Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/139490/longtime-wwe-producer-gone-after-14-year-run.html?p=1
https://www.pwinsider.com/article/139492/another-wwe-producer-gone-from-company.html?p=1

Mike Rotunda and Sarah Stock have been released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
These people cannot have been making that much. Do they think they can juke the stock with this?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If they’ve been furloughed, I don’t think they’ve been getting paid anyway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

removing this post to supplement the nice post below

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 11, 2020

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Nut Bunnies posted:

Do they think they can juke the stock with this?

Was that Sarah's catchphrase?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nut Bunnies posted:

These people cannot have been making that much. Do they think they can juke the stock with this?

They probably can is the sad thing. And of course they're not going to fire dream. Dream is somebody's pet project, the only upside of their lovely performance center and being a sex creep is a career builder in a company full of sex creeps. They outright lied about investigating it. They don't care, they never will and we can't make them care.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 11, 2020

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're also taking advantage of the state of the world right now because they know that if another Dream accuser appears or they fire someone while injured or pregnant or whatever, something terrible will happen in another twenty minutes to distract everyone. There have been plenty of scandals just this year alone that would have gotten more attention in the past when everything wasn't on fire all the time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wrestlezone posted:

According to a source speaking with WrestleZone, multiple live event staff members, including technical crew and show producers, have been released by WWE today after being furloughed earlier this year.

It was noted that there was hope the event staff could stay on with the company in some way, but now there’s internal concern that a lot more ‘public releases’ could still be coming.

quote:

Some of the people released today were notified via email that they weren’t being brought back but the total number of employees released today is unknown. According to a report by PWInsider.com it’s believed that “over 60 staffers” were let go on Thursday as part of the WWE cuts. Most of the people let go this week were already furloughed in April or had been working in departments that are inactive due to COVID-19.

Earlier this week, a number of notable names were cut from their positions including Gerald Brisco (talent scout), Mike Rotunda and Sarah Stock (producer) and staff writer Anthony Benigno. Despite the cuts being made it’s not believed that WWE will be letting any wrestlers go at this time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shame but at the end of the day it is completely unavoidable for this company that has just had their highest profit quarter in the entire history of their company while eliminating nearly all touring and transport costs.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Weren't there rumors that WWE was going to significantly cut down on live events post COVID? I know we're like, at minimum, 12 months from being able to tour the country again but this seems to give credence to that. What a lovely, lovely company. These people make a pittance and there's zero reason to cut them other than pure greed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Akileese posted:

Weren't there rumors that WWE was going to significantly cut down on live events post COVID? I know we're like, at minimum, 12 months from being able to tour the country again but this seems to give credence to that. What a lovely, lovely company. These people make a pittance and there's zero reason to cut them other than pure greed.

They had already cut way back on house shows before COVID. I am guessing the era of two tours is dead, maybe Friday Smackdown, Saturday house show, Sunday house show, Monday Raw?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How much could the salaries and benefits be for 60 live event staffers? 10 Million a year? Last quarter they made a record profit of $74 Million.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Astro7x posted:

How much could the salaries and benefits be for 60 live event staffers? 10 Million a year? Last quarter they made a record profit of $74 Million.

Yeah but it wasn’t $740 million and sorry to say, but the struggle is real. I feel bad for them not being able to make that $740 million.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

add Linda McMahon to the list of the recently unemployed.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
holy moley lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tony Chimel, who had been with the company since the Hulkamania days, just got fired

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/tony-chimel-released-part-wwe-staff-cuts-324731

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

been there since 89, let go in the middle of a pandemic. thats Vince McMahon and the WWE for ya

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JOHN CENA posted:

Tony Chimel, who had been with the company since the Hulkamania days, just got fired

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/tony-chimel-released-part-wwe-staff-cuts-324731

Bring him out to announce Cody's match at Revolution.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

been there since 89, let go in the middle of a pandemic. thats Vince McMahon and the WWE for ya

Excuse me, according to the right-wingers, the pandemic is over.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I guess Vince has no confidence in trump’s lawsuit plan to win the election

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
According to the PWInsider story about Chimel and others in the live event department being laid off, he started with WWE on a night to night basis on ring crew in 1983.

Tony Chimel was born on October 11, 1967. So he was most likely 15 when he started with them.

Yes, WWE, which has zero real financial concerns right now, just laid off someone who was probably the last ascended ring boy left in the company.

(And BTW, I'm not trying to imply he was abused or anything like that, just that it's kind of interesting, in part because I thought he was a bit older. And I don't think the article has anything to do with this.)

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Looks like Zelina Vega was just released

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1327384821211992066

And also posted this:

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1327382306491928576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high