Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Confirming pre-sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I will play, however dear moderator, be warned! I have been known to bully players into leaving the game and telling new players to quit. If you could accept one such as I, it would bring me great pleasure to play in this game.

:goofy:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I looked and saw you were 2011 and I was like drat Jump King has been around forever. Then I remembered my reg date and felt really old

Honestly regret not buying the thing that set your regdate to 9/11

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

xopods posted:

Bowmore once got mad at me for calling him a lurker

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can’t even imagine having to use those archaic forms of communication. Next you’ll tell me about using GameFAQS forum threads

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

“Oh cool the game started”

*97 new posts*

“gently caress I should not have signed up for such a large game”

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can’t believe we had someone admit to votefinder fuckery btw

The lowest form of cheating at mafia

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

zzyzx posted:

Students out of bed! Students in the corridors!

:ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Soooo any advances in Mafia Theory in the last 10 years?

Yeah typically scum have one of their own have a meltdown day 1 to make it more sporting for town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Lie all the time has become a thing I think?

Oh yeah lie no matter alignment

The wilder your fakeclaim the more towny you are and the more indignant you get to be in deadchat about it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is combing through peoples post history to see if they are posting elsewhere on the forums a thing? I don;t think I've seen anyone do this

This is the SA of 2020, expect a list of mafia enemies shortly

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I'm a replacement

gently caress

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

Huh what is this?

What do you think it is?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Khris Kruel posted:

Kris took a long drag on his joint, staring at the Hufflepuff team room ceiling. Two others were on the couch, barely keeping their eyelids open. Lagavia Butterbottom came into the room, huffing about them being lazy and never doing anything]

"Does, like, anyone else feel in constant mortal danger? Literally anyone can just say a magic spell, and bam, you're tortured," fiffy said, the bong hit he took after his speech bubbling quickly.

"There's like, dangerous animals, in the forest that want to murder us. And we keep going in there," dizzy said.

There was a knock at the door. Everyone's glazed eyes looked at each other. Were they hallucinating?

Kris opened the door to Hufflepuff. It was a slitherin...or a gryffndor. Or the other one. They all look the same.

"Flitch is dead, get out here and help us solve this poo poo," They said to Kris, out of breath.

Kris glared him. He pointed to the sign that said "No Drama" next to the huffle puff break room. He slammed the painting on his face.

"Foshizzle mawhizzle," Kris said, summoning a large spliff with a wave of his wand. He quickly fired it up and went back to staring at the ceiling with the other hufflepuffs.[

I float through the wall and cackle as I tip a dank rear end bong over KK’s head.

“No one likes roleplay!” I sneer as I spin around the room creating a veritable vortex of wizard weed smoke

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

a followup: why would you need to clarify that you do this when you try to help? would you not do it as scum?

yeah but in a more sinister fashion

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

There have been a few flavor claims, actually.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

zzyzx posted:

By "digging into peoples' profiles" you mean clicking on the profile button and reading what's there?

wow ok creep

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

slap fight

##vote kashuno

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, what Amnistar said

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The only people that call two other posters arguing a “slap fight” are scum or very bad players because it’s an enormous scum tell

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Do you think Humalong is town or scum?

Prepare for waffling

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

KK's reads are way overblown in confidence for d1:

KK makes no mention at all of his concern over Amnistar earlier in the day. He also never makes an alignment read during that questioning.

Did KK forget that he had this read on Amnistar earlier?

I like this along with the point about his case on Jen. Combine that with that weird roleplay post and yeah, I can dig a KK vote.

##vote KK

For reference, I feel good about KK being scum. Slightly less so about Kash.

Not super excited about all the people throwing spaghetti at the wall but they’re old players shaking off the rust.

Is yuming in this game?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Their laziness in their posting and their casing, considering how much content there is to analyze, is dumb bad town.

Lol someone’s offended

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mikujin posted:

Admittedly, a lot of what you said here about Humalong can be said about your D1: lots of noise, not much else. This just feels like a "he's worse than me" vote.

I think I was chosen as an easy opportunity to appear like they were scum hunting. I have more than 5 posts so they didn’t have to appear like they’re picking a lurker, but I haven’t written any essays so it also gave them an easy angle to take.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Hmm, the slapfighting with Amni looks like Andy just has an outsized ego :laugh: so maybe he's not scum after all, monitoring.

Oh my god

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I didn’t read those essays the first time around and I’m sure as poo poo not reading them a second time, but good effort Leith.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Last time I played with KK we were scum together and he also was the vote leader day 1. And he did something extremely similar to this.

I don’t have a lot of experience playing with him beyond that, though, so that’s really the extent of any meta insight I can offer.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dexanth posted:

this is a scummy post

however since you are going to escape D1 intact

##Vote Khris Kruel

The tone of those posts lately is 'haha you are wrong' in my read, and while town would be upset about false accusation town would also care more about nailing scum

KK leads more like angry YALL ARE SO DUMB

I believe that puts them at -2 also

And playing the role of Bifauxnen this evening...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

No, best part is "waaah, no one asked me to roleclaim."

"Okay rileclaim"

"gently caress off!"

Oh he has definitely rile claimed already

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Cuddle and execute are the other commonly used ones.

And Axe! That one could still take off!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

xopods posted:

Axe is offensive because it refers to a body spray with misogynist advertising.

No I don’t think that’s what it refers to at all

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

That will probably take about 2 more game days, so just hold tight

As if you could make 50 posts in two game days

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I always get bad vibes from people who come in after some town flips and express that all their reads have been turned on their head and they need time to start all over.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Both the people I thought were scum have already flipped town so I have to re-think the entire game. Will post more thoughts after a shower.

Kashuno posted:

My opinion on you was more of just 'nothing you're saying makes me feel good at all.' which was more than the fluctuations I had on Sci or Sandwolf. Sandwolf was a one off, and Sci I went back and forth on all day. In the end I was really not feeling good about Sci, especially post KK flip. I felt pretty sure of Sci's scumminess after KK flipped and even went out of my way last night to make sure they were not in a position to do much last night but I guess someone else did a more permanent job than I did :vv:

Sci & KK both flipping how they did has thrown my reads for a loop.

I meant to quote the two people doing that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote Mr. Humalong

Oh god don't do this Hum because it's going to make me latch onto you again and internally I don't want to do that because I like you as a mafia player, but you might have the worst scum tells.

The last time you made a vague, snipey comment after being extremely light on content you flipped scum. You just did the same exact thing here. I would love to be named or given something to respond to instead of things like "these shrug votes are worrisome!", "these bad vibes from people who do this are bad!", like, why do you keep making those posts if you don't call people out directly and sort of weave in and out of half-baked criticism?

You haven't formed a single substantial opinion or thought aside from your KK vote besides some small things on a Leith post calling it a "good effort"/calling Dex "Bif".

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ill show you a fuckin meltdown

*points to KK day 1*

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dexanth posted:

for the reason I said? like i thin kid pretty clearly said for a while I was happy to vote for KK and since there was no developing traction on said case i wasnt going to play sisyphus, and their subsequent actions didnt ping my gut as much

Dexanth posted:

Basically unchanged - his most active spot I saw was in response to being called out and now he's dropped back to mostly noiseposting

like i get some people see this as casing 'easy' targets but the logic was really 'hey whose names am I not seeing a lot of? are they doing anything meriting callouts?'

hence for example the read on kloaked as well right around then, but since they didn't ping scum they didnt get as much attention in my responses

Dexanth posted:

Comfy votes atm:
E+ (I like the continued cases on them, v good points)
Humalong (unchanged opinion from yesterday)
Hal (yes its n easy one but no contentposting is a scum play because its so easy to coast)

also kinda comfy voting Xopods but something feels off so would prefer not to. Most everyone else still pings town or neutral

this feels like a changing opinion to me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Me?! I added my own new cool nickname!

merk posted:

Yeah, I saw this too. I thought it was weird Humalong voted Kashuno after me when I made no case. Part of me thought I might be right and that's a scum buddy distancing thinking I might have would up to making a claim, but then I thought I was overthinking it.

merk posted:

When I read Kashuno's other stuff, I felt less confident about my vote. I didn't really think of this point though. I was instead thinking about your making the vote.

Hmm.

I want to put out there that I don't like any of these merk posts in response to me, but on a reread I can't find anything exceptionally scummy about him and he's disappeared for the day (I guess?) anyway.

But I'll be reading him more closely day 3. He's wily.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dexanth posted:

I will cop to going for easy

I will also cop to 'I havent done this in years and years' and every time I tried to force content as town it rings false and works against me

Like, tbh, i'm not going to do much defending of myself. What will happen will happen; I don't want to get lynched, but I will flip town, and I'd rather my posts at that point have people going 'welp those were genuine reads after all turns out Dex was right when she said she was rusty' and that's that!!

and i know some people won't be happy with that but like, its fine.

Re: Humalong :

I haven't done full reread but since it's been asked, my read on Humalong is 'He got active when I put heat on him and as soon as that stopped he went quiet again' so that is scummy. I am still 100% happy to vote for him but since I can't like, you know, do ranked choice voting.

anyways i have some con meetings to run so i will try to keep eye on things but will be busy a lot of tonight

Convenient timing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I guess I have to read xopods, Amni, and crabman sigma now ugh. I will say I thought the whole "I didn't actually read that long rear end thesis but I'm gonna call you out on it" from Amni was funny and kinda scummy but I'm going to do my best to not let that color my read of him.