Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does anyone have a rule of thumb (or hard factors) to consider when selling off and re-speccing into a different comp? It's one thing to be hedging between a couple of comps and picking one, but I just had success selling off completely and going for something completely open, and I wonder if that isn't something I should be letting myself do more often.

Also, just to confirm my own thinking - the pool can reasonably support two people in a given archetype, right? Obviously being the only person rolling for certain champs is best, but should I be terrified if there's one other person gobbling up Star Guardians or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Does anyone really enjoy playing the galaxies where you get to do less poo poo? Binary star, dwarf planet, the blessedly removed littler little legends.

It's like if they actually made the jokey NURF mode from 6 years ago.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Moving jhin’s numbers back to fours was also an upgrade.

Also a riot plz as gently caress bug fix here.

https://twitter.com/tft/status/1286443588994269184?s=21

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

We're getting information about Fates!

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/tft-fates-mechanic-and-origins/

The new mechanic is Chosen -Champs will sometimes pop in the store as 2 star (costing 3x the usual amount) and doubling up on one of its traits. Owning a Chosen champ will stop further chosens from appearing in the store.

Traits:

Warlord - gain HP and spell power, with an additional bonus for being in winning combat, stacking up to 5 times

Moonlight - a 3 piece trait with only 1 or 2 cost units, when activated, upgrades the lowest star unit. Allows for 4 starred units (presumably this only happens once, right?)

Cultist - the replacement for mech pilot. Summons a giant demonic galio with strength dependent on the number of cultists you have (breakpoints at 3, 6, and 9). 9 Cultist Galio has 7000 health and 600 ad lol.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Of course. That makes way more sense, haha.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Holy poo poo The Boss has the best trait in the game.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's beautiful.

I just realized how they're going to balance Sett, and "Stronger core - Sett now does sit-ups 20% faster" is going to appear in patch notes one day.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i havent played TFT since release does anyone have any guides that can catch me up to speed on literally just like a general way to play every game

The two things that helped me when I started in Galaxies (after not playing since release) were watching a streamer a lot - I found SaintVicious and superjj102 to give reasonable running commentary - and, more significantly, installing a plug in. Not having to expend brain power to try to remember how to make certain items or think of broad outlines of team comps freed up room to actually notice what's open, think about positioning, and all the other stuff in the game. You'll be less creative than average, at least for a while, but I found it makes games feel less frustrating, which means you'll keep playing, and the weird builds can come later.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Aerox posted:

It sounds like I need to write down all the different carries and comps and what items they all need before I jump back in and try again, which I probably should have done before I started playing.

It’s a crutch, but I have overwolf installed for this reason.

Also, I do not understand how to get scrap to transition at all and just ate an 8th place because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I remember when Galaxies came out and Dark Star was an important trait and the champions were indistinguishable, just a pile of red and purple angles.