Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Popero posted:

Here's to Joshua Patrick Allen going for (however many points you need, for me it's 18) against this crappy Patriots team.

I need Allen and Diggs to put up 37 more points than the Bills’ kicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
As long as the Bills kicker doesn’t get more than 66 points tonight, I’ve got third place locked up.

Been a fun first fantasy season for me and I can see how the crazy highs and lows of each week makes for a stressful fall.

Can’t wait for next season!!!

Thanks again to beersheets for guiding me through my draft and pretty much getting me a 3rd place even though I had no idea who 90% of the players were at the start of the season.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
This is fun.

I’m winning by .01 with my Taron Johnson left. He’s done.

Come on baby, get some stat correction insurance points for us!!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I feel a bit better that, between going against Kamara and David Johnson, and having Gibson do almost nothing and Allen not play, there’s no combination I could have put in that would have even gotten me close. 2nd place is pretty great, and 1st place was not within reach.

I will, however, curse Michael Thomas until my dying day. Between drafting him and Dak, I’m impressed I made the finals at all. (Not blaming Dak, what happened to him was brutal.)

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Won 2 that end this week. Pretty satisfying to barely sneak into the playoffs at 6-7 in both and just annihilate all of my opponents in each round. Down 30 with Allen to go in week 1 of my last finals.

Think I might finally join a dynasty league this upcoming year. The idea of a dynasty draft seems pretty overwhelming but at least it'd give me a reason to pay attention to football between February and August.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If Josh Allen scores 34 points he is QB1 so we all know what we need to root for tonight

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd like to thank Big MikeE, Mahomes/Kelce, and James Robinson for carrying my wildly inconsistent dynasty team to a championship. You may not have played in the final, RB1son, but you were a fantasy hero.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd like to thank Big MikeE, Mahomes/Kelce, and James Robinson for carrying my wildly inconsistent dynasty team to a championship. You may not have played in the final, RB1son, but you were a fantasy hero.

Dude in one of my dynasty SF leagues was so sure Haskins was going to work out this year, I got Robinson for Haskins straight up in like week 3. Best trade I made all year for sure.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I grabbed Robinson off the WW cause I saw he was listed at the top of the Depth chart and I figured eh why not

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I grabbed Robinson off the WW cause I saw he was listed at the top of the Depth chart and I figured eh why not

I read this tweet and added Devine Ozigbo.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status/1300815476373762048?s=20

Someone else added Robinson the next day.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I lost my championship game. To a guy who never played fantasy before. I wish I could say it was because of Kamara or Devante Adams but no, David Johnson and Jeff loving Wilson did me in. My team laid a complete dud so that didn't help. 2nd place is fine though. It was a fun season. Time to start mock drafts to get ready for next season.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Popero posted:

Here's to Joshua Patrick Allen going for (however many points you need, for me it's 18) against this crappy Patriots team.

Getting more and more nervous as we approach game time, I crave the glory of a title

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I'm taking a shot tonight every time Diggs or Beasley makes a catch. Either I'll be a drunk winner or sober loser.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Up ~40 points with my Bills D and his Josh Allen and Diggs to play for the chip :shepface:

I can't believe i'm in this position after getting Kamara'd Friday.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Turns out having Stafford and Corey Davis combine for 17 passing yards was not the winning combination for the finals, but I only lost by 20.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It was nice having Koo and Kelce all season and only having to worry about K and TE on bye weeks for the first time ever

Also joined an IDP league this year and recommend it. Learned a lot about defense in general and players I didn’t know

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 29, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Won a Super Bowl in my new dynasty league. Pretty drat happy about that. :dance:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Thank you, Stefon Diggs, for making me a champion.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

20-team league champion wut wut!!! :woop::neckbeard::captainpop::cheersbird::moonrio:

Thank you Kamara for putting up half the point total for my meager squad this week. :stonkhat:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

singlehandedly brought me back AGAINST KAMARA to take third place/finish in the money. insane. insane.

congrats to all the champs

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Thank you Diggs for reinforcing my opponent's win. Now I know there was no what-if situation to haunt me. Having Kamara was great, but there was no way to survive both Davante Adams and Diggs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I had Diggs and Kamara so an easy coast to a win

:toot:

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
For the first time in my life I am a fantasy football champion.

I won this week due to outstanding performances from the players I drafted highest in their position: Rodgers, Kelce, Godwin, and Schobert on defense.

gently caress YEAH BABY!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

gently caress I'm having last minute waffling between Pollard and Henderson Jr. for my RB2 in PPR. I need a big game from someone as I'm now projected to lose the ship by 30 points, but most of my starters (Rodgers, Henry, Diggs, AJ Brown) have yet to play.

The correct response was "neither" should have grabbed Gio Bernard who would have pushed me over the edge. Thought I was sunk over the weekend but Diggs had a night and almost won it for me :( Lost the 'ship by 8 points.

2nd place ain't bad considering I lost CMC for 90% of the season. Cheers for all the help this thread has provided!

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Capped posted:

Playing for $1500 and I felt like a lock, up 20 with josh Allen and Diggs going into the Sunday night game against.....Rodgers and Davante. At least it’s a fun sweat tonight!

EASY. 3k for first after drafting cmc/kittle/Godwin/Sutton to start the draft.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Down by less than 3 in the championship finals with Josh Allen left to play. Basically just need Allen to not come down with COVID before the game tomorrow to win....

Never a doubt :clint: . Not that it ended up mattering, but very happy that I chose to start Josh Allen over Jalen Hurts, and Jeff Wilson over Gio Bernard.

2 time champ in our league of 11 years. Feels good man.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I survived against both Kamara and Evans :)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

decypher posted:

For the first time in my life I am a fantasy football champion.

I won this week due to outstanding performances from the players I drafted highest in their position: Rodgers, Kelce, Godwin, and Schobert on defense.

gently caress YEAH BABY!

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Never a doubt :clint: . Not that it ended up mattering, but very happy that I chose to start Josh Allen over Jalen Hurts, and Jeff Wilson over Gio Bernard.

2 time champ in our league of 11 years. Feels good man.

Capped posted:

EASY. 3k for first after drafting cmc/kittle/Godwin/Sutton to start the draft.

Intruder posted:

I had Diggs and Kamara so an easy coast to a win

:toot:

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

singlehandedly brought me back AGAINST KAMARA to take third place/finish in the money. insane. insane.

congrats to all the champs

Quiet Feet posted:

20-team league champion wut wut!!! :woop::neckbeard::captainpop::cheersbird::moonrio:

Thank you Kamara for putting up half the point total for my meager squad this week. :stonkhat:

saintonan posted:

Thank you, Stefon Diggs, for making me a champion.

Silly Burrito posted:

Won a Super Bowl in my new dynasty league. Pretty drat happy about that. :dance:

Tyree posted:

I survived against both Kamara and Evans :)

Drunk Nerds posted:

Back 2 back 14 team BML titles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDMIXmctMc

BBQ, we'd love to show you

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 29, 2020

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Thanks to Davante, Mike Evans, and Diggs being my WRs this week I scored the second highest score in the ten year history of our league. In the loving third place game

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Fentry posted:

Thanks to Davante, Mike Evans, and Diggs being my WRs this week I scored the second highest score in the ten year history of our league. In the loving third place game

Exact same thing happened to our eliminated #1 seed, condolences! But know that you're probably the most feared team in your league next year. Wreck wrath with vengeance!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Fentry posted:

The team that broke the highest points record for a season by 100 in my league with 18 years of history ended up in 4th after going 12-2 in the regular season. A bad time for a losing streak, facing Hurts week 15 and Kamara week 16.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

N-thing the thank Christ for Diggs sentiment. I was down like 75 points at one point thanks to Kamara in round one of our championship game and that beautiful bastard helped shore my deficit up to 9 points going into this week. Now I just need to hope Kamara doesn’t have a repeat, and figure out what the gently caress to do with Tyreek Hill and Marvin Jones Jr assuming Hill gets rested this week and Matt Stafford remains out. I picked up Slayton and Keke and hoping I can rely on their matchups but I don’t like it.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Spoeank posted:

If Josh Allen scores 34 points he is QB1 so we all know what we need to root for tonight

QB1 btw

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Glad this season is over. Ended up with a 2 1st, 3rd, and 2 4th place finishes. Had a rough playoffs all around.

Won my vampire league as the vampire this year.

Week 1 Roster:
QB: Big Ben
RB: James Robinson, B. Scott, Chris Thompson, Hines, Pollard, Murray, Duke Johnson
WR: DJax, A Miller, John Brown
TE: Hooper

Championship Roster:
QB: Hurts, Wilson
RB: Cook, Jacobs, Ekeler, JRob, Gallman, Mike Davis
WR: Hill, Adams, R Anderson
TE: Kelce

Def a fun format if you are the vampire

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

Glad this season is over. Ended up with a 2 1st, 3rd, and 2 4th place finishes. Had a rough playoffs all around.

I went 1 for 5 in championships :negative: So a handful of 2nds, a few semifinal losses too, but not a good championship week for most of my rosters. Too many teams with little depth that couldn't handle losing James Robinson or Keenan Allen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hell yeah baby that means I have the QB1, WR1 and RB1 on my third place fantasy team. Not mad at all!!!

Anyway remember the lovely team that had only Ryan Fitzpatrick in a Superflex I had as a result of spending the draft manually doing beersheets stuff for people?

Karma is real

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Made it to the finals of my 12 team league with Geoff as my QB, and now he's out for thumb surgery. Do I grab Dalton or Mitch Trubisky off the WW for all the marbles? Seems like a wash, but with Dalton maybe having more upside.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

In one of my money leagues, I entered the playoffs with a 6-7 record and ended up winning the championship in that league. Which felt great because I won three straight, two of those games being against teams that dominated all season. My team really started to great in the later half of the season because I rode the WW and picked up Hilton and Ahmed before everyone started going for them so they certainly saved my rear end along with Watson. Second championship in four years too, in a stupid competitive league. :feelsgood:

My other money league I was 9-4 going into the playoffs, most points and a first round bye and I ended up getting knocked out in the semi-finals, and then getting dunked on by Diggs for a fourth place finish. Didn't help that Mahomes had some of his most meh games this past month. :negative:

Oh well, I won championship money and most points during the regular season money. Time to buy a nice bottle of scotch and donate the rest.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

Time to buy a nice bottle of scotch and donate the rest.

Nice plan! If you're looking for a charity, it's often fun to look up the pet charity of your most popular player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Finished the year with 3/4 playoffs, a 4th place (ugh) and a 2nd place finish, and 4th in a guillotine. Up $25 after everything thanks to the 2nd place, overall a solid year. Now what am I going to do at work all day?