Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

It's a scary world out there with COVID-19 going around. It would probably be best to stay inside and watch movies. In fact, your boss may even told you to permanently stay inside and watch movies. But watching movies alone is no fun. What good is watching something if you can't chat with your friends while watching it? I agree. That's why I made a website to do a massive goon/friend watch party 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It's a relatively simple interface, just a big rear end video stream with a chat box on the side. It should work on all devices, PC, iOS, Android, SmartTV, Xbox, Playstation, FireTV OS, etc. It should also work in all web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, etc. The chat is Discord based so as long as you have a Discord account you can chat with us. You can even join the Discord server permanently with the invite link below and use your phone or device to chat while you fullscreen the video stream on your main watching device.

This website should be able to support quite a lot of people. Over the last few days of beta testing using GBS goons we have gone up to 40+ viewers and it put nearly zero strain on the system, worked flawlessly. So don't even feel bad about leaving a tab open and muting it and checking back later. I have briefly discussed with other members about becoming video DJs, giving them time slots to stream whatever they see fit. While nothing is quite set in stone yet I am interested in finding a handful of people who have the resources available to participate. If this is something you would be interested in please reach out to me and we will discuss it. Preliminary wise, you will need a computer that can run OBS in 1080p with at least 3,500kpbs upload speed capabilities as well as a very large movie library.

As of right now I have a Now Playing Discord bot to announce the name and year of the film, but maybe tonight or tomorrow I will be working on getting Discord itself to display what is currently playing. If you join midway through a movie you can always scroll up until you see the Now Playing bot, or ask anyone in chat. I am also looking for Discord mods who can help keep the peace throughout the day even if I am not online. If this is something you;d be interested please reach out to me.

I am trying to play a good mix of popular films and more deep cuts that us film nerds would really enjoy. If you have film ideas, genre ideas, theme ideas, etc please tell me or post a Letterboxd list. I have 7,500 films personally so there is a very solid chance I will have a large majority of what you want to see and can slap it in the queue or straight up just change the movie that's playing if the chat agrees. When it comes down to it, it's roughly 350+ films per month to stream 24/7. There is no way I can pull this off without your input. Help me out!

I look forward to watching with you goons!

Stream Link: https://windowsmoviehouse.com/
Discord Server: https://discord.com/invite/Q7z2Ac7

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ehud posted:

We’re watching Predator now. Get in here, goons.

You don’t watch Predator. You experience it.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 21, 2020

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

remember when Robert Cop shot that man in the penis

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Fixed an issue where the Discord was kicking people randomly. Shouldn't do that anymore! Also a new Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/4YRHUZS

I had "Grant Temporary Membership" enabled so it wouldn't actually join the server and would eventually kick you for idling or refreshing. It will not do this anymore.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Per the guy who made the Discord chat bot

Until then, Discord still certainly works. Just join the server with the invite link. Hopefully the chat works tomorrow! Too bad I didn't write the bot. It's nothing on my end or your end. His bot is just bad.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

Per the guy who made the Discord chat bot

Until then, Discord still certainly works. Just join the server with the invite link. Hopefully the chat works tomorrow! Too bad I didn't write the bot. It's nothing on my end or your end. His bot is just bad.

Looks like he fixed it! (for now)

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ehud posted:

this is a wild ride

I went to sleep and Wargames was on

I woke up to a Shaolin movie

and now we're watching a movie about a talking, sentient vagina

Another satisfied customer!

But really though thanks for viewing with me goons. This has so far been a ton of fun. Averaging between 16-24 people almost 24/7 now. Plenty of people chatting along with the movie. We have watched some popular stuff, some weird stuff, and some dope deep cuts so far. Please, feel free to suggest any themes or genres. Even specific movies. I will do what I can! Right now I am curating the playlist for tonight as High Tension plays out. What are you all in the mood for tonight?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I updated the OP! Now let's get drunk on a Wednesday and watch movies.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

This is cool as poo poo op

Thank you! I'm just glad I can watch cool movies with people. This is a lot of fun. Come join us folks!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Updated the website interface a bit. It should now display what it is currently playing. If you click on the Now Playing banner it will show you the progress through the film. I have also added a play history link in the bottom right corner. Chat, as before, has been semi unreliable today. The WidgetBot devs for the Discord bot are perpetually breaking things and have no idea what working in a development environment then pushing to production means. It has been a tiny bit slow, so if it you give it a minute it will eventually connect and work properly. As always I recommend just joining the Discord.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but in light of recent events...

Please do not use the N word in chat. Please do not tell people you are going to kill them. Please do not post your dick in the chat. Please keep the topic of chat semi-film related.

Thanks

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

that movie had some tits

It's very possible late tonight there is a film playing with an unbelievable amount of tits.... possibly...

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 18, 2020

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Jebediah posted:

*Petition to remove Chatterbox from all future playlists

I will not stand for this Chatterbox slander :colbert:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

ghost wife

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

nexus6 posted:

Loving the site OP. A possible suggestion: what about popup notifications when a movie starts/changes? Possibly pretty niche but I have it muted in a tab and it'd be nice to know when that happens. That or maybe a 'coming up' or docket playlist?

Other people have already mentioned the queue, but also in the Stream channel it will announce with a Now Playing bot to the channel the movie, year, and run time. It isn’t quite live refreshing (you must F5 to have it update) but on the actual website there is now a Now Playing banner you can see what is currently playing. You can also click the banner and it will show you the progress through the current film and time remaining. In the bottom right corner is a View History link to see what was played with more details about each movie.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

New queue line up. Sorry to whoever desperately wanted to the the 80's live action Super Mario Bros movie but I am cutting it from the line up and starting this new queue as soon as Pan's Labyrinth is over.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I did not realize it is 4/20. When the current queue ends I’ll put on some weed themed movies. The good news everything that is playing until then are also great movies to smoke weed to.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I decided I would rather play movies that are enjoyable to watch while high instead of weed themed movies because they usually suck. Sorry to all you Harold and Kumar fans.

Stream seems to be getting hammered right now. Please be patient while it tries it’s best. Ty god bless.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Upcoming queue. City of God isn't exactly a stoner movie but I felt like one good drama wouldn't hurt anyone

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Update: Friday the 13th part 6 is playing right now. but more importantly I hopefully have stopped the periodic stutter that was plaguing 1-2 movies every 24 hours. I had to update the code on the website. So if you are currently tuned in on any devices you will have to F5/Refresh that poo poo. Should be all working. And thank god the Discord chat devs finally stopped loving with it. Been working great for a while now. Come join us!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The RTMP server relay is being dumb af right now. trying to see what i can do to fix it but its on their end having an issue using the VideJS API calls. RIP.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Per the status page of the server hosting service that the the RTMP relay uses: https://status.digitalocean.com/

It seems to be causing a stutter on some devices. Of course once again we are plagued by other things breaking that are out of my control! DigitalOcean is one of the largest server providers in the world though so I imagine they won't let this problem persist for too much longer. If you join and it's choppy just try and wait it out or refresh a few times. It will sometimes get better for a while. I wish I could do more but it is in the hands of the server provider now.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Thing in 40 minutes. Tuning into Suspiria probably will make very little sense though.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Queue here! Get ya queue here! Hot off the press!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

sebmojo posted:

windows movie house isn't working for me, I'm getting everything but the movie :( Just an OFFLINE message (the site itself is loading, and the discord on the side is there). Any ideas? Tried a couple of different browsers...

As of 1 hour ago the devs were posting how they were messing with the back end to try and fix the weird JSVideo errors causing the stuttering. They started last night at like 3am. It’s sort of like I’ve been cursed by one service or another being down or “updated”. First the discord bot now the stream people. It’s insanely frustrating.

They are claiming that it should semi work for now. I watched the stream just now on my TV and it was working. But that seems subject to change. I’ve been yelling at the devs in discord telling them to stop loving it up.

Apparently no one on earth knows how to keep their poo poo running :( I hope it’ll be working fine again soon. Try the ol Ctrl F5

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I can hardly watch Akira because the stream is being dumb but I know it is anime so I am going to assume it is BAD!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

If they don't fix this poo poo before Space Jam tonight I will rage

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

If they don't fix this poo poo before Space Jam tonight I will rage

Wow it’s true if you will things hard enough they will come to fruition! Please join us for Space Jam in like 25 minutes

E: drat I shouldn’t said anything :(

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 23, 2020

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Queue posted!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Yes the stream is down until some developer magic. Left the stream open so when it works it does. Periodically check back

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Notice from the devs from the stream servers

Stream is live and hopefully won't be breaking any time soon. They claim to be finished loving around with it. Sorry you missed some movies bros. Come back and have some fun.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The stream should be solid and reliable from here. All the errors are fixed. Everything is running well and the stream and sicord bot devs confirmed that they are done with all their moves to the V2's. Been running flawlessly for hours. I think we gottem boys!

Also sorry for nerding out and flexing my humblebrags this evening.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Queue queue queue. I forgot to post it earlier. 7 Days in Hell is about to start. I will probably end up freestyling it later tonight. Please come join us before you miss something you enjoy! We need more peeps. Got some good regulars, come join the fun. Almost always someone watching and chatting.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

about 20 minutes until Galaxy Quest starts playing you jabronis

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Stream will be down for a short bit while I figure out some weird things happening. Sorry for the delay. Queue will start as normal when I get it going. It's almost comical how every single thing is failing one after the other. Just gotta laugh at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

STREAM IS BACK BABY

Just started Galaxy Quest