Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

AJ was on Corey's podcast

Somehow, I don't think Karl and Luke are really hurting? They were booked in top spots for what I'm assuming was top pay? Unless Gallows got really hosed on alimony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Somehow, I don't think Karl and Luke are really hurting? They were booked in top spots for what I'm assuming was top pay? Unless Gallows got really hosed on alimony.

WWE never really pulled the trigger on them and they were barely important and were even off tv for most of 2019. Only time they were ever relevant were when AJ needed lackeys. I mean they were paid fine from getting signed from Japan but yeah, their WWE run was mostly a flop imo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Critical posted:

Going 25 minutes against Kip Sabian at Fight for the Fallen hurt Hangman worse I think. Should have been a 10 minute match tops. All I could think was the challenger for the title can't even put away this geek?

people keep saying poo poo like this about kip but he's looked strong in literally every match against top guys and has only really lost to the strongest of the midcard or top guys. if you only go by what he does on AEW he's a solid mid carder and if you knew nothing about him before fight for the fallen what reason is there to judge hangman for not squashing him.

but also glorified squashes are loving lame for even a free PPV esp one before you have weekly TV to build storylines.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The only real downfall of Kip-Hangman at the time was that neither had really hit their character’s stride yet. I’d be totally into seeing their current versions face off now (which I guess we’re getting next week, in a way).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

people keep saying poo poo like this about kip but he's looked strong in literally every match against top guys and has only really lost to the strongest of the midcard or top guys. if you only go by what he does on AEW he's a solid mid carder and if you knew nothing about him before fight for the fallen what reason is there to judge hangman for not squashing him.

but also glorified squashes are loving lame for even a free PPV esp one before you have weekly TV to build storylines.

Right but at the time he was unknown. Having him last 10-12 minutes to one of the #1 contenders shouldn't hurt him. We're not talking buckshot, deadeye, leave, here.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A good long match is good.

Kip/Hangman was long and really boring.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At that time Hangman had been heavily featured in all the initial promotion, was one of the most well known names in the company and was booked for the initial title match. Kip (and I love Kip) was just some guy. The only reason to have Kip go so long with Hangman was to put Kip over as a big deal but neither the pre match promotion, the match itself or the post-match booking indicated that was meant to be the takeaway.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Rarity posted:

AJ was on Corey's podcast

so it sounds like Luke/Karl didn't want to re-sign, but AJ pushed them to do it, and they did (cult anyone?)

coconono posted:

I'm guessing they're hurting in the sense that they could have gone to AEW like a year ago, instead of getting hosed around for a year, then fired and let go into the coronaverse where they can't really just up and join AEW on a whim (I guess due to some 90 day no-compete or whatever, unlike FTR)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 28, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Randaconda posted:

Intergender matches suck, anyway. Nothing more entertaining than watching man on woman violence

i think this is always a danger with intergender but it's not exactly, like, a guarantee, and if the match is booked such that the women participating don't look any less strong than the men, it can whip serious rear end.

like, the Candice/Joey Ryan vs Young Bucks hardcore match from PWG is absurdly brutal and bloody and honestly a little difficult to watch, but it's also a genuinely amazing match, and a lot of that is that they make Candice look like one of the baddest motherfuckers on planet earth. she's not just there to get the poo poo beaten out of her, she's there to do a lot of poo poo-beating herself too. and the result is that it doesn't feel like you're watching a woman get abused, you're instead just seeing a woman get treated as a genuinely equal competitor to the men, and that rules.

but on the other hand some of the Lucha Underground intergender stuff with Cage was just "watch this gigantic beef slab squash a tiny lady" and that was... not fun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i think this is always a danger with intergender but it's not exactly, like, a guarantee, and if the match is booked such that the women participating don't look any less strong than the men, it can whip serious rear end.

like, the Candice/Joey Ryan vs Young Bucks hardcore match from PWG is absurdly brutal and bloody and honestly a little difficult to watch, but it's also a genuinely amazing match, and a lot of that is that they make Candice look like one of the baddest motherfuckers on planet earth. she's not just there to get the poo poo beaten out of her, she's there to do a lot of poo poo-beating herself too. and the result is that it doesn't feel like you're watching a woman get abused, you're instead just seeing a woman get treated as a genuinely equal competitor to the men, and that rules.

but on the other hand some of the Lucha Underground intergender stuff with Cage was just "watch this gigantic beef slab squash a tiny lady" and that was... not fun.

I think it's just my childhood. :smith:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Randaconda posted:

I think it's just my childhood. :smith:

It definitely carries baggage the virtue of its nature. Little flippy guy vs monster heel is a great match to watch but I don't think I could watch that if it was a little flippy gal.

Clearly the solution is to have Nyla just demolish little cruiserweight dudes.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Clearly the solution is to have Nyla just demolish little cruiserweight dudes.

This is the solution regardless of the problem.

I want Nyla to launch Peter Avalon off the top of a truck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Boris the Bullet-Dodger from Snatch, except it's Rusev Miroslav

Why do they call him Boris the Bullet-Dodger?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

He's really into macrame.

I don't get it either, personally

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Because he dodges bullets, avi.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

He refuses to watch the classic Steve McQueen film

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
Coward Tony: WWE superstars. I should've known. Anti-workrate, scripted promo schmucks. What do you know about this Bulgarian?
Bullet Tooth Tony Schiavone: Ex-WWE cancer. He was a highly trained sports entertainer. He'll be impossible to cuck now.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You used so many vince words I no longer understand those sentences as language

which may be your intent

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chris DeJoseph, former Lucha Underground writer who kissed WWE's rear end to get another job, was let go today.

Never forget:

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1266546423023259648

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Benne posted:

Chris DeJoseph, former Lucha Underground writer who kissed WWE's rear end to get another job, was let go today.

Never forget:

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1266546423023259648

Yeah that was a lame thing for him to do but hey, LU was awesome!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
For a season and a half, yeah

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Wasn't he "Big Dick Johnson" and forced to dance in a speedo in WWE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
From Ryder's podcast:

quote:

Zack Ryder: “I’m sitting by the pool with Chelsea, and she has a weird look on her face. She’s like, ‘Uh, someone from WWE asked me if Otis and Mandy Rose and a camera crew can come here to film a pool scene for SmackDown.’ I was shaking in anger. You fired me but you want to use my pool?”

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

From Ryder's podcast:

:lmao:

the loving balls of this lovely company

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

From Ryder's podcast:

Jesus loving Christ those loving assholes. You almost have to admire the sheer audacity of it all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Both shows are quickly approaching a 1.5 average while they continue to be monsters so there's that at least

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they're doing worse than Nitro was at the end :allears:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

From Ryder's podcast:

Did he say yes?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Did he say yes?

No, they had to use someone else's pool from the roster they didn't fire

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

RealFoxy posted:

From Ryder's podcast:
hahaha holy poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what a nice gift they gave him, it feels great to be completely justified in telling someone to go gently caress themselves

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I always try to follow the saying "Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence." Which when dealing with Vince/WWE can be very hard.

But even if we are being extremely generous to the WWE here, and assuming incompetence, or even ignorance, (i.e. the intern they got to ring Chelsea didn't know that Zack had been fired, or that they were engaged.), it is still staggering how bad at their jobs the WWE is. And how tone deaf, callous and hosed up the whole thing is.

Either they didn't take Zack's name and address of their "who has a pool we can use for free" file, they did it to gently caress with him, or they did it because they expected him to roll over like a lapdog because it is an honour that WWE would ask for anything yum yum that boot tastes lovely Mr McMahon.

2 out of 3 of those reasons are evil, and the other is not the level of competence on would expect from a million dollar company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well lil Drake 'Rockstar Spud' Maverick engaged in some of the most egregious bootlicking I've ever seen since Vichy France so a lot of the usual "stupid before evil" analysis is out the window. This company needs a six month pause so employees, contractors and management can work out some deep personal poo poo.

WWE either fired or "fired" Drake but either way he willingly came back and that shows some serious loyalty issues. I question Drake's mental health. WWE is exploiting a sick man for personal gain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spud is a boot licker and probably a chud and it was slimy to take part in the firing thing when peers and friends got actually fired. But labeling him mentally ill for eating poo poo for a job would make a lot of people mentally ill and seems kind of lovely.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You know how you work at the factory and eventually you die of a cancer?

Its the same thing. WWE created an environment that is incredibly harmful to people's mental health.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE is toxic and poo poo and all but Spud's a white guy making real money. He's not dying of black lung in a coal mine as he sends his kid in after him. That comparison feels... wrong.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Spud's making real money

Less than he was pre-them firing him during a pandemic

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Less than he was pre-them firing him during a pandemic

(probably) True but he's still not singing Sixteen Tons.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 8, 2020

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Some people say a man is made outta spud
A poor man's made outta muscle and chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Berzerker posted: