Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

The mech, except with eight sorcerors.
Still no idea what damage he does, his spellcasts got interrupted and his teammates killed everything real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

If I could make a team with 1 wukong and 7 poppies, I would.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Turns out it's Jhin meta. I hate Jhin.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Good thing they hotfixed syndra.

edit: what even counters this thing?

uguu fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 11, 2020

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Just make sure to grab the items a jhin needs, loose streak as much as needed for it.
Then grab 4 dark stars, 2 snipers, a lulu and another mystic and go to town.
I've dropped below 10 hp a bunch of times, but then the comp comes together and you just win 8 times in a row.
Oh, and don't reroll, except to get a silver jarvan. The only things that matter are jhin and lulu.
Climbed from gold 4 to diamond 4 doing this every game.

But it is a real bad patch.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I went to diamond by just forcing Jhin last patch, but I'm pretty sure I'd drop out right quick now.
Would I still get the pretty diamond flair if I drop to plat?

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Had a gold Xayah with two items at 2-5, lucky, lucky game.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

njsykora posted:

I've ran it down a fair bit the last few days and dropped from the brink of Plat 4 back to Gold 2. Not feeling good about my goal of hitting Plat by season's end.

E: Mort's put up a rundown of the Fates systems. XP costs per level are going up, higher cost units are getting rarer and a bunch of interesting stuff about shop and carousel RNG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWhJEDqnlo

Dark star shaco with rfc, ga and some healing is always open and is very strong.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

njsykora posted:

I've ran it down a fair bit the last few days and dropped from the brink of Plat 4 back to Gold 2. Not feeling good about my goal of hitting Plat by season's end.

Rooting for you njsykora, I know that feeling.
Bouncing up and down plat for weeks, hitting 93 lp and then losing a bunch, rinse and repeat.
But I played 8 games this weekend and went from plat 1 0 lp to diamond 3.
Feels good.

Looking forward to the new set, even though the game has never been more balanced.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Sett ulting my 9 cultist Galio and oneshotting my whole team is pretty funny, but maybe not very balanced.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

Sett, by his design, is a high-variance unit. If you compare him to another standout frontliner, Shen, itís way harder to get him 2-starred, and his only trait is an almost entirely selfish one (it gives Warwick a little HP and thatís it). Shen is always going to activate Mystic and Adept, which are absolutely amazing team-wife buffs, but more subtle than Sett dunking someone. When Sett is in the perfect situation, dunking some Nunu with 99999 HP, he seems unbeatable, but heís just as likely to CC an irrelevant target, run away till the rest of your team dies, and die halfway through casting his dunk again.

Anyway I loving love this set. Best set theyíve made yet

True, true, but maybe the Galio should be immune to his ult. To have a nine man synergy be actively detrimental because of one guy (bronze Sett btw) feels really bad.

I haven't found any teams that speak to me, like team wife, protectors or glacials, and I don't like the new five stars.

njsykora posted:

And it was a truly reprehensible comp that got me there. Dunks for days.

Congrats man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Does Kench's thing stop true damage?
Does Ezreal's ult stack with dazzler?

I have nowhere else to brag about this: ended diamond 2 last set!