Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Thread title: AEW Dynamite 04/15: Thinking About It, Lance Archer's theme is super inappropriate for a thread title.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249472556643516416
Kip Sabian (w/ Penelope Ford) vs. Chuck Taylor (w/ Orange Cassidy)

Kip Sabian, who will be facing Dustin Rhodes in quarter finals action in the TNT tournament, faces an actually strong test as he takes on the best wrestler in the world who is in way better shape than Tyler Black, the Kentucky Gentleman Chuck Taylor. With Orange Cassidy around ringside to counter Penelope Ford is his ever beloved style, the usual strategy for Sabian and Ford seems like a bad road to go down and maybe Kip Sabian won't kick out of the loving awful waffle god drat it.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249095122836492290
Shawn Spears in action after his loss in the TNT Championship tournament

Shawn Spears will face someone from the peanut gallery, whether that is Lee Johnson or someone else, I know who it won't be as Spears is still on the look out for a tag team partner as he's realized that the singles division just isn't where Shawn Spears shines, so maybe he'll find a partner or a friend in his opponent tonight, or maybe his gambling problem will get the better of him.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249064944479408128
Dr. Britt Baker DMD in action after her loss in singles competition

Last week Dr. Baker broke her nose for us, the fans, and this week she is out for revenge against someone, anyone and I can only speculate that Dr. Baker is going to face Dani Jordan, since she was so friendly with Anna Jayy last week before her loss to Hikaru Shida, who is cool and good.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1248974373412839424
Sammy “Gross Foot” Guevara vs. “Pineapple Pete” Suge D for Chris Jericho's Honor.

Sammy Guevara has taken up the torch his father figure Chris Jericho lit last week complaining on commentary about the man he called Pineapple Pete, but we know better as Sugar Dunkerton, Suge cut a great promo for the match and I hope he becomes a potential star in AEW, because if anyone would have earned his place among the stars, it's Suge loving D.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249895340020555779
TNT Championship Tournament Quarter Finals: Lance Archer vs. Colt Cabana

EVERYBODY DIIIIIIIIiiiiIIIIIiiiiiIIIIiiiIIIIIIIES

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249865135512006657
Empty Arena Match, No Holds Barred, Totally Wasn't Filmed Somewhere Else Match for the AEW World's Championship: Jon Moxley vs. Jake Hager

The Elephant in the Room (and that room is in Las Vegas as far as I can guess) is the feud between Jake Hager and Jon Moxley, a fools errand since we don't like Hager (no one really does) and Moxley hasn't been able to join us on Dynamite in a real sense considering he almost died of MRSA. After long and drawn out series of video packages and sit down interviews building up the match, it's time to rip that band-aid off and hopefull shunt Jake Hager back into being the silent muscle for Chris Jericho where he can stare blankly at a drone projecting a hologram.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1249804785685082113
Jim Ross to call the match that is totally going to emmanate from the same location as the rest of Dynamite this week.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1250378539519655937
The Cool Guys Ride Again: Excalibur and Taz recap Dynamite in a post-show following the broadcast.

All of that and #JoinDarkOrder tonight on AEW Dynamite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am excited for the grapplemans and the grapplewomans but not in the sexy way

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That Archer/Colt match had better not be anything other than a squash.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Taken from another thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oil! posted:

Holy poo poo

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Oil! posted:

Requires sound...and holy gently caress

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1249761819532689408

If you’re gonna hype it up this much, it better be one hell of a thing. Especially since it’s a pretape and they already know how it came out.

I’ll admit, I’m interested to see if Mox can carry Hager to a good match in a no holds barred stipulation.

What’s the difference between no holds barred and no DQ, anyway? I’ve always been a little fuzzy on that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There isn't one, it just depends on the context, No Holds Barred implies less weapon use than NO DQ or Hardcore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it means you can touch the pp.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me thinks "the best empty arena match of all time" is just a very clever joke.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cavauro posted:

it means you can touch the pp.

I suppose that is a hold

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

That Archer/Colt match had better not be anything other than a squash.

Yeah, what is the fastest you think Archer can set up for the superman pin?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Longest Yard

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What are they playing at with this Double or Nothing empty arena poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They have a contract and are a company, I don't know what is so confusing about this. They don't know what the gently caress they are doing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A payday for the folks in the locker room. Putting smiles on the faces of the fans all across the globe. A little bit of hope. I know AEW isn't a family like the WWE, but they are trying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Risking your talent and their families' lives for a no-crowd meaningless PPV is heinous poo poo. Exactly the same as when WWE did Mania. I hope none of the wrestlers or crew get sick.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Risking your talent and their families' lives for a no-crowd meaningless PPV is heinous poo poo. Exactly the same as when WWE did Mania. I hope none of the wrestlers or crew get sick.

Have you considered writing a congressman or something? You keep yelling at people in the AEW thread about it. I think we all agree its prob bad, but if they are contractually obligated to run a show, a show they will run.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thank God for the good wrestling company on this, the most Judas of Wednesdays.

Oil! posted:

And thank God for this.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

They don't know what they are doing yet. All they've said so far is that the show at the MGM Grand with crowd is off, and more details "will be revealed in the weeks ahead with features of the event itself ultimately being determined by the latest guidance of national and global health authorities."

Basically, they had to announce the full show was off so fans could cancel their travel and they will figure out what to do about the rest depending on what happens. Maybe save the outrage until they actually announce whatever the hell that may be.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
ahem

*checks notes*

IT'S WEDNESDAY MOTHERFUCKERS

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m ready

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol that's a hell of a way to inject some tension into your climax.

"Shoot that man, oh wait, he's just getting a ball."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:siren: Dynamite is live and a Lance Archer recap.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like this trend of every episode of Dynamite starting with Jake.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I remember liking the Adam Sandler remake of The Longest Yard. Now seeing Tracey Morgan I am wondering what the hell was I thinking.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Have you considered writing a congressman or something? You keep yelling at people in the AEW thread about it. I think we all agree its prob bad, but if they are contractually obligated to run a show, a show they will run.

I don't live in America. I have been in lockdown for the past month.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Alright here we go

Why was that guy going to snipe Adam Sandler from very close range?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake winked at me!! Eeeeee

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Colt Cabana gonna die

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jake's been tightening his promos and they're back to being good again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lance enjoys balls.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jake is still terrifying.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love balls

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Mons Hubris posted:

Alright here we go

Why was that guy going to snipe Adam Sandler from very close range?

poor screenwriting

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Welcome to wednesday night dynamite where every body dies.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jericho on commentary again? Hell yes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'd like to put forth the idea that every dynamite starts with a Jake the snake promo

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Those gloves, I love em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wait what