Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm a replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

kingcobweb posted:

Hey ecco do you have any thoughts on the overuse of wifom

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I haven't received my role PM yet and have only been skimming the thread before now but I'm still counted in votefinder so let's choo choo train

##vote xopods

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey DBD vote for xopods, he has the most votes therefore he's probably scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
KK is rl scum so it's okay. xopods is in-game scum though most definitely.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
DONE

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
YOU ALL POST TOO MUCH

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I don't like kash, amni, kcw, and cyberdemon (aka zzyzx).

my strongest town feeling is humalong.

if I had been around yesterday I'd have switched from xopods to kcw, rip.

I'm here now and ready to participate!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have been getting town feelings from Sandwolf so I don't want to think he's scum just because zzyzx (a shifty character) said so. I don't think Spoonsy is lying (it'd be a weird lie!). I think there's enough posting-based reasons to vote for Amni, without needing to get into the claim. I think teasing out the claim is less productive than focusing on posting.

I disliked Amnistar's posting around KK (who was, on my read, much more likely town than scum, the case on KK was really weak). My ill-feelings around Amni and Kash both started on their disposition to the KK case, their particular posting around it felt scummy, like they were handling it with a light touch to encourage it being on people's minds without tying them too strongly to it.

Someone made a case on KCW that I liked.

Someone post at me so I can get into the weeds of the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello Amnistar is correct, however this all falls it's very likely roles are getting messed with, but unfortunately for Amnistar there's plenty of non-role claim reasons to vote for Amnistar, so going after him because he's saying "Spoony is wrong but not necessarily scum" is bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amnistar posted:

You clearly did not read my interactions with KK on Day 1...

I specifically meant these two posts pinged me as "this is scum posts" (one from you, one from Kash, back to back)

Amnistar posted:

I like the catch on KK as well.

Kashuno posted:

That’s a really good catch on KK ##vote KK

E+ I see a lot of commentary on right now I’ll try and reread after breakfast and put some thoughts together

(it was not a good catch, it was actually a bad catch)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amnistar posted:

Yea...but that stance falls apart based on my interactions with KK at the end of hte day. If I was trying to be a 'soft touch' with the KK case, why would I have done the end day the way I did, which is the opposite of a soft touch.

Your initial post pinged me as scummy. That you got into it later doesn't change my initial feeling from your initial post. It felt scummy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amnistar posted:

I'm not sure what you want from me. My vote was on the vote leader who I had cased and thought (and still think) is scum. Why on earth would I move off of the current front runner case to show that I agree with someone elses case.

I don't want anything from you, I'm not asking you to explain yourself, I'm just saying where I'm at after reading 50 pages of posts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
why are you calling for kashuno to claim?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If you think leith is scum then vote for him, badgering Kashuno isn't a good way to go about it. If your case gets traction and Kash feels the need to claim then he'll do so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
what happens if someone does this

##vote quandary

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

zzyzx posted:

I could totally see Tokes approaching Quandary and asking, "hey, you were in an old HP game, want to act out a bit of flavor in this one even if you don't have time to play?" (Would be pretty cool, actually.) I just don't see the purpose in making Quandary more complicated than a neat way to give players new spells.

counterpoint I was not invited to participate in this game at all in any capacity, it feels weird that in this game of thirty players an additional player would be messaged about being a flavor non-character.

quandary is almost certainly "in the game" in some capacity, not just providing flavor.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

zzyzx posted:

:3:

Hi there.

hi, someone made some posts about you that also read true to me. You're last in my list though because I feel less about you than about the other three.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

Ecco, threw her stuff out the window

hmmm

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

it's true I snuck in while you were out

I didn't go out because you stole my stuff.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
can I get my stuff back

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

I have a personal thing with replacements that I really can never deal with them. I would've definitely killed Ecco last night if I had the ability to, just because replacements are a thing I can't read very well

This is a correct attitude to have, I don't hold it against you for destroying my stuff, but I liked having stuff so I wish you hadn't.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You all post too much.

I don't believe Sandwolf is scum, I've gotten sincere town scumhunting vibes from his posts.

I don't believe Spoonsy made up his claim on Amnistar, it would be so needless.

I think it's clear from all the claimed tracking powers that night actions are a farce this game and we should really focus on posting instead. This is true in every mafia game but it is especially true now.

I like the case on KCW, I like merk.

Okay and break!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

kingcobweb posted:

Has Ecco been caught up to th

If Ecco is scum they’re hiding behind “I’m catching up” really effectively

When I checked the thread today there were 160 new posts in less than a day.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have a night action result on merk that makes me feel he is not town.

Okay cool

zzyzx posted:

Ecco is probably scum, but more likely because of these two:

I think Amni is complaining about his buddy.

Hmm.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hello someone explain something to me, a new person who is dumb. I thought the Room of Requirement (a discord channel?) is non-voluntary, that someone chose you to be in it. How could KCW choose not to be in it?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pander posted:

Ecco: RoR visitation is voluntarily, and once-per-game. My spell was useless N1 so I went in there to teach it to as many as possible, and ended up with just merk and liger (and quandary).

Oh so Teachers know the spells and teach it to Students. Is that right? What if multiple teachers try to go to the RoR, or if no students do so? Or is the answer just a shrug emoji. Nothing about this is in my role PM and I didn't gather it from the thread on my re-read so I apologize if this is old hat.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have a hard time believing any town player would not return some sort of house result. Even a Death Eater would most likely return a Slytherin result.

Squib rights are human rights

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also how would a squib learn a spell?

Hmm!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
There's no reason for merk to claim the flavor character, this non-issue has been resolved adequately.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm helping

##vote kcw

Is there a case on Sandwolf or is it just "the claimed cop said something and I'm overly credulous"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mikujin posted:

Why do you think zzyzx is a shifty character? Have they done or said something that specifically makes you question the integrity of their claim?

When I read the thread there were multiple posts that made me go "hmm, that's not good." I don't question the claim itself, I'm largely ignoring night actions tbh.

quote:

Are your convictions on Amni based primarily on the D1 play and KK's downfall?

My feelings on Amni are largely in line with others in the thread. It was a little dispiriting to read a thread and go "ah I'm noticing this thing!" and then seeing someone posted about that thing, someone else made a case on it, more people talked about it, and then going into the new game day people were voting for that person.

Reading fifty pages of game in one sitting made a lot of the specifics blend together, which I recognize is unhelpful for you all.

My only thought that feels unique is my feelings on kashuno but I don't have the energy to make a proper case today especially when someone I think more worse of is at -2.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pander posted:

Ecco read Tom Tucker's D1 interactions with Officer Liger and convince me it's not scum distancing.

ok! at the outset though I don't recall either of them being targets of suspicion so I'm skeptical scum in their position would feel the need to distance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Page 8:

Tom Tucker posted:

Alright I'm just pussyfooting around it without directly saying it I think Liger is scummy. Scientastic's original point on him being elsewhere was nothing but Liger's response to it was super suspicious. Immediately returned, making excuses, but what really did it was digging into Scientastic's profile (why?) while also trying to dismiss suspicion with a troll "lol" post, his only direct interaction with Scientastic. His dismissive attitude does not mesh with someone who is digging into the person's profile.

Going to provide the dreaded 3rd vote. ##vote Liger
The "third vote" joke at the end feels performative.

Page 13:

Tom Tucker posted:

Come back to Liger folks he's literally pretending not to care while also digging into peoples profiles (and now trying to make a joke out of it to redirect from how scummy this is as a guy who "doesn't care lol") and he's just in here throwing spaghetti at Capn Andy without directly saying he's scummy or voting for him.

It's scum 101 redirect but don't look like you're redirecting, it's day 1 so without the vote no one will remember he was pushing the bandwagon onto Andy without actually saying it.

Yeah I'm remembering now, I remember thinking this was day 1 bravado. It doesn't feel like distancing so far.

Page 18:

Tom Tucker posted:

Going back through posts now! As I write this the vote is now 5 for KK, 3 for Merk, and 3 for Capn Andy, and I’m the only one left on Liger. He posted this and deserves to have the question answered.

(snipped like five paragraphs)
Yeah I don't think it's distancing. Scumbuddies don't go out of the way to make cases on each other when none of them have votes. This feels like classic "it's Day 1 and I'm going to exaggerate how bad I think someone's posting is because I have a gut feeling and if I don't present a strong case people won't take it seriously." I think that's why it has an air of insincerity about it, but I haven't been bothered by TT's (or Liger's) posting so far.

Page 20:

Tom Tucker posted:

I mean I can kind of see this, it's one of the things I don't like that Liger did - he threw some passive attention at Capn Andy right as he was gaining votes without actually saying he was scummy or accusing him. In this case I'm pushing my favored candidate but also addressing the conversations of the day. The more everyone goes on record on various topics the better for everyone.
If Tom and Liger were scum together it would be weird for Tom to keep bringing Liger up like he does. I think Liger's early posts irked Tom and Tom failed to make a persuasive case about that irking.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pander posted:

Ecco: do you think Kash is town? And if so, why would you think it's towny to policy-kill replacements?

I don't think kash is town, no. I don't think it's townie to policy-kill replacements. Note what I am saying and how I am choosing my words intentionally.

Replacing into a game that's as big and active as this, relatively late into the game, is inherently disruptive. You all have had over a week to post at each other, develop theories, get a feel for players, and build off of that to make cases. Since Diqnol never posted, I'm essentially coming into the game as a completely new player. I don't have context for the game, I didn't read and process things as they were happening, and that means you all didn't get to see me as they were happening either. I am the biggest unknown in the game right now, because I am a man with no history whatsoever.

Using role actions to clear out unknowns is a very effective use of a role. It's probably the best use of it, tbh. But it's useful regardless of whether the role is town or scum. It's alignment neutral.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mikujin posted:

What do you make of Sandwolf's response to zzyzx's cop claim on him?

The response does not feel like caught scum. It feels genuine.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I understand why people are voting for Sandwolf/Amnistar, but I really think KCW is the better vote. It's obvious that night actions are unreliable this game and to follow the cop too blindly is dangerous. We should be focusing on actual scummy behavior.

There just isn't a compelling case against Sandwolf that makes me support him over KCW. I could easily be persuaded to vote Amnistar but that's not where the votes are right now!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pander posted:

And it still doesn't jive with the meta knowledge that you've moderated games that have had replacement mechanisms before. Based on what you're saying here, you are endorsing a strategy that the town should immediately fridge any replacement because apparently they're too hard to read or deal with. It just seems a bafflingly incongruous opinion to hold.

It'll be even more baffling for you when I tell you that, out of the hundreds of games I've modded, I can count on one hand the number of players I've ever modkilled for lurking!

My disposition as a moderator is different than my disposition as a player. As a moderator I recognize that modkills are far more disruptive than replacements. As a player, I recognize that replacements are still really disruptive, and it's good to use role abilities to clear out that disruption.

I don't mind Kash having destroyed my item. I understand, it happens. I think Kash is scum for a better reason: because of his posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapnAndy posted:

Because, to be clear: As far as I know, I cannot enter the Room of Requirement. I had no mention of it in my role. A lot of people are chatting like its rules are clearly known now, and they're not, and it's weird.

I also have no idea what people are talking about and would love someone to explain it for me.