

If flavor is specific to faction, that's a lot of haste potions. If it's not, this entire line of speculation is pointless.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna again hammer the drum of STRANGLES ARE UNBLOCKABLE KILLS NOT FACTION SPECIFIC

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I’m gonna again hammer the drum of STRANGLES ARE UNBLOCKABLE KILLS NOT FACTION SPECIFIC
Also possible!

I'm trying to use the kills to guess if there's a house ghost left or not. Ecco was very sure there were only three and I don't think she lied about that, but she may have been wrong.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

There's no way you're scum with PQ. The only scum group with potentially two members remaining is the death eaters. You, PQ, and E+ all entered the RoR together. It absolutely beggars belief that an organized scumgroup would send three (potentially all they have) members into the room together.

Does anyone want to help me make sense of the nightkill flavors? If we assume flavor is specific to faction, then ghosts strangle and DEs use the killing curse, since miku ate an avada kedavra and the ghosts obviously wouldn't be killing their own dudes. The nightkills look like this:

Night 1: Two AKs
Night 2: AK, shot
Night 3: Strangle
Night 4: Strangle, AK, shot
Night 5: Two strangles
Night 6: Two AKs
Night 7: AK

If flavor is specific to faction, that's a lot of haste potions. If it's not, this entire line of speculation is pointless.

The shots were me and Liger. They were one shot kills.

Kashuno posted:

I think this is accurate. The two AK's on N1 don't make sense otherwise imo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

What makes you think Liger only had one shot?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Also possible!

I'm trying to use the kills to guess if there's a house ghost left or not. Ecco was very sure there were only three and I don't think she lied about that, but she may have been wrong.

##unvote

If you believe there is a ghost left there are only two options that makes sense. Jose was roleblocked as a ghost and unable to perform their kill last night OR Leith is a ghost roleblocker and chose to roleblock instead of kill to frame Jose

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Tom,

Do you believe Andy had the invisibility cloak as one time?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

What makes you think Liger only had one shot?

Because I had one shot too and the flavor matched, I stole mine from the ministry, he was a ministry agent. If LIGER had more than one shot he would have used it indiscriminately shooting into the crowd to hit a target

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno posted:

##unvote

If you believe there is a ghost left there are only two options that makes sense. Jose was roleblocked as a ghost and unable to perform their kill last night OR Leith is a ghost roleblocker and chose to roleblock instead of kill to frame Jose

And yet TT is claiming that Leith targetted zzxyz

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

There's so much poo poo going on I don't know - you got rbed, maybe protections, maybe kills were blocked by certain things. I'm willing to entertain theories.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I think this is accurate. The two AK's on N1 don't make sense otherwise imo

This is reasonable - there's little else that explains it.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Because I had one shot too and the flavor matched, I stole mine from the ministry, he was a ministry agent. If LIGER had more than one shot he would have used it indiscriminately shooting into the crowd to hit a target

This is a big leap from stating they were one-shot kills.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I made it very clear that that was my result but I am not sure that's what happened and painting it as me saying Leith targeted zzyzx is suspicious.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

I’m almost positive TT is a death eater. If there is a ghost remaining in this game, which flavor suggests there must be, I think it’s possibly Better from a town perspective to try and solve that issue now rather than later. I’m torn.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

There's so much poo poo going on I don't know - you got rbed, maybe protections, maybe kills were blocked by certain things. I'm willing to entertain theories.
Here's a theory: You weren't paying much attention to the game and you hosed up your original claim, so you made a different claim that is inconsistent with the first. Now you're throwing your hands up and saying "gee guys! I'm sooooo confused!"

quote:

This is a big leap from stating they were one-shot kills.
What is the big leap? I know mine was a one-shot kill, and LIGER, the guy who wanted to kill a bunch of people, only used his once on one of his targets.

quote:

I made it very clear that that was my result but I am not sure that's what happened and painting it as me saying Leith targeted zzyzx is suspicious.

I 100% without a doubt know that my wand was not where I left it, this has been claimed all game as Leith's ability. Leith said he targeted me with it. I'm willing to entertain the idea that Leith is a deatheater and lied about his ability (I said this earlier) and that his last remaining partner targeted me instead, but that still implicates Leith, not me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I doubt Leith is a death eater or they’d have two roleblockers

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I doubt Leith is a death eater or they’d have two roleblockers

We don't have any proof that Leith is a roleblocker, he has never targeted anyone that was using spells or lived to tell about it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think the wand thing might be a framer, they killed zzyzx but knew they couldn't block him and were afraid that might fail so they framed me, an obvious choice

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

Night 2: KCW – I saw Merk enter the room. I also made eye contact with Spoonsy. This is why I flipped on my feelings on KCW Day 3 since I knew Merk was telling the truth about the target. This is also why I was trying to engage with Spoonsy on whether he needed me to claim when he was discussing his power, it would have outed me as at least a power role.

Kloaked00 posted:

-Spoonsy sees Amnistar leaving DBD's room

Hey Tom why are you lying about N2?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Lol I just saw this and night 4 which is almost definitely a lie

and night 6

unless there's an endless amount of polyjuice potion running around

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Jose Valasquez posted:

What am I lying about N2? I watched KCW, Merk targeted him, Spoonsy appeared in a flash of light, we made weird eye contact, and both turned around. I'm as confused about why I made eye contact with Spoonsy as anyone else, but it's the truth.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I’m almost positive TT is a death eater. If there is a ghost remaining in this game, which flavor suggests there must be, I think it’s possibly Better from a town perspective to try and solve that issue now rather than later. I’m torn.

So, let's assume there is a ghost left in the game and let's ignore Tom's bullshit for the moment.

I think we're comfortable saying there is at most a single ghost.
If I was the ghost why would PQ back up my claim that I knew he was a target and I wanted to help him? He is not my ghost buddy because there is only one ghost.

Also, what is the benefit of my ability to see flavor character as a ghost?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

What am I lying about N2? I watched KCW, Merk targeted him, Spoonsy appeared in a flash of light, we made weird eye contact, and both turned around. I'm as confused about why I made eye contact with Spoonsy as anyone else, but it's the truth.

Did Spoonsy ever claim this? I only see Spoonsy saying he visited DBD's door on N2.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I mean if you're questioning whether Spoonsy and I made eye contact that night I tried to drop some hints at him to figure things out, based on the flavor of him appearing in a flash of light.

Tom Tucker posted:

I was going to examine yesterday assuming Amni and xopods were unconfirmed mason-buddies (which would explain the hammer before xopods could more fully claim) but now I want to see if you can shine some more light on this before I spend any hours digging through.

Tom Tucker posted:

I mean, yeah, I do. I don't want to put words in his mouth but Spoonsy started day 1 with a soft roleclaim. Seeing that, and knowing he was town, I'd want to see how it played out, then after seeing what was up he decided to claim having determined he could shine light on spoonsy, amni, and you all at once.

I have no idea why Spoonsy saw me the same night he says he saw Amni. My best theory was that his patronus was more of a "light up everything around" showing targets, targets of targets, etc. I referenced this here:

Tom Tucker posted:

Would Tokes make you “Tomato Soup’s house - The Role” to tuck with you?

I mean we all know she would.

Which is a reference to a crazy night in Heroes 1 where something similar happened.

I don't know why I saw Spoonsy that night. If I was scum and lying, why would I make it up? His night action doesn't overlap with mine. It gains me nothing.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Oh man, I'm gonna laugh so hard if someone hosed with your Mad Eye and you just constantly see wrong results.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

When Spoonsy claimed I was trying to suss out what was going on, since I know he saw me too.

Tom Tucker posted:

Spoonsy based on the night action how many people are we talking about here? How much do you think it would benefit to do a full reveal of people who have seen you?

Spoonsy posted:

Last night.

This is the first night that there were other people in a room I visited. As I said, Amni was a still unexplained (to me) added bonus of a glance

Tom Tucker posted:

Last night or a previous night?

Re-reading this as I put this together he straight up mentions that Amni was a bonus of a glance, that could be how it was connected?

Again I was trying to figure out what brought us together, I couldn't explain it. Making it up and claiming it would gain me nothing since everyone involved is dead, no?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Holy poo poo, that's it, every single one of your results is wrong

Tom Tucker posted:

Night 1: Officer Liger, no results.
LIGER claimed he had a potion stolen from him on N1. LIGER is a known liar, but kind of a weird claim to lie about on D2.

quote:

Night 2: KCW – I saw Merk enter the room. I also made eye contact with Spoonsy. This is why I flipped on my feelings on KCW Day 3 since I knew Merk was telling the truth about the target. This is also why I was trying to engage with Spoonsy on whether he needed me to claim when he was discussing his power, it would have outed me as at least a power role.
Spoonsy from what I can tell never references this although he is comfortable outing everyone else who visits a room.

quote:

Night 3: Officer Liger, no results.
I don't think we know anything about what LIGER did on N3 or any visitors he might have had, so this one is inconclusive

quote:

Night 4: Officer Liger, Dexanth targeted him, figured Dex was a town vig. No other results except my potion was gone.
I know for a fact this was me.

quote:

Night 5: Watched zzyzx, Ecco targeted him. At this point I figured zzyzx would be a magnet for scum actions so I was locked in on him. I Played this result cool in thread and simply said “happy to vote ecco” since it was already clear Ecco was done and there was no need for me to claim to ensure it.
This wouldn't make sense either, Ecco knew zzxyz was roleblocked and she wasn't the roleblocker. There were 2 night kills that night so it seems unlikely that the DE would double target him.

quote:

Night 6: Watched zzyzx, Amni targeted him. Assumed Amni was another scum roleblocker so I pushed him really hard that day. The flip really threw me.
Amni had no spells and never claimed to use an item on zzyzx

quote:

Night 7: Watched zzyzx, Leith targeted him.
Leith's claimed ability targeted me, I'm open to Leith being scum and lying about his ability but lying about another team member's ability is a stretch.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Holy poo poo, that's it, every single one of your results is wrong
In fact it seems like one of the results from each night is wrong.
N2 you saw merk visit KCW which jives with what merk claimed, but Spoonsy wasn't at KCW's room, he was at DBD's room so you saw someone else.
N4 you saw LIGER get targeted, but it wasn't Dex it was me.
N5 you only saw one person, since zzyzx was roleblocked and Ecco was not the roleblocker you didn't see Ecco, you saw Mikujin
N6 again you only saw one person, zzyzx was roleblocked, you saw Mikujin
N7 you saw Andy and Leith, this is consistent with Andy's claim and zzyzx died, but Leith claim's to have targeted me so whoever you saw killed zzyzx OR Andy killed him

Either that or you are the worst liar I've ever seen in Mafia and my brain has to make sense of why you would be so bad at lying.

One additional thing I noticed, this seems inconsistent:

CapnAndy posted:

I had two options every night; I could wear it, which did not use up a night action and was thus very spiffy indeed, or I could give it away.

Tom Tucker posted:

How many times do I have to name drop the invisibility cloak in my post, and straight up say I don't trust night 7 results, before you realize I'm trying to protect you? I saw you go in under the cloak, but unlike Leith, you didn't claim to have been doing anything else that night, so Leith was either hasted up, lying, or impersonated, any 3 of which would make the "Leith" who targeted zzyzx the killer

Andy says he doesn't wear his cloak when he gives it away, TT says he saw Andy wearing the cloak N7 when he saw him.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Caught up before bed.
Holy moly.
So it’s like way more likely TT just had a bad fakeclaim post instead of being a watcher who gets bad results, right ? The lies are so bad.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Andy says he doesn't wear his cloak when he gives it away, TT says he saw Andy wearing the cloak N7 when he saw him.
So the reason I didn't call this out is because I'm genuinely unsure if I wore the cloak on my trip to zzy's room. The flavor doesn't specifically say that I did, but that's not proof that I didn't. Obviously I wasn't wearing it on the way back. I figured a watcher would know better than I would -- TT's claim specifically said he saw through cloaks, so he'd see me either way. In retrospect, though, if he's telling the truth and I was wearing the cloak, I'm drat sure not wearing it on the way back. Which means TT sees me walk up to zzy's door cloaked, take the cloak off, and walk back without it. What, in that case, could I have possibly done except dropped off the cloak? Why would you think I'm "some sort of town protective role"?

TT is wrong about so drat much. I think my callout was right and he just head-faked me right the hell out of my shoes with that response. If he'd seen me and just wanted me to stay quiet, all he needed to say was that he saw Leith and me target zzy but he had reason to believe my action was protective. Hell, I'd have even confirmed his results as trustworthy!

##vote TT it's gotta be him and if I'm wrong and we lose I'm gonna be awfully interested to see what has possibly gone down all game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Jose Valasquez (2): Pussy Quipped, Pussy Quipped, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Leith Maclaine, Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (2): Kashuno, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Kashuno, CapnAndy

Not Voting (3): Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Pussy Quipped

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 58 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

So, let's assume there is a ghost left in the game and let's ignore Tom's bullshit for the moment.

I think we're comfortable saying there is at most a single ghost.
If I was the ghost why would PQ back up my claim that I knew he was a target and I wanted to help him? He is not my ghost buddy because there is only one ghost.

Also, what is the benefit of my ability to see flavor character as a ghost?

yep, I buy this.

##vote Leith I think Leith is the ghost and TT is a DE. I think Leith therefore makes more sense as the kill today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I agree with kashuno.
Since we know this will be the last ghost it will eliminate a kill tonight but we don’t know for sure how many death eaters there are.

##vote leith