Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Blacknose posted:

It's definitely an extra challenge not being able to think 'poo poo I need some more 50mm wood screws' and run to a shop, but rather order online and wait days.

Screwfix is still open for click and collect, FYI.

Cool project. I used to drive a van just like yours, and while it wasn't an especially enjoyable experience, I can't fault the vehicle at all. Good van.

For the timbers, I'd look at screwing them in from the bottom up, you can use the screws designed for tin roofs that have a rubber washer on the shoulder.
Plus you are then screwing into wood, which is something you can actually screw into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
The solution to the alignment is that now you've already screwed in from the top, you can remove every second screw in each piece of timber, and then replace them with ones from underneath, then repeat for the other screws. But yeah, if you can't get under the van to do it then there's no point.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Tomarse posted:

Don’t even bother applying if you can’t tick all the requirements off the list. It won’t get through and they will probably charge you some money.

FYI I just went through a 4 month battle to register an imported car with them over similar pedantics, and fortunately they don't charge you until they accept the application.

I ended up having to use an agent who is able to speak to the DVLA and get actual feedback, have a conversation, etc. Cost me a few hundred, but got me the info I needed to register the car. You may have luck using a similar service.