Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Aw man, I had an idea like this for an LP ages ago. I just never had the time to pull it off.

I hope a black belt gets included because 1) they're fun and 2) there's some fun fuckery you can pull off later with equipment, keeping bonuses while using the inherent defense of the black belt.

edit:

darealkooky posted:

hoping for the GOAT party, fighter/monk/white and black mages

I like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I frequently comment on how I wish I had sword chucks.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

PMush Perfect posted:

This isn't even all of the new (or newly-common) enemies! Marsh Cave is a motherfucker.

No kidding. This is where grade school me stalled out. I grinded up to level 9 or 10, bought good stuff and magic, but could never make it work. Granted, I think my team was Fighter, Black Belt, Thief, and Red Mage and I didn't have any supplementary information on the game. I just had the cartridge. I didn't even have Nintendo Power to get my back. This is a hell of world to try to grok from the inside as your first RPG. I think I was in high school before I finally managed to pick this back up and power through my nightmare.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

achtungnight posted:

Well, I for one, got a first copy of the game that included a big map printout- around it and on the back we’re all the various monsters with pictures, stats, and HP totals. Did anyone else get that? Now I was a child at the time, and not always did I memorize, but with basic 4th grade math I was able to subtract damage from HP totals much of the time. Thus I could adjust some attacks to different enemies accordingly. But yeah, I was still glad for group affecting spells when I got them. Not having redirects was a mess.

My brother in law got the game for me at a garage sale, so I got no bonus stuff.