Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

It's a scary world out there with COVID-19 going around. It would probably be best to stay inside and watch movies. In fact, your boss may even told you to permanently stay inside and watch movies. But watching movies alone is no fun. What good is watching something if you can't chat with your friends while watching it? I agree. That's why I made a website to do a massive goon/friend watch party 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It's a relatively simple interface, just a big rear end video stream with a chat box on the side. It should work on all devices, PC, iOS, Android, SmartTV, Xbox, Playstation, FireTV OS, etc. It should also work in all web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, etc. The chat is Discord based so as long as you have a Discord account you can chat with us. You can even join the Discord server permanently with the invite link below and use your phone or device to chat while you fullscreen the video stream on your main watching device.

This website should be able to support quite a lot of people. Over the last few days of beta testing using GBS goons we have gone up to 40+ viewers and it put nearly zero strain on the system, worked flawlessly. So don't even feel bad about leaving a tab open and muting it and checking back later. I have also talked with Franchescanado about making this the officially sanctioned CineD stream, and he seems keen on it. I am currently working with him to get him able to stream himself so he can host official CineD events, weekly films, and all sorts of stuff. I have also briefly discussed with other members about becoming video DJs, giving them time slots to stream whatever they see fit. While nothing is quite set in stone yet I am interested in finding a handful of people who have the resources available to participate. If this is something you would be interested in please reach out to me and we will discuss it. Preliminary wise, you will need a computer that can run OBS in 1080p with at least 3,500kpbs upload speed capabilities as well as a very large movie library.

As of right now I have a Now Playing Discord bot to announce the name and year of the film, but maybe tonight or tomorrow I will be working on getting Discord itself to display what is currently playing. If you join midway through a movie you can always scroll up until you see the Now Playing bot, or ask anyone in chat. I am also looking for Discord mods who can help keep the peace throughout the day even if I am not online. If this is something you;d be interested please reach out to me.

I am trying to play a good mix of popular films and more deep cuts that us CineD nerds would really enjoy. If you have film ideas, genre ideas, theme ideas, etc please tell me or post a Letterboxd list. I have 7,500 films personally so there is a very solid chance I will have a large majority of what you want to see and can slap it in the queue or straight up just change the movie that's playing if the chat agrees. When it comes down to it, it's roughly 350+ films per month to stream 24/7. There is no way I can pull this off without your input. Help me out!

I look goo to watching with you goons!

Stream Link: https://windowsmoviehouse.com/
Discord Server: https://discord.com/invite/Q7z2Ac7

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Probably a bad time for my ISP to randomly have an outage! I promise it works though.

EDIT: Internet problem resolved. Stream is live.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 16, 2020

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

This is good.

Today, I have sorta/kinda watched:

House (japanese trippy horror from the 70s)
A League of Their Own (a movie I didn't really watch but it's baseball from 1992 and has all the swooshy 90s orchestral soundtrack you could desire)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (lots of men and tights in this one from 1993)
The Goonies (this is a movie about child goons from 1985)

Come watch and I dunno procrastinate or something.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Hey you fools. Come join us.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Good god goons, you've been missing out on some primo poo poo. Bahubaali is the greatest epic ever filmed.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Windows 98 posted:

It's a scary world out there with COVID-19 going around. It would probably be best to stay inside and watch movies. In fact, your boss may even told you to permanently stay inside and watch movies. But watching movies alone is no fun. What good is watching something if you can't chat with your friends while watching it? I agree. That's why I made a website to do a massive goon/friend watch party 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It's a relatively simple interface, just a big rear end video stream with a chat box on the side. It should work on all devices, PC, iOS, Android, SmartTV, Xbox, Playstation, FireTV OS, etc. It should also work in all web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, etc. The chat is Discord based so as long as you have a Discord account you can chat with us. You can even join the Discord server permanently with the invite link below and use your phone or device to chat while you fullscreen the video stream on your main watching device.

This website should be able to support quite a lot of people. Over the last few days of beta testing using GBS goons we have gone up to 40+ viewers and it put nearly zero strain on the system, worked flawlessly. So don't even feel bad about leaving a tab open and muting it and checking back later. I have also talked with Franchescanado about making this the officially sanctioned CineD stream, and he seems keen on it. I am currently working with him to get him able to stream himself so he can host official CineD events, weekly films, and all sorts of stuff. I have also briefly discussed with other members about becoming video DJs, giving them time slots to stream whatever they see fit. While nothing is quite set in stone yet I am interested in finding a handful of people who have the resources available to participate. If this is something you would be interested in please reach out to me and we will discuss it. Preliminary wise, you will need a computer that can run OBS in 1080p with at least 3,500kpbs upload speed capabilities as well as a very large movie library.

As of right now I have a Now Playing Discord bot to announce the name and year of the film, but maybe tonight or tomorrow I will be working on getting Discord itself to display what is currently playing. If you join midway through a movie you can always scroll up until you see the Now Playing bot, or ask anyone in chat. I am also looking for Discord mods who can help keep the peace throughout the day even if I am not online. If this is something you;d be interested please reach out to me.

I am trying to play a good mix of popular films and more deep cuts that us CineD nerds would really enjoy. If you have film ideas, genre ideas, theme ideas, etc please tell me or post a Letterboxd list. I have 7,500 films personally so there is a very solid chance I will have a large majority of what you want to see and can slap it in the queue or straight up just change the movie that's playing if the chat agrees. When it comes down to it, it's roughly 350+ films per month to stream 24/7. There is no way I can pull this off without your input. Help me out!

I look goo to watching with you goons!

Stream Link: https://windowsmoviehouse.com/
Discord Server: [url]https://discord.gg/4YRHUZS[/url]

Lisztomania

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yo, this dope as hell. Thanks windows

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

This is very cool, thanks windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E: nvm

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 16, 2020