Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'll play if there is room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

No Steak and No Lumpen, now how are we going to generate D1 content?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

merk posted:

I don't think we should claim flavor stuff. However, I am upset that I did not get Harry Potter after the survivor gambit from HP3.

Technically that was not a flavor claim, only a flavor accusation.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Dexanth posted:

so is that yes we dont need to unvote or yes we do need to help i am not good with computers

(because I am a wizard)

(pew pew magic PEW PEW)

We do not need to unvote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm wondering if we could get enough votes to lunch lumpen in a game they aren't even in.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Dexanth posted:

wow thats rude also its hers but otherwise i support this if it leads to a lumpen lynch

even if it means i die in the process

It is worth the experiment. If we get there the laughs would be worth it.

##vote Lumpen

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Scientastic posted:

##vote Leith Maclaine

Editing someone's quote to someone completely different than said. That's scum if I ever saw it.

##vote Scientastic

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Token Female posted:

Deadline question:

Which time do you prefer for a deadline: (these are all EDT)
Friday Night ~8-9 pm
Saturday Afternoon ~2-3 pm
Saturday Night ~8-9 pm

Friday Night.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Pussy Quipped posted:

Alternatively, we should vote out the newest reg date.

Looks like newest is me by a longshot.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

Nobody yet, it is D1 and we have no actionable information.

That hasn't ever stopped other people.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

Doesn't mean I have to agree! D1 is a weak day and only good for collecting posts you can go back over once you know something.

True, but as Sandwolf pointed out, you did say that Liger was at best an "unhelpful townie" which means you do have an opinion already, but you are backing away from it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

golf clap

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Boy that was a lot to catch up on, after a page of notes, they are aligning almost exactly with the cases that xopods and merk have presenting on KK.

From my notes:

KK – RP Hufflepuff, real weird, interrogated amnistar for being concerned about people supporting him, says it is questionable for amni to question the support, they flips and says they never thought amni was scum, real silent since especially when getting heat.

##vote KK

Other Notes:

I found Sci scummy at the beginning but anyone who ends joke phase gets the benefit of the doubt.

Mikujin - giving me vibes as they imply various flavor items

ZZyzk - I don't like the move of changing Dexanth nickname to count Lumpen votes

xopods - clearly making a case against KK, has made a couple of other cases, feels town

Sandwolf - not sure, fight with Capn Andy feels a bit off for Sand

Capn Andy - See comment about Sandwolf, defends Liger awkwardly

Amni - strongly feel this is town amni, questioning anyone who agrees with him

kingcobweb - fakes a claim of catching PQ lying, feels scummy

Kash - feels town to me

merk - feels very town to me, has made a good case against KK before I did

Spoonsy - claims D1 lunch is a crapshoot, almost advocates a no lunch which I oppose to based on policy

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Spoonsy posted:

I thought bussing was getting the blame off someone by getting a second party to take the responsibility, i. E. KK trying to get people to look at anmi

Nope, bussing is scum voting for another scum player aka throwing someone under the bus.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I'd go so far as to say that the post I quoted just above me is really loving scummy. Bandwagon vote on KK with nothing of substance to add about a single poster in the game while listing a gust on a prairie field of reads, ready to bend wherever the wind takes them.

You really want me to quote 8 pages of posts to identify why I feel on each player? Especially since a lot of the posts have been quoted by other people, but if you insist, I will. How about for ease of everyone's eyes, you pick three and I will justify my reads on them with quotes.

I will grant that you have a few reads also so I don't think you are scummy. I just think we haven't played before.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Game on.

Merk, xopods, Andy.

Merk - First is a lengthy post from merk about Mikujin, Komaked00 and PQ. Especially the PQ part because I've been scum with PQ before and this rings true.

merk posted:

Not one of these cases is very sexy, but here we go:

1. ##vote Mikujin

Mikujin has made two post call outs:

--

When summarizing his opinions of the game so far, he makes this post:
Throwaway town reads:

Consistent with history scum reads (no votes):

To me, this looks like a player coming to the thread and wanting to make consistent, light callouts and throwaway town reads rather than someone actually here to find scum.

2. Kloaked00:

It's the exact same case that I just made on Mikujin. Kloaked's catch up post is not someone looking at the thread and trying to find and nail scum. It's someone who is looking at the thread to find some safe reads to make with a couple light callouts that don't really matter at all.

3. Pussy Quipped:
Actively participating. Actively not scum hunting.

This is Pussy Quipped's only content-filled post. PQ did the same thing in another game as scum that I followed live after having an investigation result saying PQ was scum, so it jumped out to me.

Then after going back and forth a bit with Kloaked 00, KK draws attention and merk catches it

merk posted:

KK's tone reads pretty scummy. He's acting like town leader in posts but hasn't done anything to really advance discussion.

merk posted:

This is a classic scum move when a player is voting someone you know is town. Appear helpful by asking a question... but really distance yourself from that player's vote on town.

It doesn't really look like KK helping a scum buddy because a subsequent post where KK says that Andy is town.

and then merk gives more details by quoting KK in

merk posted:

You don't need a lot of posts to have the tone I'm describing. Here are snippets that jumped out to me (almost his whole post history):

and then

merk posted:

KK's reads are way overblown in confidence for d1:

KK makes no mention at all of his concern over Amnistar earlier in the day. He also never makes an alignment read during that questioning.

Did KK forget that he had this read on Amnistar earlier?

Merk then goes back to when he was hunting PQ which squares with my memory after I got bussed by PQ and Hal in that game and banters a bit with PQ

merk posted:

I don't think it jives because KCW's original vote is at least 50% joke, he pursues the joke further by pasting in a wikipedia history screenshot, and then he unvotes when he sees real content.

Merk drops the PQ argument because the KK case is better. But I trust merk to remember it later if needed.

Now onto xopods

For so early in the game, he makes a policy vote, also has the added advantage of a flavor argument.

xopods posted:

This is a very solid case for this stage of the game.

Also, miller policy lunch.

##vote Mikujin

This seems to be a pretty good intellectual argument supporting amni which gives with xopods play as town in cookfia recent.

xopods posted:

Why do people always mistake describing a thing for arguing for that thing?

I was telling Amni that I think in a normal-sized game it's correct to be paranoid when you make a case D1 and it gets a lot of immediate support. (Implicitly, because there's a good chance there are Scum trying to push an easy Town lunch).

Then I continued to say that being in a big game changes things, because the number of players is overwhelming and playing a normal D1 seems like too much effort to a lot of people. There's a much higher than normal chance that someone following another person's case is a lazy or overwhelmed Townie compared to a smaller game where there are going to be more people trying to put their hands on the game and lead it the way they want.

I did say I'd been tempted to do exactly that, but I meant that as evidence of the phenomenon. I wasn't saying I was going to do that or encouraging others to do it. Just saying it's an easy impulse to understand.

also xopods admits doubt about an initial read on E+ since E+ has been in a lot of games, which rethinking ones positions also feels town to me.

xopods posted:

He was also on my short list. I hesitated about him because his posting also reads as disengaged and waiting for something to happen, which is usually a Town tell early in the game. However, that's more the case for less experienced players as veteran Scum tend to be pretty laidback.

Now that I check Votefinder and see that E+ has played like five million games, I'm more inclined to believe my initial gut reflect to his posting.

Would vote him too.

I don't agree with this, but then I've only played 2 games with yuming, but this isn't a tell either way

xopods posted:

Impossible to tell? Yuming is the easiest person in the world to spot as Scum once she starts posting.

Which does make it a little bit suspicious that she hasn't done so yet, but it's also less than 24 hours into D1 despite the absurd number of posts.

This is where it gets real, this is a real supported case that is thoughtfully laid out and intellectual town xopods, who I just played with in cookfia and ignored when he was town. I am not making that mistake twice.

xopods posted:

Now that I've mentioned that two people voted for by others made me gut read short list when I read some post histories yesterday, I might as well say who else is on the list...

Of the people that have been discussed a lot, I think Liger is the worst.

Of people that haven't been talked about much, I remember Spoonsy, zzyzx, Dexanth and Khris Kruel all pinged me yesterday.

Looking over them again, KK jumps out as particularly bad. I may actually prefer him to Kashuno or E+. This sequence of three posts gives me strong scum vibes:

The first two mostly for gut feel reasons, but then the third one the combination of "nothing has really blew my skirt up" followed by "this screams scum" is inconsistent. It may seem like a little thing, but to me it gives the impression of someone who:

1. Was initially only intending to post the first bit
  2. Decided that posting only Town reads was going to attract suspicion
  3. Felt he should include a Scum read and vote and went to find something he could vote on
  4. Forgot that he'd just said he didn't have any strong Scum reads and overstated his case

##vote KK but would still vote Kash or E+.

Preview Edit: Dammit DBD beat me to this

Continues to make the argument against KK when challenged by Scientistic

xopods posted:

I understand what you're saying...

But he did do it, or something of the sort. That's a matter of record. Given the inconsistency between the first and second halves of his post, he had to have done things in a certain order:

(1) Wrote that he's got a Town read on some people but no real Scum reads
(2) Decided not to hit send but first go back and read some other players
(3) Come back with a "strong" scum read that he'd missed earlier (whether because he'd genuinely overlooked it or hadn't looked at all)
(4) Posted without realizing that the strength of his read in (3) conflicted with what he said in (1)

To me it's what comes in between (1) and (2) that seems self-conscious enough to be Scummy. To you it's what comes in between (3) and (4) that seems so lacking in self-consciousness that it must be Townie.

Now that I understand your thinking better, it seems like a reasonable perspective. However, I think the mistake is subtle enough that it could come down to carelessness rather than a lack of self-consciousness... what started as a quick post turned into something with more effort behind it. Scum are always self-conscious but they're not always meticulous and they do make mistakes. The (3)->(4) step suggests to me a lack of attention, not a lack of caring what others think.

And xopods also reviews his beliefs about others when asked.

xopods posted:

It seems reasonable, but I will say what you're finding scummy about him here is very much like what I found scummy about him in Grandi's Cookfia just a couple weeks ago, and he turns out to be Town there.

It's only one data point and any other meta reads I have on Miku are years out of date, but it makes me less inclined to believe that "posting thoughts but not pushing for any particular lunch" is a scum tell for him. He's still in my null read pile as a result.

I am very open to admissions that he isn't 100 percent sure but he is willing to take responsibility for the vote. I know that I hate no lunches enough that I will happily take 50/50 odds on day 1 and the KK case I believe is much higher than 50/50.

xopods posted:

Also, for anyone on the fence about KK or not really seeing it, there's a strong case to be made for a D1 lunch that can clearly be attributed to one or a small number of players.

Often you end up with votes scattered around close to deadline and Townies shuffle around semi-randomly trying to figure out who there's enough support to lunch. That makes it very easy for Scum to get a Town lunch without taking direct responsibility for it.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% sure KK's Scum cause it's impossible to be 100% sure. But you've got me and merk here willing to take responsibility for this, plus probably DBD though I don't want to speak for him. Anyway, IMO any lunch where you can say clearly "here are the people who made that happen" is a good one from the perspective of information later in the game.

Also, KK will probably turn out to be Scum, so that's also a very good reason to lunch him.

This also pings true to me also. I rarely agree with merk also so I understand where xopods is coming from. I don't agree as I will look at D1 vote patterns as part of what happens on the D1 lunch but to each their own.

xopods posted:

I'm not linking myself to merk or DBD guys, I was just happy to see merk come down so firmly in favor of a KK lunch, not only because it's the lunch I want too but because I think it's good when the lunch is someone that a few people feel very strongly about.

You can say "well whoever you lunch you can go back and see who voted them and who thought they were Scum." Sure. But very often in my experience, the D1 lunch is someone who was everyone's second or third or fourth choice. And so no, in those cases when it's a compromise, groupthink, consensus kind of lunch, I don't think you get very much information about people based on the flip. Because everyone's going to claim credit if the person flips Scum, and if they flip Town, everyone's going to say "well I really wanted to lunch X, but no one else was excited about that so it seemed like Y was the best we could do."

xopods posted:

I assume you that if I was trying to do that, I would be way more subtle about it.

We shouldn't base a D2 lunch on a D1 lunch in any case, that's not what I meant. I was talking about the long term. D1 lunches are often throwaways that don't enter into late game attempts to solve the game because everyone just kinda meanders around and picks someone that everyone can agree is at least "not not-scummy." Those sorts of lunches aren't very informationally useful.

Mostly I just got excited that my KK case was getting traction including from merk who never agrees with me about anything, and wanted to get as many people on it as possible before getting started on my work day, in case something else happened to get people sidetracked. In a game this size if a case loses momentum it's hard to get it started again.

xopods posted:

Okay, I see how you're reading it that way, but what I was getting at is that there are two things we're trying to accomplish by lunching people. The first, obviously, is to hit Scum. But the second is to later draw inferences about other players' alignments based on who pushed for what lunch.

It's easier to that when it's clear and obvious who's accountable for what lunch. Very often D1, especially in big games, there's a lot of semi-random vote movement close to deadline as players try to figure out who they can lunch. It can be ambiguous who actually orchestrated those lunches.

My point was just that if someone's on the fence about KK, there's another good reason to go with him which is that it'll give you a clear, unambiguous data point on a few players, namely me, merk and DBD. I wasn't suggesting anyone act on that information D2 cause that's not how we analyze voting/casing histories. Nor telling anyone what they should do with that info.

I was saying that it's something we'll find useful later in the game, and more useful than your average D1 lunch because of how the case originated. Sorry if that wasn't clear before. Is it clear now?

xopods posted:

Like, from my point of view I really do think KK's going to flip Scum, but if he does it's also going to give me some info about merk. Because merk very rarely agrees with my cases, for one thing. If he were Scum and didn't want to lunch KK, he could easily just ignore my case or call it stupid and move on and it'd be completely on meta.

Ergo, if we lunch KK, then it probably means merk is either not Scum or he wanted to get KK lunched. Does that mean I will know merk's alignment based on KK's flip? Not on its own, no. But it's a puzzle piece that may combine with other puzzle pieces to give me valuable information about merk later, above and beyond the intrinsic value of lunching someone I think is Scum.

That's the sort of thing I mean when I talk about accountability and information.

Finally Andy

As Tom Tucker noted, the timing of Sandwolf and Andy's posts almost simultaneously questions Sci's Liger case.

Tom Tucker posted:

I say Friday evening the sooner Day 1 is over the better.

Scientastic thank you we now have a topic.

Here's another point - once Scientastic got serious Sandwolf and Capn Andy posted simultaneously replies questioning the validity of the suspicion!

This was Andy's defense of Liger which seems off to me. Andy is saying that Liger's behavior is at best unhelpful town and would not be a bad lunch

CapnAndy posted:

I do want to say this about Liger: I think Scientastic's case was extremely weak, and the post that got called out was a pretty obvious joke that needed no defense, and that he has every right to be preoccupied with whatever else is going on in his life (and seriously, it's a bloodbath at the WWE today).

That said, his conduct since then has been extremely poor. I get not wanting to dignify a bad case with a response, but this level of dismissiveness is over the top. It's inauthentic and reads much more like someone who's genuinely pissed off and covering it by feigning an uncaring attitude. Which I can still understand -- Lord knows I've lost my temper when bad cases were made on me in the past -- but I like neither the attitude nor the dishonesty.

Liger, this isn't helpful behavior, man. Everyone gets cased eventually and if this'll happen again on Day 4 or something, I don't want you to have that opportunity. Right now your best case is "unhelpful townie" and that is not a terrible D1 lynch.

but later he says he doesn't want to lunch him. If you don't want to lunch him, then why say he would not be a bad lunch

CapnAndy posted:

I don't want to lynch him, I want him to knock it off and be helpful. And yeah I fundamentally do think he's still town, that's why I didn't vote him.

What I was trying to say is that the case is bad, but his response has also been bad. I don't think that's contradictory at all.

Andy tries to recover from that with these.

CapnAndy posted:

I think scum would have played it differently. I know that the prevailing wisdom is that scum flip out harder when called scum, because townies know they're not scum and therefore the case is fundamentally wrong, so they can be more self-confident, but I think that's wrong. I think it hurts a lot more when you're town, and that can cause people to lash out at the injustice of being attacked.

This is from personal experience, and hey, since nobody liked my post, I can use an actual example to illustrate it: that was genuine and had real effort behind it. When people posted about how bad and scummy a post it is, what I hear is "you are stupid and bad at this game, because nobody good would think those things". But I really did think those things, and it still makes sense to me, so hearing that hurts! If I was scum I would not have this emotional reaction; being called disengenuous on something you're actually being disengenuous about, at least from me, just gets a reaction of "ha okay you got me, guess I gotta try something else to pull the wool over your eyes". This is admittedly a personal problem, so maybe I'm projecting, but like I said in the original post: I think Liger is town, I think his feelings got hurt and he's feigning not caring to cover up being angry, and it's causing him to become an actual detriment because that's not okay behavior. That makes total sense to me. Like I said, I get it. I've done that in the past and I don't want to do it any more, hence the really clinical tone of these posts. I'm being very self-aware.

Also, guys, just for the record? I promise you right now, I am always going to consider every possibility, and probably will mention them in my posts, especially when I'm trying to help. I think having a plan for being wrong is good play.

He then does a countervote on sandwolf which just feels like a distancing to me.

CapnAndy posted:

I don't have a read on Epsilon Plus.

kingcobweb made an egregiously bad drive-by vote.

You're being obdurate; you originally voted me for "being self-aware", and after I made a lengthy post explaining that yes, it was self-aware, because I've lost my temper and become a disruptive presence in previous mafia games and I don't want to do that any more and am carefully monitoring myself against it, you haven't even acknowledged that, let alone gotten off my case. You saw one thing you didn't like and now everything else I say is proof, no matter what. Your mind is made up. Case in point:
Yes, why would I be worried about coming across as scummy with people who think I'm coming across as scummy, especially when I'm trying to change their minds? This is some nonsense, man. I'm asked to defend myself and then accused of defensiveness.

Sandwolf's case against me is entirely wrong, but at least he's made one, and scum don't have a monopoly on being wrong. That said, the more time passes, the more I dislike his "is my case on you scummy" question. It is some "have you stopped beating your wife yet"-level bullshit. I'd like to point out that what you asked is not at all what he did. "Is my case on you scummy" and "give your reads on the people voting you" aren't the same question. I'd like to further point out that he has not yet answered my question of "what response to that would you have accepted as townie" -- he just waited for you to defend him and then went "yeah that". It's deflection. I maintain that the question had no acceptable answer by design. I think he laid a very, very good trap for me and is upset that I looked at it, said "that's a trap", and handed it back.

Y'know what? I've convinced myself.

##vote Sandwolf

And there there is even more awkwardness

CapnAndy posted:

It means that if Liger is going to respond to cases against him by getting really dismissive and leaving the thread, that is not behavior that can be tolerated on later days, when the stakes are higher. I'm sorry if my arbitrary use of "Day 4" to indicate "later on" made things confusing.
Because they can be instructively bad! Later on when we know some actual things, we can see how people acted with those people, and re-evaluate their behavior in the light of this new information. Which is how Mafia is played, and I don't know why you're pretending you don't know that. Or, in other words:

I actually agree with both of these posts, even though they're disagreeing! D1 is a fundamentally weaker day than any other, because we have no information, but playing the game and gaining early interaction is valuable and worthwhile. Any other questions?
I mean I certainly don't think it's a very good case!!!

CapnAndy posted:

Because like I said, I've been there myself and am aware it doesn't actually help the town. It's empathy. I want him to be better. If I wanted him lynched, I'd have called him scum and voted for him.

Then Andy and Amni go at it with Andy staying on Sandwolf, which to be honest, I think this is a pretty good argument though I also think Amni is town. I think this amni argument is stronger than the Sandwolf argument that Andy has presented.

CapnAndy posted:

Excuse me, you're putting words in my mouth that were never there. I've never said I "*know*" Liger is town. That was dishonest of you. As I've said repeatedly, I think it is far more likely that a townie would be emotionally hurt by being cased than scum, because the case against them is wrong. That sort of thing can be hurtful. It has hurt me. I can empathise with it happening to someone else.
Because I was not making a case. I was condemning what I felt was unhelpful behavior. This is why my post included a plea for him to change that behavior.
Because I had no scum reads. As I've also already said, being wrong is not the sole domain of the scum.
This is self-evident nonsense. If I am town and get voted out, the town is, by definition, weaker and closer to losing the game. I may also have beneficial powers whose loss would further hurt the town. (This is not a claim. This is logic.) If I am town, I am acting in the town's best interest by defending myself.
This is true. It also has nothing to do with anything else in this post, most especially the previous statement. The topic shift here is jarring.
Further self-evident nonsense. You are implying that nothing anyone says in good faith can ever be taken as a scum-tell, and that any post that comes off to even a single other player as scummy was a priori a lie. If your logic was correct, no town would ever lynch wrong. Yet this has happened.

Furthermore, you act as though I was always worried about how I'd come off, which is not the case. I made my initial post on Liger's behavior quite blithely. I refused to answer Sandwolf's question on the grounds that I was worried about sounding scummy because, and yet again, this is something I've said before, I had at that point already been accused of sounding scummy. It was and is not a hypothetical and me being aware of it ought to be entirely understandable.

This was really bad arguing all around. You seem to have made the following claims: that town can never be wrong, that town should not defend themselves from being lynched, that posts can never be misread, and that suspicion is its own proof. Are these claims you actually intended to make? If not, can you perhaps not back up and see why I am asserting that you have tunnel vision on me and are obdurately pressing forward regardless of the actual facts?

Andy then goes onto KK with the same arguments that others of us have made.

CapnAndy posted:

Hello I'm back from doing other stuff, sleeping, and then doing my actual job which I'm very lucky to have, and must keep reminding myself of that! Chaff first:
Please tell me why you keep saying "lunch", man, it's not a typo, it's consistent. Browser plugin? Inside joke?

Actual important thoughts:
I really, really like this case. It's gotten no traction in the face of the KK thing, but it's a good one and I would've voted it in support if not for KK. Also, this merk post replying to that quote:
This twinged my antenna so hard. If you like the case -- and for all the qualifiers sprinkled all over it, you're saying you do, I don't see any disagreement -- why not vote? And it just swerves so oddly. "I saw this", "I thought it was weird", "Part of me thought", "I might have", "then I thought", "overthinking it".

The KK thing:

I wanted to do a reread for myself, so I checked KK's post history, and... god, look for yourselves. Take away the pre-game and joke stuff and you're left with five votes. Five! And he hasn't posted at all in the last literal 24 hours.

KK's one decently meaty post, the one with the immediate "nothing blew my skirt up/this screams scum" contradiction that drew the votes in the first place, is perhaps defensible. I'd like to see the defense. I'd like to see any KK posts. I think the silence is much more damning.

##vote KK

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

merk posted:

Your Jen X read that no one cared about at all?

*This* Jen X had no traction at all. Claiming that you (I mean KK) got attacked because of your Jen X challenge is totally insane.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

how so?

Do you think a case based on one post I made as the best read available is scummy?

This is my experience. When I make a few posts and a day 1 band wagon forms from it, its usually in defense of scum.

Jen has had a grand total of 1 vote on her so far, yours.

I don't see any scenario where the scum team hits the panic button based on 1 vote in a 27 person game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

you should play more games

On that we agree, I'm still a baby around here.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

I didn’t read those essays the first time around and I’m sure as poo poo not reading them a second time, but good effort Leith.

I tried but ASAPRockySituation was insistent.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Roleclaiming at -2 is pretty reasonable.

Of course it takes time to think up a fakeclaim.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

pretty sure Tokes said all scum were given fakeclaims. Why would i need to come up with one?

I checked OP, you are right. So why don't you give your fakeclaim now for us to evaluate?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

why would I roleclaim with 24 hours left in the day to go?

Because at -2, it only takes 15 percent of the remaining votes to sway to you to lunch you. With 15 players still outstanding, that could happen really fast, but whatever. You do You.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

bullshit, its town to not roleclaim and not give scum more information.

You don't need my flip to see who is scummy in this thread. Only a newb is desperate for information.

Scummy by definition have more information than town. Giving information in this situation is the town move.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

Scummy by definition have more information than town. Giving information in this situation is the town move.

Mafia Edit

Scum by definition have more information than town. Giving information in this situation is the town move.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Khris Kruel posted:

y'all making up some huge strawmen

Well, looks like we will know for sure in under 24 hours.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm not sure which claim would cause me to unvote now. Would anyone believe even a Dumbledore claim being town after this level of dodge?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Ouch

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

xopods posted:

I wonder if whoever KK was saying wanted him dead was looking for him specifically or all the teachers. Also seems like we're not going to get to know people's powers when they flip, which is unfortunate... makes it all the more important that we claim as fully as possible if we're going to do so and not be gigantic jerks about it like KK.

I'm glad Sci got killed cause I might have been voting for him today otherwise. Feeling like I'm probably going to go back to Kashuno but will have to go back and do more reading as I wasn't paying as close attention to everyone else second half of D1 once I was on KK.

Gonna wait to see if anyone wants to claim any results first though so I don't have to re-read twice.

As a hogwarts teacher, I have a very similar statement to what KK claimed.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

The way I read it implied that there was a lyncher role looking for me specifically. That could be me reading too much into the statement.

It does include the chance that it could be a group of people. Nothing about what happens if they succeed or it is a teacher hunter or specifically my role.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

This is directed mainly to xopods but I would like other people to weigh in if they want.

I am tempted to full claim become the focus of a lot of night actions and might even become the focus of day actions. If it is a group of teacher-hunters then I have already made sure I am on the top of their list. If it is a specific hunter for each of us, then I can become the focus of the night actions of everyone and hopefully catch a scum and work from there.

I probably won't live long but it would be an exciting time and would be very in character.

Thoughts?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

xopods posted:

Okay, but between you and me and the flipped players, we have two claimed or confirmed Hogwarts-Aligned Teachers, three Students and no other rolenames that we know of.

Furthermore, both teachers received info in their PM that there was someone hunting them. I got nothing of the sort and I would assume there are more students than teachers (mostly for flavor reasons). I don't think it's a good idea for people to claim unless it adds new information, but unless we see someone say "hey I'm not a teacher but I'm also being hunted," I think it's a pretty good guess that Town consists of Students and Teachers and something bad happens if all the teachers get dead (or perhaps there's just a 3P whose win condition is to kill them all, maybe it doesn't directly do anything bad beyond the deaths of the teachers themselves).

When you say "lyncher" is that just your own description of the role or were you explicitly or implicitly told your hunter(s) specifically need to lunch you rather than killing you?

Definitely don't think any other teachers should claim, but probably "I'm a teacher" is the most dangerous part of your role to have claimed, so now that you've done that you may as well get the rest out IMO.

"lyncher" is my own description of the role and I think I am reading too much into that. There is nothing in the mod communications that says lunch versus killing.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mikujin posted:

Can you tell us what "notes" you are basing any other these statements on? What made me concerned is that I was sure I hadn't done any flavor commentary (I even doubled-back to check because I was really confident about this!), so this struck me simply as a post intended to look like content without actually being content. Every "note" you've taken seems to be extremely safe, you don't really commit to feelings on anyone who isn't town (or KK, I guess).

With a game this big, I had a word document where I record my thoughts if I get especially behind.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mikujin posted:

I'm still curious where/why you thought I was dropping flavor posts/content? Like I said, it made me call into question the authenticity of your feelings/notes - or at least your organization.

Regardless, I've already mentioned I think you're likely town so I'm not barking too far up that tree. Still, answer would be nice.

These two posts

Mikujin posted:

Now I can't help but picture you as grandpa talking about the "moving pictures".

Mikujin posted:

Talking about wizards like you're not one

##vote Pussy Quipped

what are you hiding

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mikujin posted:

Seems like a stretch to call them flavor posts but I get where you're coming from and you answered my question. Thanks.

Also this one

Mikujin posted:

Squibs rising up to overthrow the wizardocracy? Not on my watch.

I will stop now. We are cool. :)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Xopods seems to be distancing from the fact that he was one of the ones pushing the KK vote. That distancing and trying to throw shade on about 6 people, chosen somewhat at random feels like someone starting to flail. Let's up the pressure.

##vote xopods

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is he? I agree that's he's thrown some shade around lately but pretty sure he hasn't distanced from KK

Distancing isn't quite right but the main KK argument came from him and merk. Trying to add DBD to the mix is trying to diffuse blame. Merk isn't getting attention due to being missing which makes sense.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

xopods posted:

##vote Leith

It's him, this guy's the scum.

Since I have already offered to full claim and I've already marked myself as a Hogwarts teacher, do you really want to push this one?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

this is also real bad

and I think it's funny zzyzx starts posting once he's cased!!

Why Sandwolf? I am confident that I've said enough that I am going to be the focus of night action bingo anyway. I've said I think xopods is trying to cast aspersions at anyone else so if he flails towards me, we learn more information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

As obliquely and vaguely as possible why do you think you’re gonna be the subject of night action bingo??

We believe there is a person or a group of people looking to take out hogwarts teachers. I am a declared teacher. KK claimed a very similar warning in their role as Hagrid.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume the people wanting to take out teachers will be targeting me. Vice Versa, assuming there are counters, they also will be directed towards me.