Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
over 100 pages. What a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Thank you Tokes and Max. Though I died the night I was preparing a solid case against Kash, it was a lot of fun to be back

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This was an incredible game to follow. Good job everyone

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
This was a super fun game and I am both amused and sad my instincts were ultra-right and yet always in vain

Thanks for hosting!!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This game was a lot of fun, even if I'm still salty that my hide got roleblocked resulting in me dying on the night I assumed I was gonna die. Boo.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

oh good, I won

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

counterpoint I was not invited to participate in this game at all in any capacity, it feels weird that in this game of thirty players an additional player would be messaged about being a flavor non-character.

quandary is almost certainly "in the game" in some capacity, not just providing flavor.

This was my favorite game moment, when Ecco disbelieved that it was possible for people to be messaged to be sort of in the game, because if it was possible it would have had to happen to him.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
that was a really incredible.moment, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
For what I would do for the awards:

TOWN MVP: I think that there are some contenders here. I think this was probably more of an ensemble town where a lot of people contributed, which is also good but I think makes giving an MVP to one person near impossible. Some people who sand out in my mind are: Pander and Merk. When they were in the RoR on day 2 that when they reentered the thread that they were going to just take the down the mafia, and they did. I think that if either one had lasted longer they would be clear MVP candidate. Yuming made some great cases that were effective. zzyzx got two mafia as a cop in three investigations. Leith should be mentioned, since Mikujin doesn't get killed if Leith doesn't block mikujin. There's a bunch of other things that they town didn that was important to them winning but it's hard to go into every detail here. Oh yeah and Mr. Humalong and CapnAndy were important for winning the game for the town.

SCUM MVP(s):
Mikujin I think did a great job for the ghosts. I think that the Ghost had a tough beginning with sandwolf getting caught by zzyzx and KCW getting in trouble early in the game. I think Mikujin did a good job in the thread and keeping communication going in the discord. I think the ghosts were a strong group that ran into some bad luck early on. Kashuno also played great, and I thought had a real chance of winning for the ghosts.

For the Deatheaters I think TT and PQ did a great job communicating in the discord and planning out actions with the group. And they went so many days without having a real case on them, which is hard to do over 7 game days. I really thought that they would win for a long time. In the end if they got a 50/50 protect wrong on night 8. If that happens they have 50% of the population on day 9 and the town doesn't have a power to stop them. I think they both played great.

MVP:
I guess I would give it to Jose, as weird as it feels to give an MVP to a 3rd party role. He got behind LIGER really early and didn't panic by using his one kill on Leith on night 2. He made sure to protect PQ as best he could He made it 7 days without a case on him or either scum really even talking about NKing him. Also he was only targeted once in the first 5-6 days by any night action, which is kind of nuts with how many night actions there were. He also got TT to claim and poked holes in the claim which probably helped the town win in the end. Plus he had a really good fake claim (plus two others ready just in case). I think he played a nearly perfect game.

Favorite post:

OFFICER LIGER posted:

im not playin around!! ! !
I thought this was hilarious.

favorite discord moment:
I have a few:
-I loved Merk being convinced in the RoR on day 2 that Quandary was not Ron Weasley, and was trying to get Quandary to confess in the discord channel. The Day 2 RoR is really funny.

-Speaking of the RoR. I liked in the day 3 RoR people hoping that KCW was town because people didn't want to deal with merk becoming full of himself.

-Also sweating out the last two to three game days in the dead/spec chat was a lot of fun. Probably one of my favorite parts of the game.

Anyway, this was a blast for me. I have some ideas for future games, but I see that there's a bunch of people who have games that they want to run, and I'm in no hurry. Maybe something if a few months from now. I don't think I'll run HP5 for at least a year from now. These games take some time to prepare.