Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kingcobweb posted:

The new patch is really good, lot of different builds are viable. Everyone is still doing builds from the last patch (jhin, star guardians, protectors), but I've been successfully doing either Jinx or Cybernetics every game. Lucian is a real strong midgame carry.

I loved playing Cybers a patch or two ago. Do you still go Giant Slayer/RedBuff on Lucian and transfer them to Vayne now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

njsykora posted:

Played my first games of Fates and literally half the people in each game were playing Cultist.

Also Mortdog's stream VODs are funny right now just to hear him in constant despair over Aphelios, that dude is getting nuked from orbit.

Yeah it kinda looks like if you wanna win now you either gotta go Cultist, Aphelios, or get very very lucky.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I had a game where there were three chosens on the board at the first PvP round and they were all sharpshooters, two Nids and a Vayne.

On a related note, an early 3 star max level sharpshooter vayne with a Runaan's is dumb and good.

Do the Runaan's bolts jump as well?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Kindred is just a very strong unit. I always pick her up if I see her early and dump into the comp if I can afford to break synergies. She'll usually be topping the damage chart at level 5 or so.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

njsykora posted:

Vanguard is a counter to basically anything people are running right now as no-one is running mages. I haven’t been flying up the ranks but I’ve been reliably gaining just running my old faithful Vanguard Mystic comps.

Who's the damage dealer in that comp?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Vayne went from "totally ignore as a chosen" to insta-slamming chosen sharpshooter vayne, chosen 3* vayne is really good now. Sharpshooters are probably the best non-WW build but you really need the chosen

What do you prefer for front line? I've seen vanguards and brawlers both work.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Cavelcade posted:

For keepers, I usually pick up any strong early chosen and put my items on them. First carousel, practice getting a BF Sword, predict where it's going to be and be waiting for it instead of moving (even in diamond, people are bad at this skill). If I don't get one at the first carousel, I would strongly consider intentionally losing the first three PvP rounds to get to get it. You need both Guardian Angel and Morellos to really make this work; IME, everything else is negotiable and the sword tends to be more highly contested than the rod. Midgame, I'll aim to look like this:

Counter-intuitive tips:

* you play in the middle until you get Aatrox, then you move to the right.
* grab any reasonably strong early chosen, level aggressively to 6 and then sell them
* don't accept any substitutes - chosen Kennen or Xayah only, the 2-stars will not be strong enough in the end game. 4 Keepers, no chosen, is fine while you slow roll at 7 for Kennen.

My ideal end game looks something like this:

I've left spaces on Aatrox and Xayah - I would usually prefer to give them an Ornn artifact rather than max their items. YMMV on this. This is what my last 3 days of TFT have looked like:

One game with executioners, because that game had 3 other players trying for Keepers. Do remember to scout.

Edit: Oh that screenshot doesn't have the enlightened game I played - got an early Talon and put my GA on that, came 3rd. Because the two builds share items, it's probably worth learning both and switching based on what you get/scouting.

Trip report: Got an early cultist Elise chosen which I rode to a 10 win-streak along with defensive item-fiora and a Shiv Kalista. Got suboptimal kennen items (GA, morello only after the chickens and a gunblade) but Kennen 3 + Aatrox loving slaps. Came first.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Got Yasuo 3 on 2-2. Came first.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

I've seen Hellion + Cavalier work. Stack Kennen (regular AP stuff) and Kled (crit items and last whisper) and let the cavalier trait get him tanky.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Kled is really good. Does he keep the bonus movement speed when unmounted?

I honestly couldn't tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Just had a game with 3 prismatic augments, it was absolutely wild and I crushed it off the back of mercenary soul as my first pick. Went on a winning spree which gave me a ton of extra gold/items with a very early merc 5.