Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lucian got nerfed but Blasters overall got buffed so Blasters are still FreeLO right now.

Also I'm a huge fan of the 2 new galaxies in this patch, especially the free reroll one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I don't think he got nerfed, so slap a blue buff on him and just use him as a late game "gently caress Vanguards" tool the same way I see Janna being used a lot lately. I was on the recieving end of the Sorc+Riven comp a few games ago and with a Star Guardian badge on her as well it's really painful.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like Luden's too on her for some additional AOE, though you obviously aren't getting all of that mana.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

10.4 patch notes with some cool stuff. Mostly this bit.

quote:

Your final position in the standings will now be determined once all combat has ended, instead of immediately upon taking lethal damage. Lethal damage will now take players into negative health. Players who are eliminated in the same round will finish in order of:
- Least negative health total.
- If negative health is tied, most health in the round prior to elimination.
- In the unlikely event that both of the previous measures are tied (!), the final standings for those tied players will be determined randomly.
So no more running from lethal damage. Also Protector and Celestial buffs with J4 getting more of everything, Rakan getting more health and Neeko's mana being reduced. Blasters also looking like they're going to be better with Ezreal dropping to 30 mana so he could be fully spamming the AOE bombs with a blue buff. Seems like good changes to Urgot too (lower range, spell now hits the first champ so he's more of a frontline muncher like I think he was meant to be.

Also Giant Slayer doesn't do true damage any more so RIP that item.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Early returns from watching someone stream on the Korean server: Sorcs Good

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Blue buff Syndra is very good rn

Can confirm, I actually had someone get real mad at me for running it and when I pointed out Star Guardians got buffed they replied "I'm not a piece of poo poo." Rakan also seems like a ridiculously good tank now, got a Bramble Vest and Dragon's Claw on him and he just didn't take damage until he was the only one left.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah now people are figuring stuff out I'm just getting roasted by Jhin every late game. Still think Protectors are a fast pass to top 4 though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like Binary Star as it makes me think more about what items go where, and I like Dwarf Planet because it reminds me of the beta season.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I would like it stated that Blademaster Vayne is hilarious at making brawlers look like they have the attention span of a goldfish.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This should've been in since the end of beta but better late than never.
https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1288586219127894016?s=19

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cultist is interesting in that the Cultist champs don't get anything from the trait themselves, so its basically all or nothing on the Galio cleaning house. Chosen is an interesting mechanic too, and explains what Mortdog was talking about on stream a while back about having plans to reuse the basic idea behind Avatar from Rise of the Elements.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My current ranked goal is just to hit Plat 4 before season's end after bouncing up and down the Gold ranks all season.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fates is on PBE now, so we have the full list of champs. Ninja and Exile are back from Elements, and they denied the best possible gag by making Set 4 have Sett 4, because he's a 5 cost.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I've ran it down a fair bit the last few days and dropped from the brink of Plat 4 back to Gold 2. Not feeling good about my goal of hitting Plat by season's end.

E: Mort's put up a rundown of the Fates systems. XP costs per level are going up, higher cost units are getting rarer and a bunch of interesting stuff about shop and carousel RNG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWhJEDqnlo

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 1, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I am now at G1 33LP.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

:toot:

And it was a truly reprehensible comp that got me there. Dunks for days.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TFT is big time now, we got a cinematic trailer for Fates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cM7YUmvle0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Played my first games of Fates and literally half the people in each game were playing Cultist.

Also Mortdog's stream VODs are funny right now just to hear him in constant despair over Aphelios, that dude is getting nuked from orbit.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 17, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kench with Stoneplate is functionally invincible until the late game. It's hilarious, I watched an Aphelios and Ashe unloading into him for about 10 seconds while my Akali finished off the rest of the frontline.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, replacing a chosen means gambling that you’re going to see someone that actually fits your comp.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Picked up a Vayne chosen super early in my last game and ended up with 6 sharpshooters before the end of stage 3, that was hilarious. Had to bodge together a frontline with a solo Xin Zhou and later Shen but worked out pretty well. I feel like people are sleeping on Shen somewhat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I’ve seen GA on Ahri a few times but if she can’t blow someone the gently caress up she just gets annihilated by any team with AOE damage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

From what I've heard top level players are doing, they're basically rushing to L9 and buying every 5 cost unit they see since 5 costs are crazy strong just on their own.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK but that shield would be really big though...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Speaking of Hurricane.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

curiousCat posted:

hope you were running vayne sharpshooters

Brawler/Assassin :negative:

Talon with a hurricane was at least funny.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Duelist is getting buffed this patch lol. It's already dominating every game I play recently.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah I saw that on Mort's video today. Pretty smart but how that was even being considered given how dominant Duelist is right now is amazing.

Anyway this happened.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I haven't yet decided if it's actually good or just a meme but I pulled off the Bubble Bobble comp in my 2nd game of the new patch. It is a Yasuo's worst nightmare, every single Yasuo I saw just got instagibbed as soon as the fight started once the Luden's was on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Irelia is the comp's main frontline, with the 3 points of her not being hugely contested, Gargoyle getting buffed and her getting good use out of Gunblade meaning she can tank for a long time, or at least long enough that Nami can just permastun everyone that's actually dangerous. It's a very specific comp, you absolutely need 6 enlightened and 3 mage for the mana boost and double casting so it's something you can only effectively run if you get a Nami Chosen since she needs to be 3 star to get the 4 second stun and allow her to permastun anyone she gets a bubble on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vanguard is a counter to basically anything people are running right now as no-one is running mages. I haven’t been flying up the ranks but I’ve been reliably gaining just running my old faithful Vanguard Mystic comps.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Miftan posted:

Who's the damage dealer in that comp?

You can run the old faithful carry Mordekaiser build on Hecarim (not tested enough to know if this is actually good or if Heca's healing is so stupidly good that it works anyway), or go Bonky Kong on Wukong. With the right build (RFC/Rageblade/Bloodthirster is the one I see most), Wukong is perfectly capable of 1v9ing pretty much anything except heavy burst comps. I've seen a few people trying Aatrox and Sejuani carry too which seem to be a bit more flexible and less reliant on getting the exact right items but you are then having to wait longer to get online.

Or you just keep playing Shade and letting Zed 1v9 basically every comp because increasing the aggro drop to every 4 attacks seems to have done nothing except make shade way less contested since everyone heard it got nerfed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I did get 6 assassin with a spatula’d Warwick yesterday. That was hilarious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

B patch happened. Divine and Adept nerfed, 3* Akali nerfed, Shiv and Locket nerfed. RIP Frozen Heart.
https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1318621594223169536

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The long awaited 10.21 patch post-mortem is here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVLhV5vrCqk

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you find yourself contested it becomes a case of are you still finding what you need and is there another decent comp open. If you have that much gold though you're probably better of levelling with it instead of rerolling, since something you can also do is rush the higher cost units in the comp if you're willing to commit to it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So as I think many people expected, Dazzler is pretty drat good right now. Get the right items on Lissandra (blue buff/ludens/gauntlet) and she'll one-shot pretty much any sharpshooter comp as soon as the fight starts and neuter anything that survives.

E: BOOOOOOOOOOO they noticed Morg was turbobusted.
https://twitter.com/TFT/status/1322266019365347328

njsykora fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 30, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

4.5 news is starting to come out, Dusk, Moonlight, Tormented, Shade, Hunter and Dazzler are the traits getting tossed in the bin. Zed, Kindred and Morgana will stay with new traits though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Apparently they learned nothing from Celestial because there's a spell vamp trait coming.
https://twitter.com/TFT/status/1339616348369006593

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm reliably hitting plat now too, I doubt I can make Diamond but abusing Syphoner remains very funny. Also Fabled is totally going to get some overcompensation buffs, but before then it's still very easy to hit Nautilus 3 and he can 1-shot basically anything but a brawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Reroll strats were definitely meant to be nerfed, as it was at a point I felt where if you didn't 3-star at least 1 1-cost unit you were hosed once the mid-game hit. I broke a big losing streak today by just doing what high ELO players always say to do and just focus on a few comps you know inside out, and thankfully Elderwood is still nice and strong and no-one is contesting Veigar who can still do Veigar things if you have the items (and the Manazane buff is very good for him, it's basically an endless stream of bombs). Also I think learning to change Chosen is really important right now since the bonus stats they get got nerfed so a 3-star 1-cost chosen is going to just be a trait bot past a certain point.