Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

This neckbearded nerd has incredibly stupid opinions on fantasy firearms.

"Remember, Mastershakeman is literally always wrong."

A Fancy Hat posted:

That first revival season is rough and proves that Chris Carter is, somehow, the worst X-Files writer. Curse of the Were-Monster is one of the best episodes ever, though.

The second revival season is much better, except for the finale, which you should avoid at all costs and pretend Mulder and Scully are just out there doing their thing forever.

Regarding conspiracy theories - unfortunately the world we live in right now means that conspiracy theories are (mostly) the domain of right-wing grifters scamming morons. I think the show did a good job in the 2nd revival season of addressing that fact and course correcting after presenting an Alex Jones-esque character as a voice of reason in the first revival season.

I stopped watching after lost art of forehead sweat where scully said she'd rather remember things the way she prefers rather than knowing what they're really like. with that in mind should I ever finish watching the last few episodes? i saw everything else up to that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

WarEternal posted:

Fun fact: The script for this episode was literally sitting in a drawer for 10 years and something that Morgan originally wrote for the Kolchak reboot. It never got filmed because the reboot was cancelled very early. It's like 95% the same as the Kolchak script.

I never watched the 2nd reboot season because I intensely disliked all but this episode in the first season. And they couldn't get Vince Gilligan to write one loving new episode? Come on.

watch lost art of forehead sweat, its worth it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

it's frankly shocking how well Doggett worked in the show