Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

That first revival season is rough and proves that Chris Carter is, somehow, the worst X-Files writer.

My eyes always glaze over when an episode does one of those Chris Carter droning monologues because they're just so rambling and empty of substance. I feel like I'm listening to a reading of some film student's paper on the Matrix. I actually liked the last series, but the opening and ending episodes were complete horseshit and I just pretend they never happend while enjoying a nice batch of monster of the week episodes.

Was Carter somehow involved with Heroes? Because I gave up on that because of all the opening monologues that just waffled on about nothing.

I did a re-watch of X-Files a few years ago with my wife and I found I preferred the MOTW episodes because you got to see the characters playing off eachother and having fun. I'm old enough to have watched X Files as it originally aired and as a teenager I was excited for the arc to move forwards, but I bailed out at some point because life got in the way. When I went back to it the world had changed and I never really got into it's groove.

Whatever happened to UFO hysteria anyway? One day people just suddenly stopped caring. I know camera phones killed most things like this and I guess the fact that we can now buy drones that "move like nothing I ever saw in the sky" popped the alien tech bubble, but we just don't hear from people saying they got probed anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU