Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think it could be good with more frontline like hyperroll Ziggs + Malphite, idk what fits well with enlightened mage though, maybe fortune frontline with Annie and go down to 4 enlightened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think the biggest problem with Nami being good is that Jinx exists and uses most of the same components but better. The best Nami comp I can think of is hyperroll Nami, Fiora, TF, Tahm Kench with fortune chosen pref. Add Annie at 5 for 3 mage 3 chosen 2 enlightened and if you hit it's an easy top 4. Prio sword > tear > rod and pivot to Jinx if you miss. This actually sounds epic and I think I will try it out

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Back in diamond after not really playing a lot since 3.0 ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
5% max hp on hit sounds like a disgusting round 2 slam lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Cursed giant slayer seems sick

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I miss candy land which was the second best comp ever after brawler blaster. So hyperroll being back is cool

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

pog boyfriend posted:

hyperroll is a game mode where you do not have economy and the games are much shorter, giving you lots of free gold and leveling you up automatically. however this set also does have a hyperroll comp in hellion, also

Oh a different game mode? That’s kind of cool

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I went 1 2 with Teemo and Draven/Kayle. Cool set

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
What were they thinking with shadow blue buff lol. It's almost as good as regular blue buff then gets way way better

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
As a hardstuck multi diamond player I think forcing is ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

pog boyfriend posted:

me at the start of set 3: what the hell is this. i dont know what these guys are. who is this. what the f is a "space pirate"

me today: mort dog i will literally give you money if you go back to set 3 again

Set 3 ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
How does dawnbringer work btw can I use it with runaans? Can I give riven shadow runaans and she heals a million hp?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I mean legionnaire

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Draven Morde lotto is probably #1 comp this patch but I hate level 7 lotto. I miss my favorite comp ever Brawler Blaster which had a super clear but flexible build path at all levels so you could force it basically every game

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

kingcobweb posted:

If you LIKED brawler/blaster, you'll LOVE brawler/spellcaster... blaster... spellweaver! Just mix and match any backline casters w/ brawlers, move items to Koz/Heimer late

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I have decided that my favorite comp is now Skirmishers because it has a really consistent power curve and you can just buy all the Skirmisher champs and mix and match strongest teams while building your comp at the same time. Too bad it’s gonna get nerfed but hopefully they don’t trash it

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Yeah I got trashed after a 20 streak by an ironclad Kayle so I need to figure out how to tech in magic damage. Probably keep 4 dragonslayer but drop viego/kennen/6th skirmisher and flex in heimer and other stuff idk. Or 2 dslayer drop morde and trundle keep viego for assassin and because viego ftw. Seems possible, to me

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Jax/panth/trundle, morde/diana, rell, Darius, random heimer lol. That's my ironclad counter.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Kayle not a bad idea but the positioning would be annoying since you can't really corner with skirmishers

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

pog boyfriend posted:

kayle is so easy to fit into a team, i especially love the verdant taric/kayle package as a way of filling out a 6/7 unit team if kayle is uncontested. but she never is

Taric kayle over Darius heimer is a good idea bc then you’re only losing nightbringer but can keep 4 dslayer to push the ap buff. Maybe back line trundle and rell? to corner kayle then taric on Jax morde or panth morde if you have qss on jax. I think I will experiment with this :thanks:

e: something like this

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 17, 2021

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Positioning is why I'm hardstuck diamond :negative:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Position better lil noobeh

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Hellion sion sounds cool but is it better than abomination 5? Idk but that’s probably what I’d use a shadow spat on

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The other problem is who to give the hellion spat to, the rez works best with someone who doesn’t need items to function e.g. ryze but hellion and abomination get stronger with stars so ideally it’s on like a 3 star kallista. But then you have a 3 star kallista you can’t put any other items on

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Ok that makes more sense to me

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Well perhaps I will try it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Yeah econing well and learning how to play best boards can easily carry you to diamond without knowing the in and out specifics of which comps are the best. In a lot of cases it’s better to play a slightly lower tier comp that isn’t getting contested vs trying to hit against 2 other people anyway