Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

I don't have a ton of stuff to directly contribute, but game makers toolkit on YouTube has a ton of really interesting deep dives into game design and what makes games fun.

https://m.youtube.com/user/McBacon1337

I guess I do have stuff to say about Nintendo hard and games being fun. I played and finished Celeste which was absurdly hard and I really liked it, even though I died like two thousand times. Without doing the bonus stuff, too hardcore for me. So I died a lot, but respawning was super fast and didn't have annoying sound effects or anything. And the controls were really precise, my dying felt like me doing it wrong, not the game being arbitrary or unfair. It's hard to explain, but they felt right for the game, like the right amount of speed and movement for each button press and joystick movement. I generally prefer 2d to 3d games because I usually find the controls better to deal with and I don't like dicking around with the camera. I would have hated a game with as much jumping in 3d. So for me, I'll be happy with a really difficult game if I like the movement and respawning is painless. And if the story is good that helps too.

Solenna fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU