Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Someone in the other thread pointed out that you could sell chosens for a new one, which I completely missed and was trying to wait for better chosens down the road. gently caress. I'm now buying the first Tier 1 chosen I see just to win rounds early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

curiousCat posted:

I think cultist 9 is a trap unless you can get to 9 with a chosen cultist

I managed to reach Cultist 9 once!
Galio got picked up by Sett and immediately wiped my full team, 0/10 will not do again.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I've been going on like 10 games in a row of Suicide Fortune Ahri strat because i'm getting Chosen Annies every single game, and have refined the strategy. The lowest I've gotten is 5th (when i don't find GA), with many 1sts and one 2nd.

Basically, get Fortune ASAP, then lose every match wolves, saving money to 50 gold and spending excess on leveling. You want to reach level 7 asap, and your only purchases should be Namis, Annies, a TF (or 3, your choice), Tahms, and the first Fortune that you see (Katarina/Jinx). Take one from the first wheel if needed. If Annie is chosen fortune, you can even ignore Jinx/Kata.
After that, look for Ahris (priority!) and Sejuanis to replace your Jinx/Kata.

Your item priority is the first jeweled gauntlet, a guardian angel, then 2nd jeweled gauntlet. All 3 items go on TF first, but once you find Ahri, sell TF and put everything on Ahri. The GA means that even if she dies during cast animation, the ball still appears (and lands before she revives) nuking everything. Rest of items go onto Sej and Annie to tank.

Winning a round after losing 8 in a row as Fortune tends to gives lots of gold and at least one Neeko's. Level up to 8 slowly, then find more Ahris and Annies. If your Nami isn't 3, feel free to replace her with a Lillia. The rest of your team comp are basically just fat stunners (sej, cassio, lillia, sett, shen, etc), whose only job is to survive till Ahri spirit bombs the enemy team. I can consistently get Ahri 3 because no one every tries to get her (even mage players prefer Elderwood Veigar). Tech in an Azir (and put 2 soldiers at the opposite corner) against Aatrox.

T2 Ahri with 2 gauntlets wipes everything except Divine or Mystics, T3 Ahri wipes everything, even 9-cultist Galio. I've gotten a lot of ? pings when their 3-item Jhin, Warwick, or Riven disappears under a bomb.

The good thing about this comp is that your peeps are all the rejects. Hardly anyone touches Ahri, Sej, Annie or Nami, so you can easily T3 all of them. The only one time my T3 Ahri with GA lost was against a T3 Akali with GA, who revived next to her to kill her 1v1 every round.

Synergies - 3 Mage. I once had a game which I had 2 Sej2, Cassio2, Azir1, Lillia1, Ahri3, Annie3. Still won anyways.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

CODChimera posted:

I had jeweled, blue buff and shojuns on my Ahri but GA sounds like a good idea. My veigar had good items as well but it didn't even matter.

That was 6 mages but if she still nukes everything with the 3 bonus then wow. will try it out

I have tried lots of other items on her since I get Chosen Annie all the time, but nothing works as well as GA to let her get one spell off. Quicksilver, Trap Claw and Blue Buff all led to problems down the line that made me not be 1st. And for damage, the best item apart from jeweled... was another jeweled.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

I had the bottom 3 of this lobby rage messaging me when I got chosen River3 at 5-1.
Then I had the 2nd/3rd place rage against me after I 3-starred Cass at 6-1.
So satisfying.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
3-star chosen Katarina in Warlords 6, with Jeweled and Hextech - powerful.
Me looking at my items with a galaxy-brain decision - she should take 2 recurve bows to attack faster and spin more.
Result: Lost 50 LP.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
What's the play if someone cucks you? I found a chosen Zed at 2-4, so went about building my Shade build, saving money, leveling up, and getting all the cultists/ninjas i can find to see what I can build into. At 3-2, some other person found chosen Evelyn Shade, and he also started taking all the Zeds, Evelyn's and ninjas. I sold all my ninjas and went Cultists, but he had 6 Zed / 6 Evelyn's, so it was much harder for me to find any other shades. I decided to save money until he died once I levelled to 7, but it ended up we both died on 5-1 at the same time (7th/8th). (I had 70+ gold in stash, he had 0).

Should I have sold my Zed and tried to switch or just try to last longer than him then roll for the 3-stars?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Hmmm, I think my biggest problem was that I had already made Rapidfire/Bloodthirster/Rageblade on Zed, so I was stuck on how to pivot. But thanks for the advice, I think I chose the worse decision out of the ones I had.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I slam the fortune chosen anytime I see it. It's just too much of a drug.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
So the last 3 games i had Warlord Garen Chosen, spat into Warlord spat, and Warlord Vi chosen, so I thought i might as well go Warlords to learn the comp. I went 7th, 6th, and 8th respectively.

How do you warlord? Is it just hoping for Kat and Azir? The rest are all just tanks or Nid so I was unsure of what to do if Kat doesn't appear.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Ok, so it's basically Kat, 3* preferably, and a secondary carry that you use spat to boost...

Well, that explains why I did so badly :P First game found one Kat, second game I placed the spat onto a Pyke for the assassin bonus (was planning to move it to Akali or Talon but died first), and third game found no Kats. Whoops.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Swain does the same thing but no jumping.

I slam warmogs + mage hat swain in any game I find a spat. It is highly amusing to see swain gain 2k health everytime he ults, and never die because he keeps regaining the hp.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
People hated the chosen mechanic? I felt it was extremely good though.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Also why would you want to build items doe the early game unless you have no other choice??

Learning how to slam items early is probably enough to increase your rank by one full division, it is really important!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Vandar posted:

I honestly can't figure this set out. It feels like every decision I make this time around is the wrong one. I can't really say I'm a fan of this one either.

Same here, i was high plat set 4-4.5, and now I'm stuck at gold 4. Nothing i do works at all except for reroll Hellions.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Things tried so far:

Mutants are weird. The weirdest thing is that the core of Kass/Mal/Cho/Kog/Kai'sa are all strong units individually, but the carry changes depending on the mutant trait.
Collosi are fun, but activating the trait is often game-losing. Cho + Galio is just not good enough for the trait (maybe Sion is?)
Mercs are fun, and the fact that you can drop to 3 to open the chest is a huge buff change of life compared to Fortune.
Chemtanks are everywhere urgh. Urgot + Viktor both seem overpowered.
I hate Yuumi.
I have not seen a single Akali in 6 games, need to try her.
The rest of the 5 cost seems underpowered. Jinx often rockets into her death, Jayce is neat but not really 5-cost good, Galio using 2 slots doesn't seem worth it (compare to the Revenant 5 cost last set).

For Augments:
The 3 xp if your board is empty augment is really really hard to use, but amazing. If you can survive to level to 9, you often reach 9 when opponents are still 7.
I had a run with Socialite + 1, Socialite extra light, and Socialite gives 50% for hexes around the lights. I went with Yordles 6 for it (full 6 3-star yordle with Taric+Seraphine), and it turns out that bunching everything together is not good for trying to get first place.
I feel like any early augment that gives a trait is a trap. It tempts you to gravitate towards a trait when you should be remaining flexible early.

This set does feel a lot more fun compared to set 5, which is a good sign!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Yordles: what I do is to just carry Trist and Vex, support them with an extra Scholar and Sniper, and think of Veigar as an extra 5 gold per turn. You can reach top 4 easily but 1st is probably impossible.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

CODChimera posted:

what's good on Vex? she's cool, I def want to build around her a couple of times

Gunblade, Archangel, and either one of Warmogs, Titans, Dragon's Claw, or Bramble depending on what you're facing. The goal if she's the carry is to ensure that she gets back all her life when the shield pops and can then last long enough for her next shield to create a loop.
Morellos or Sunfire puts a stop to her pretty quickly though, so she's normally the second carry not the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Aerox posted:

Ah, ok, I hadn't been really looking at my items too much since I was afraid to put them on units before I got a carry. Thanks!

It sounds like I need to write down all the different carries and comps and what items they all need before I jump back in and try again, which I probably should have done before I started playing.

You don't need 3 exact items for that. Most carries are fine with 1 exact item and 2 randomly helpful items. Learning how to survive early game, econ, w/l streak and using early items will improve your ranking more than how to pull out team comps.