Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It’s actually CYBRTRK :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It’s actually CYBRFUK :colbert:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Too cyber to live

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
the year is 2020 abd the COVID has taken over u are the last survivor of humanity

u survive by sealing yourself into your CYBER TRUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owYMRqvoVlY&t=77s

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
lol it's still not out

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

They can't release it until its toddler seeking functionality is finished.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm pretty sure the Ford Maverick has proven that yeah Americans do want smaller trucks. It's the smallest truck you can buy, despite being gigantic, and it's impossible to find, even used, because demand so far outstrips supply

Certain vocal shitheads want bigger and bigger trucks gotta have them but the actual majority of truck wanters and truck users want smaller vehicles

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm pretty sure the Ford Maverick has proven that yeah Americans do want smaller trucks. It's the smallest truck you can buy, despite being gigantic, and it's impossible to find, even used, because demand so far outstrips supply

Certain vocal shitheads want bigger and bigger trucks gotta have them but the actual majority of truck wanters and truck users want smaller vehicles

My '99 Ranger kicks rear end and I'll never drive anything bigger

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm not saying the Maverick is good, but it's the smallest truck that Americans can reasonably obtain, and it's so popular that it's selling new way over MSRP, they're way backlogged with new orders, and every used one gets bought immediately. Obviously this means that car manufacturers are going to listen to the market and rush out a variety of smaller trucks, I'm sure

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I think Elon forgot about his car company, and is just interested in yelling into his 40 billion dollar megaphone they call “Twitter”.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I’ve had a Maverick on order for 6 mo and will probably have to wait a year+ if I ever get it. They got 80k orders in the 5 days the order window was open.

Small, cheap trucks that get 40mpg own.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Mexicans get it, they buy up all the old Toyotas and tow them back across the border.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Thank God I hate assholes in large trucks, can't even see past them at stop lights

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm not saying the Maverick is good, but it's the smallest truck that Americans can reasonably obtain, and it's so popular that it's selling new way over MSRP, they're way backlogged with new orders, and every used one gets bought immediately. Obviously this means that car manufacturers are going to listen to the market and rush out a variety of smaller trucks, I'm sure

my sister in law had a 2000 toyata tacoma that was a great little truck and lasted a good 20 years. unfortunately the newer tacomas are ridiculous beasts

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hosed it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cyber truck suck and gently caress

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

FCKGW posted:

I’ve had a Maverick on order for 6 mo and will probably have to wait a year+ if I ever get it. They got 80k orders in the 5 days the order window was open.

Small, cheap trucks that get 40mpg own.

I wish Ford, Mazda or Toyota would make a truck the size of a 90's-early aughts Ranger or Tacoma again, I'd fall over myself to buy one

that stick '99 Ranger is one of the most nimble, fun cars I've ever driven and I'd sure like one that got better gas mileage

Driving from Albuquerque to Pagosa Springs through the Jicarilla reservation in the middle of the night was extremely fun with a navigator, especially considering the sheer amount of deer

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 21, 2023

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Good Sphere posted:

I think Elon forgot about his car company, and is just interested in yelling into his 40 billion dollar megaphone they call “Twitter”.

The engineers at Tesla are probably relieved that Elon Musk has a shiny new toy to be distracted by so they don't have to follow every idiotic whim Elon comes up with.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

cybertruck <<< rabbit pickup

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bro you ain't hosed poo poo.

Probably sucked its dick though.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I bought them all and buried them for a geocaching project

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

I wish Ford, Mazda or Toyota would make a truck the size of a 90's-early aughts Ranger or Tacoma again, I'd fall over myself to buy one

that stick '99 Ranger is one of the most nimble, fun cars I've ever driven and I'd sure like one that got better gas mileage

Driving from Albuquerque to Pagosa Springs through the Jicarilla reservation in the middle of the night was extremely fun with a navigator, especially considering the sheer amount of deer

That’s literally the Maverick.

code:

2008 RANGER
Height 67.7 in.
Length 203.6 in.
Width 69.4 in.
Wheelbase 125.9 in.

2022 MAVERICK
Height 68.7 in.
Length 199.7 in.
Width 72.6 in.
Wheelbase 121.1 in.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-vs-2008-ranger-comparison-look-side-by-side.1525/

The only thing that sucks is it only comes in a quad cab so you gotta deal with the tiny truck bed. I used to have a ‘99 ranger as well and I miss it dearly.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

great big cardboard tube posted:

You guys seen that picture of Elon before the hair transplant and dentistry and plastic surgery and team of stylists? It's wild lol I bet he posts here

I bet he posted here, once. imo his spending 44 billion dollars to bbe a moderator likely springs from some permaban-related trauma

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

FCKGW posted:

That’s literally the Maverick.

code:

2008 RANGER
Height 67.7 in.
Length 203.6 in.
Width 69.4 in.
Wheelbase 125.9 in.

2022 MAVERICK
Height 68.7 in.
Length 199.7 in.
Width 72.6 in.
Wheelbase 121.1 in.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-vs-2008-ranger-comparison-look-side-by-side.1525/

The only thing that sucks is it only comes in a quad cab so you gotta deal with the tiny truck bed. I used to have a ‘99 ranger as well and I miss it dearly.

yeah gently caress a quad cab where's my full bed and cab that I can't put anything in, FAIL

not trying to buy a fuckin camry here

also compared to the ranger it's ugly as gently caress

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 21, 2023

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
*rubs cyber truck shaped bulge in stomach* Burp...uh... I think they cancelled it

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

FalconImpala posted:

*rubs cyber truck shaped bulge in stomach* Burp...uh... I think they cancelled it

The Woke Mind Virus strikes again! Looking into it 😂

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
My first truck was a 1992 Nissan Pickup. It had a bench seat and the speedometer topped out at 85. It was like driving a go-kart. I don't know why nobody will make a tiny truck, they'd sell like loving crazy.

naem
May 29, 2011

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I don't know why nobody will make a tiny truck, they'd sell like loving crazy.

they absolutely would especially at an affordable entry level price.

I know that mandatory safety features add some to size and expense, and also that the profit margins on ginnourmous luxury trucks is a bit higher (right? is that why they push them so hard?)

but just like how only building luxury housing no one can afford, that just leaves a lot of potential in volume sales for anyone making practical and affordable products esp since it’s what people actually want

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

My first truck was a 1992 Nissan Pickup. It had a bench seat and the speedometer topped out at 85. It was like driving a go-kart. I don't know why nobody will make a tiny truck, they'd sell like loving crazy.

Because if you drive a small truck, you're not a real man and you have a small penis and hate America

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I don't know why nobody will make a tiny truck, they'd sell like loving crazy.

several companies do make them. they just don't sell them in america.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_truck

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Earwicker posted:

https://carfromjapan.com/ if you wanna buy a kei

I think when people are saying tiny truck, though, they're talking about 80s-90s sized Hiluxes and Rangers and stuff because those trucks are literally the size of an Outback

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

naem posted:

the profit margins on ginnourmous luxury trucks is a bit higher (right? is that why they push them so hard?)
I believe "a bit" is "massively more"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ce n'est pas une post.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

https://carfromjapan.com/ if you wanna buy a kei

I think when people are saying tiny truck, though, they're talking about 80s-90s sized Hiluxes and Rangers and stuff because those trucks are literally the size of an Outback

there are some of those in europe and south america like the dacia duster. but the perception is still that americans wont buy them because of our broken brains and sexual attraction to gigantic pickup trucks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

That was 50 million years ago, OP

Holy poo poo! Welcome back, Pick

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Holy poo poo! Welcome back, Pick

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like the Nissan Frontier

I do not like the Chevy Colorado

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

sorry. I usually only post on the weekend, so I miss things sometimes

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Earwicker posted:

Not really the kind of thing you want to drive on European or North American highways though. Some may hit highway speeds with the pedal smashed into the floor, but practically they were designed to deliver packages in villages and generally not exceed 80 km/h, and in an accident, you are the crumple zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

istewart posted:

cybertruck <<< rabbit pickup

I drove one of these for a single day about 35 years ago and still remember it fondly. Nimble little thing; a joy to use.