Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Hell yeah. I just started a rewatch a few weeks ago. I haven’t watched the show in probably 8 years and I haven’t watched it since broadcast before that. Not going to skip a single episode, maybe. I just got to Shapes in season 1, and It’s impressive how good the show is already in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

So I just got through “War of the Coprophages” and holy poo poo what a killer episode. Every part is great. Scully rolling her eyes at everything, Mulder coming up with the most fantastically dumb theory, Bambi and the Dr walking off together, and the roach that crawls across the screen! It all works so well! This is definitely going on my list of go-to rewatch episodes.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

Darin Morgan's episodes are all really fun and good.

I looked up what he wrote for the series and they are all favorites of mine. Humbug loving rules.

Started the next episode and WHAM! fat Ryan Reynolds out of the gate. And Laurie from that 70s show just murdered him! Hopefully this one goes well too.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s better than the end of the original show. The Chris Carter episodes are extremely bad, some are average, and the Darin Morgan ones are the greatest of the series.

I’m rewatching season 3 and that’s true for it too.

Watching Syzygy after War of the Coraphahes was rough. Mulder is just loving mean for no reason. It definitely feels like Carter is completely disconnected from where the series and actors are actually at in terms of development.

Kwatz fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 5, 2021

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought this was part of the episode's plot?

I mean the episode is about two girls who get cosmic powers due to the alignment of their birthdays and planets so it didn’t seem so. Maybe I missed something. I did read that the episode was essentially a “gently caress you, never gonna happen” to the fans about Mulder and Scully hooking up from Carter.