Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Good country, Bad country, Okay bistro ?

Please discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:shrug:

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT
Beirut's got some dope architecture. That's all i got. Truth be told i thought Lebanon was a Qanon backup server until i googled it.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Sup Chinatown! Have you been getting any backlash or insensitive remarks since the Covid
-19 thing started?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lebanoff

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Salty Josh posted:

Sup Chinatown! Have you been getting any backlash or insensitive remarks since the Covid
-19 thing started?

In real life? No, because I'm extremely white.

Online? Only when playing videogames online because racism springs eternal there.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My GF is Lebanese and everyone of her and her cousins look like Kate Upton and that’s basically what every chick in their 20’s looks like over there so I’m gonna have to say it’s p good OP

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 14, 2020

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

Online? Only when playing videogames online because racism springs eternal there.

Well, youre the man. Continue posting. Youre doing God's work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lebanon is french for "the banon"

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
E:

Chinatown posted:

It's a sad state. A sad, sad state :russo:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm dumb.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 14, 2020

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Oh yeah, lebanon too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
any country where you can get shawarma streetside is good

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
If I ever have a son, I'll name him Alexandre Shawarma

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Everybody gather around, I brought kibbeh nayyeh for you all to enjoy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
isn't that a place from Dune or something? it's not real right?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Play posted:

isn't that a place from Dune or something? it's not real right?

Hush now. Try some of this toum, spread it on some naan bread.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lib anon

hmm

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

A country full of libertarian 4chan users

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Isn't it the Italy of the middle East? I think that's how it works: a culinary genius country per region

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Chateau Musar makes some of the most interesting wines on the planet from the warm inland area, the Bekaa Valley. They've operated almost continuously for decades, making wine amidst civil wars. In harsher times (like the 1970s) you'll notice their bottle shapes and colors change annually, because getting access to the same consistent glass can be difficult in wartime. They grow two ancient white grapes, Obaideh and Merwah, that are thought to be amongst the oldest still cultivated grapes in the world, and are related to Chardonnay and Semillon, respectively. Their amazing reds taste like Chinese five spice, mushrooms and leather, and can easily age 40+ years. But the real treasure is their tiny production of rosé if you can find it, which is a wild combination of dried herbs, game meat and strawberries. Well, that's my story on Musar, thanks for reading. Tune into my IG live for more hot wine tips.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Seems like a pretty dope place with good food imo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Crimson posted:

Chateau Musar makes some of the most interesting wines on the planet from the warm inland area, the Bekaa Valley. They've operated almost continuously for decades, making wine amidst civil wars. In harsher times (like the 1970s) you'll notice their bottle shapes and colors change annually, because getting access to the same consistent glass can be difficult in wartime. They grow two ancient white grapes, Obaideh and Merwah, that are thought to be amongst the oldest still cultivated grapes in the world, and are related to Chardonnay and Semillon, respectively. Their amazing reds taste like Chinese five spice, mushrooms and leather, and can easily age 40+ years. But the real treasure is their tiny production of rosé if you can find it, which is a wild combination of dried herbs, game meat and strawberries. Well, that's my story on Musar, thanks for reading. Tune into my IG live for more hot wine tips.

Stop writing out the backs of wine bottles into your posts while you're at the liquor store.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mm love things that taste like chemically altered cowhide

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

its p rural but it has the biggest town green in connecticut op, impressive i know

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Stop writing out the backs of wine bottles into your posts while you're at the liquor store.

No.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Many of the women in my family claim Lebanese heritage despite being 3rd generation Americans. They can all cook their asses off though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i guess lebanon suits my needs, op

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Everytime I go to the deli I see Lebanon Bologna and have no idea what it is and am too afraid to try it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

givepatajob posted:

Everytime I go to the deli I see Lebanon Bologna and have no idea what it is and am too afraid to try it.

its BEEF bologna whatta waitin for????

dk2m
May 6, 2009
if you see a lebanese person, call them a 7ayawan they love it

redback3
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah well, I was supposed to, but then Arne came and put my head into some porridge.
Great food, not sure about the decor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a beautiful country and I had a family member accidentally pal around with terrorists when they visited because they wanted to see some ancient roman ruins that were in the area. Turns out the ruins in question are/were under the control of Hezbollah and my family member was an oblivious person who was just like oh the guards there take the site very serious, theyre quite heavily armed, nice folks though and had no idea they were terrorists or that they were in grave danger.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Oh no, it was good

Gaddafi your high horse, boom!

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Beirut in the 60's was a destination playground for the jet-set. Lots of pics online of how rad it was.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't know poo poo about lebanon except they have great food and inarguably the best version of hummus. thumbs up to lebanon, imo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rivethead posted:

Beirut in the 60's was a destination playground for the jet-set. Lots of pics online of how rad it was.

Wasn’t that Iran too?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

super good food. I could seriously gently caress up a fattoush right now. its a shame some of the ingredients to make it properly are harder to get (you know, when normal shopping is a thing). very few stores sell sumac spice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My great aunt made the best mahklouta and grapeleaves and always had a nice bottle of arak on hand and her husband convinced me to never root for the buffalo bills so Lebanon has been very good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Aishlinn posted:

super good food. I could seriously gently caress up a fattoush right now. its a shame some of the ingredients to make it properly are harder to get (you know, when normal shopping is a thing). very few stores sell sumac spice.

Just got to an indian owned spice market instead of your local grocer. If you are in any sort of metro area it should be available.